• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Leafeon/Decidueye Post Rotation Deck

The Beardsley

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,

This is the first deck I have made. I wanted to reach out and get more opinions on this deck list. I know it may not be optimal for the format, but I am a huge fan of Grass types and I figured I could start here. I am open to any and all input on what I have so far.

The goal for this deck is to fill up the bench as soon as possible. I opted for Apricorn Maker to get nest/timer balls into my hand instead of Pokemon Fan Club. Hala for this deck seems like a must because I will use Leafeon's GX move fairly early. I am using Dunsparce in place of Alolan Vulpix because it seems more efficient for early game.

Once again, I know this deck may not be the best in the format. I have a big budget and would be open to another grass decklist as well.

Thank you!

Pokemon
4 x Rowlet - SUM-9
4 x Dartrix - SUM-10
4 x Decidueye GX - SUM-12
3 x Eevee - SUM-101
3 x Leafeon GX - UPR-13
2 x Tapu Lele GX - GRI-60
1 x Dunsparce - CES-110

Item/Supporter/Stadium
2 x Apricorn Maker - CES-124
1 x Po Town - BUS-121
1 x Shrine of Punishment - CES-143
3 x Guzma - BUS-115
2 x Hala - GRI-126
4 x Cynthia - UPR-119
2 x Tate & Liza - CES-148
3 x Nest Ball - SUM-123
2 x Timer Ball - SUM-134
1 x Field Blower - GRI-125
1 x Lusamine - CIN-96
2 x Escape Rope - BUS-114
3 x Ultra Ball - SLG-68

Energy
7 x Grass Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special - SLG-69
1 x Super Boost Energy - Special - UPR-136

I see this is all about rushing Decidueye GX, but i think rushing isn't all that necessary. Leafeon's ability allows it to be quite tanky, especially when body-building dumbbells are added for the +40 hp. You should focus less on having the perfect opener and opt to make the deck more streamlined. IE having a 1-of trainer/supporter in the deck is always going to hurt you more than help from my experience.

I would only Bloom-GX if absolutely needed and would focus on making sure none of this stuff is getting knocked out.

Suggestions:
-1 Po Town (helps Decidueye GX i get it but commit or get rid of it)
-1 Shrine (helps Decidueye GX i get it but commit or get rid of it)
-1 Lusamine (pal pad is the same thing, stadiums arent this decks jam)
-2 Apricorn Maker (more draw support or more balls is better)
-2 Escape Rope (giving opponent choice is always bad)
-1 Super Boost (too conditional imo)
-1 Dunsparse (i get it you start with this and put 3 mons on bench to evo, but you don't actually want this, its slow.)

+3 lillie (draw support - If you can dump you hand of balls and basic mon's you lillie back up to 8 cards T1)
+1 Timer Ball (so, 3 timer, 3 nest, 3 ultra)
+2 Tate n' Liza (draw + switch, versatility)
+2 Switch (invaluable card, has it ever not been standard legal?) RIP float stone, you won't be missed by me.

EDIT: I also forgot that Max Potion should be added in here for the sake of keeping your Decidueye GX's alive if theyre switched in, you can use the above changes to switch out + heal. It would also highly benefit you to add in either Acro Bike or Poke' Nav for shallow searching out answers in a pinch. More item use and draw support is key to gutting your deck, finding your mons and murdering the opponents - consistently.

I see this is all about rushing Decidueye GX, but i think rushing isn't all that necessary. Leafeon's ability allows it to be quite tanky, especially when body-building dumbbells are added for the +40 hp. You should focus less on having the perfect opener and opt to make the deck more streamlined. IE having a 1-of trainer/supporter in the deck is always going to hurt you more than help from my experience.

I would only Bloom-GX if absolutely needed and would focus on making sure none of this stuff is getting knocked out.

Suggestions:
-1 Po Town (helps Decidueye GX i get it but commit or get rid of it)
-1 Shrine (helps Decidueye GX i get it but commit or get rid of it)
-1 Lusamine (pal pad is the same thing, stadiums arent this decks jam)
-2 Apricorn Maker (more draw support or more balls is better)
-2 Escape Rope (giving opponent choice is always bad)
-1 Super Boost (too conditional imo)
-1 Dunsparse (i get it you start with this and put 3 mons on bench to evo, but you don't actually want this, its slow.)

+3 lillie (draw support - If you can dump you hand of balls and basic mon's you lillie back up to 8 cards T1)
+1 Timer Ball (so, 3 timer, 3 nest, 3 ultra)
+2 Tate n' Liza (draw + switch, versatility)
+2 Switch (invaluable card, has it ever not been standard legal?) RIP float stone, you won't be missed by me.

EDIT: I also forgot that Max Potion should be added in here for the sake of keeping your Decidueye GX's alive if theyre switched in, you can use the above changes to switch out + heal. It would also highly benefit you to add in either Acro Bike or Poke' Nav for shallow searching out answers in a pinch. More item use and draw support is key to gutting your deck, finding your mons and murdering the opponents - consistently.

Thank you for the response. I can see how my original deck list isn't as efficient as it could be.

Here is the updated list

Pokemon

4 x Rowlet - SUM-9
4 x Dartrix - SUM-10
3 x Eevee - SUM-101
3 x Leafeon GX - UPR-13

Item/Supporter/Stadium

2 x Lillie - UPR-125
3 x Guzma - BUS-115
2 x Hala - GRI-126
4 x Cynthia - UPR-119
3 x Nest Ball - SUM-123
3 x Timer Ball - SUM-134
2 x Switch - CES - 147
3 x Ultra Ball - SLG-68
1 x Max Potion - GRI-128
1 x PokeNav - CES-140

Energy
7 x Grass Energy

Last edited:
I like it, and i actually want to test it out for myself... Though if you've gotten a chance to use this over the weekend, let me know how its gone. ^_^

If there are still consistency issues, we can't def work on those. Space is def tight in this one because of the evo lines. Just by looking at it i see we may want to add in a rescue stretcher, remove a tapu-lele to grab back a Decidueye line if its lost, or discarded with an ultra ball grab.

Great stuff from Rusery.

I played a fair bit of Decidueye, and love Leafeon, especially with no strong Fire presence after rotation.

The deck looks much better. Some changes you may want to consider:
(1)
+ 2 rare candy
-1 Dartrix (3 is enough for your GX)
-1 PokeNav
(the idea with these changes is to get those Decidueye out asap, and the combo of rare candy and U-Ball is a proven move.)

(2)
-1 Leafeon (2 is enough) and +1 rescue stretcher (to get what you need out of the discard pile without relying on Decidueye's GX). The leaf energy can reliably find Leafeon.

(3) Upcoming:
Professor Elm's Lecture - it's the new Brigette. If you're going to use Leafeon's GX early, then you need the Rowlets on the bench (this is the trick for set up), and this is the card. I would replace the Apricorn Makers. If you go first, and can't attack/GX, this card is an ace for set up, since you can use Cynthia or another supporter on turn 2. Also, in a deck that is already tight on space, 3 PELs take less space than 2 AMs + 3 Nest Balls. With that extra two cards, I would add a Field Blower, Choice band, or dumbells and ...

(4) Also upcoming:
- the upcoming grass stadium (a prism, and I can't remember the name of it) that allows you to heal 60 from any pokemon with grass energy on it. This is a must with Leafeon.

The game is expected to slow down after rotation, which is where Decidueye shines. The trick with Decidueye is who you use as the active. Ninetails GX (and vulpix for set up) was a great partner. Leafeon also works but plays different.

Good luck!

How has this deck done since Rotation? I have a Challenge on Thursday night and am thinking about running this as i dont think anyone is gonna see it coming.

How are the match ups against other Meta decks?

I accidentally included 4 Tate and Liza's in my revised list.

Here is the list with all adjustments thanks to @SquirtleRules and @Rusery

Pokemon - 19

4 x Rowlet - SUM-9
3 x Dartrix - SUM-10
3 x Eevee - SUM-101
3 x Leafeon GX - UPR-13

Item/Supporter/Stadium - 30

2 x Lillie - UPR-125
3 x Guzma - BUS-115
2 x Hala - GRI-126
4 x Cynthia - UPR-119
3 x Nest Ball - SUM-123
3 x Timer Ball - SUM-134
2 x Rare Candy
1 x Rescue Stretcher - GRI-130
2 x Switch - CES - 147
3 x Ultra Ball - SLG-68
1 x Max Potion - GRI-128
1 x PokeNav - CES-140

Energy - 11

7 x Grass Energy

Thank you all again for helping me make this deck work out! I will be sure to add the new grass cards when they come out.

Aye, let us know how this goes if you can get it running. Im missing a few things for it.

Some more thoughts:

-Can -2 Dartrix (1) and +2 rare candy (4) since you're running 9 balls.
-Could also drop PokeNav now that i've been thinking and add Apricot Maker x1-2 to find those balls.
-Take 1 Tate/liza out, keep x2 switch
- Add Acerola x1 or +1 max potion, because Shrine of Punishment is going to hurt this deck hard.

Back