Discussion Lamborghini of Fire Decks

Dennis

Aspiring Trainer
What , pray tell , is in the majority of players minds when it comes to this next evolution . I know Metal looks powerful , as do many others . But , if you had to build the ultimate, relevant Fire Deck to melt these robots of doom, and cost wasn't an issue, where and what direction would one go. Looking for input. And lists .

Last edited:
Lamborghini? That's easy. Just build a normal fire deck (maybe volcanion, like previously mentioned), and play a full set of full art N from Next Destiny. It doesn't really help much, but it instantly makes you the cool one and looks really nice.

Well, is it Ho-Ho ? Volcanion EX ? Turtunator ? Infernape ? What magic combination will work, and burn fast ! I have all the parts, but not the build !

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/volcanion-ex-deck-2018-rotation.141099/

Here's a Volcanion EX deck list.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/ho-oh-gx-deck.143573/

Here's a Ho-oh deck list, but i'd recommend reading through the whole post as there are some improvements that can be made.

Pokemon: 15

3 Ho Oh GX
2 Salandit
2 Salazzle GX
2 Volcanion EX
1 Volcanion
1 Turtonator GX
3 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 31

Items
2 Max Elixir
3 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower

Supporter
3 Guzma
4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Kiawe

Energy: 14

14 Fire Energy

Here's a Ho-oh deck made by the same guy who made the Volcanion deck.

Good luck!

I say Turtonator/Ho-Oh/Kiawe. Ho-Oh has a Fighting-type Resistance which helps a ton against Buzzwole and Lycanroc. It has a Lightning-type Weakness, meaning Glaceon doesn't hurt him as much. 160 isn't enough to hit everything for an OHKO, but teching a Volcanion-EX with Choice Band can definitely solve that problem.

Turtonator is an enigma in and of itself. You can be defensive with Shell Trap or explosive with Bright Flame. Nitro Tank is fantastic late game also, when you're needing a last-ditch effort to get your act together and steal the game away.

Straight Volc might see more popularity if DMN/Zone does, and if Glaceon sees as much hype.

Depending on how big Glaceon-GX becomes, I'd say Fire-type decks could possibly be shifting away from Volcanion-EX and focusing more on Ho-Oh, Turtonator, and Salazzle.

I love me some Ho-oh Salazzle. I actually just started a video series over the list I used in most of my IRL and online tournaments last month (win a League Challenge and got packs in the Pokebeach Monthly...)

Follow the link in my signature. It's the Playlist called Ho-Oh's HoeDown. Plan to do more episodes Monday/Wednesday/Friday until I've exhausted the different matchups I played.

Back