• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

LaKE for States

Brendan

Hi there
Pokemon
3 Landorus NV 74
3 Kyurem NV 34
3 Voltorb TR 83
3 Electrode TR 93
1 Shaymin UL 8
TSS
4 Junk Arm TR 87
3 Eviolite NV 91
3 N NV 92
3 Pokemon Catcher EP 95
3 Pokemon Collector HGSS 97
2 Super Rod NV 95
2 Professor Juniper BW 101
2 Lost Remover CL 80
2 Level Ball ND 89
2 Sage's Training UD 77
2 Pokegear 3.0 HGSS 96
2 Twins TR 89
1 Energy Switch BW 94
Energy
6 Fighting Energy BW 110
6 Water Energy BW 107
4 Prism Energy ND 93

Overall strategy is start with Landorous and start dealing heavy damage hopefully by T2. Electrode pops help quickly attach, and Kyurem is for Glaciating clean up kills.

I run a deck very similar to this. A few things I have differently are I use 2 shaymin and 1 mewtwo ex. I don't run twins but do run research record. And i think 3 level ball and 3 communications may be overkill, maybe drop2 communications for switches or skyarrows

Skyarrows and switches are useless once I'm setup in my opinion. I feel like a lot of decks are going to be running Skyarrow anyway (MTC and Eel variants)

Why do you prefer research record over twins? I've only been able to test on PlayTCG and that does not support research record and I prefer twins knowing that I am guaranteed to be down at least one prize once in a game, assuming I use Energymite.

Mewtwo EX would be nice if I can trade for one but I won't be buying one. Could you PM me your list if you are comfortable with that? The only problem I'm having is getting Electrodes out, I either get 1-2 benched Voltorbs with no Electrodes or 1-2 Trodes in my hand with no benched Torbs.

My only thing about twins versus energymite, is this format doesnt allow a wasted energymite. I want to be fully set up before I blow up, and not have to try to set up when down on prizes

Research Record only let's you see the top 4 cards, do you think that's enough? Also your list seems to focus on Kyurem more than Landorus, based on your counts for each. Any reason for that?

Id bump up to 4 eviolite, in an all basic deck such as CaKE, LaKE, Corners, etc. Also, Mewtwo, the everlasting tech would go in here if you have it. Also, try 3 catcher. You could also consider Shaymin EX or Terrakion, both taking advantage of Electrode or bad starts. If you can, i would also like to have 4 collector.

I've considered 4 Eviolite but it's a dead draw once I get 1-2 up because I typically won't need more than that. Mewtwo is a great tech especially in this deck and I will try to get one but I don't think I need it for the deck to work and I'm not going to buy it outright for the deck. I barely use catcher as it is right now so I don't think I need 3. When I first started working with this deck I put in Shaymin EX, after testing a few games I didn't use it once because I was either ahead by a lot or I was in a position that I didn't need to/couldn't Energymite to Shaymin EX and without acceleration it's harder to set it up. 4 Collector I do have and I do like, I've been slowly testing and tweaking after every 2-3 games.

Try cutting some energy for some more draw power. It is really needed. Also mewtwo or other techs/attackers would also be good I think.

Deck has been updated with testing, MTC is the only deck I have problems with and even then it's not autoloss. I can handle just about everything else, I've been considering teching in a Mewtwo EX if I can get my hands on one and also have been considering plus power. Not sure what everyone thinks.

Back