• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Lapras/Keldeo

Darkness3827

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty simple, Expanded version of water box. Idea is to use Max Elixir and Aqua Patch to power up Lapras T1, then use Float Stone Keldeo to reuse Lapras' attack. Shaymin obviously is for draw support. Suicune / Glaceon are for free wins. Huntail is to get around Jolteon and deal decent amounts of damage for 1 energy. Right now I'm not sure whether I want Suicune or Glaceon, so advice on that would be helpful. Glaceon seems better since Hex Maniac sees more play than Pokémon Ranger, also FOGP decks are a problem.

Pokémon: 14
3 Lapras GX
3 Keldeo EX
2 Glaceon EX / Suicune (leaning Glaceon)
2 Shaymin EX
2-2 Huntail PRC line (as much as I like this card and want to have some sort of uniqueness to the deck, it feels like it takes up too much space, so I might ditch this)

Trainers: 34
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
1 Computer Search
4 Max Elixir
4 Aqua Patch
3 Float Stone
4 VS Seeker

2 Rough Seas (Field Blower might be better here)

3 Sycamore
2 N
1 Colress / Hala (undecided)
2 Lysandre
1 AZ

Energy: 12
12 Water Energy

Any advice for how to improve this deck would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading this.

Why not Manaphy EX? You can remove float stones if you have that and gives any mon with water energy free retreat, works much better than float stone,-"also remove huntsik for sure, it doesn't rack up enough damage to be efficient, if your considering doing a water turbo drck, use primarina GX and bubble beat instead, but that's a different deck entirely.

Personally I don't like Manaphy because it doesn't have a strong attack and it can't deal with special conditions, so I'd have to run escape ropes as well. As for Huntail I can see that. I mainly wanted it to deal with Jolteon and act as an alternative attacker that doesn't require much energy, but it is a somewhat clunky card.

In the worst case scenario, manaphy gets lysandre/sleep or paralysis, Keldeo with water energy attached free retreat. Idk haven't tried this how about removing max elixer for battle compressors? I know when using dark patch I would discard some dark energy to benefit. Or I would at least try to find room for battle compressor imo.

Pretty simple, Expanded version of water box. Idea is to use Max Elixir and Aqua Patch to power up Lapras T1, then use Float Stone Keldeo to reuse Lapras' attack. Shaymin obviously is for draw support. Suicune / Glaceon are for free wins. Huntail is to get around Jolteon and deal decent amounts of damage for 1 energy. Right now I'm not sure whether I want Suicune or Glaceon, so advice on that would be helpful. Glaceon seems better since Hex Maniac sees more play than Pokémon Ranger, also FOGP decks are a problem.

Pokémon: 14
3 Lapras GX
3 Keldeo EX
2 Glaceon EX / Suicune (leaning Glaceon)
2 Shaymin EX
2-2 Huntail PRC line (as much as I like this card and want to have some sort of uniqueness to the deck, it feels like it takes up too much space, so I might ditch this)

Trainers: 34
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
1 Computer Search
4 Max Elixir
4 Aqua Patch
3 Float Stone
4 VS Seeker

2 Rough Seas (Field Blower might be better here)

3 Sycamore
2 N
1 Colress / Hala (undecided)
2 Lysandre
1 AZ

Energy: 12
12 Water Energy

Any advice for how to improve this deck would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading this.

I play something similar in expanded. My main advice would be to thin out your pokemon line a lot more. I usually run something like this in a "keep it simple" list intended to maximize what the deck does well:

Pokemon 9
4 Lapras
2 Shaymin (could 1/1 split Shaybae with Lele, but I haven't tried it yet)
1 Manaphy
1 Keldeo
1 Glaceon

Trainers 40
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Colress
1 Olympia
1 Kukui
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Aqua Patch
4 Max Elixir
3 Trainer's Mail
1 Field Blower
1 Computer Search

2 Float Stone
3 Choice Band (can do FFB if you like the added HP better)

2 Brooklet Hill
1 Rough Seas

Energy 11
11 Water Energy

Changes I would probably make to this list after playing it a bit would be to add an additional Kukui. I do like the escape ropes and use them a lot in Standard. In expanded, you have to figure out what you want to cut, and since there aren't a ton of decks that concerned with trashing abilities, I went with hoping Keldeo isn't stalled over using the ropes.

Back