• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kyurem spread

benjamo234

Magikarp Lord
This is a deck I've been thinking of for a while. 30 spread to all of your opponents pokemon is great and with Vileplume to prevent you from being one-hit knocked out in one hit you can essentially spread 60 per Kyurem. Feraligatr is there for raining water so once a Kyurem dies you can send in a fresh one. And KGL can finish the game up by decimating your opponents bench. Now for the decklist.

25 Pokemon

4 Kyurem Noble Victories (Unreleased, link is below)

http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/red-collection/024.jpg

1-1 KGL Undaunted
3-2-2 Vileplume Undaunted
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime HGSS
2 Mantine HGSS
2 Jirachi Unleashed
1 Solrock Triumphant
1 Lunatone Triumphant

20 T/S/S

3 Fisherman HGSS
4 Pokemon Collector HGSS
4 Rare Candies Unleashed
4 Twins Triumphant
4 PONT HGSS
1 Flower Shop Lady Undaunted

15 Energies

13 Water Energies HGSS
2 Psychic Energies HGSS
What do you think of this? My goal is to be able to get both stage 2s out on turn 2 or 3 so is there any way this could be faster. Thanks for reading this.

Well, one way to probably be faster and a bit more consistant would be to include some hand refresh. Say you get a ghetto hand early, you're just going to be praying to topdeck. You can probably benefit from some PONT at least 3 or 4. Also, I'm not really sure what Solrok and Lunatone are hanging out here for, do you play a lot of people who heal off damage or something?

I've been thinking about a kyurem deck and I was planning on attacking with Feraligator Prime. His attack can be pretty beastly with a few rounds of Kyurem's spread attack first. I don't know if that would be better than the legends since I've never used any but they may not be necessary. Say Kyurem hits for two rounds, that's 60 damage on their bench, Feral Prime comes in and hits for 120. Pretty much nothing is going to live.

Anyway, good luck with your deck, like I said I'm thinking about something similar so let us know if you end up with something good.

I think PONT would be a good addition to this. I've bumped the Vileplume and Feraligatr lines down to 3-2-2 and 2-2-2 and took out 1 water energy since I think I have an abundance. Also Solrock and Lunatone are there in the event that they have either Blissey prime or Serperior out.

I really think you don't need Solrock and Lunatone. Pretty much nobody uses Serperior and starting with Solrock or Lunatone often means the opponent gets a prize. I'd say you need changes like this:

-1 Solrock rarely useful
-1 Lunatone see above
-3 Fisherman this card only works in Reshiboar, you aren't discarding energy so you don't need this, if you do you can just search out the 1 with twins

+3 Seeker lets you pick up weakened Kyurems and their energy then use Feraligatr to rain the energy back down, fully healing them
+2 Mantine lets you set up way faster, especially under trainer lock, its an ideal starter for a water deck
+5

I'd also recommend removing KGL since it's an inferior Kyurem in this deck, but I don't know what you would add.

This deck has potential I think. I've been wanting to see KGL do good in a deck for so long lol petsonally i think the total wave attack is awesome of not for the damage then the discarding. I agree take out the solrock and lunatone they arent needed. I'm eager to see how a deck like this would work

For the most part I agree with what has been said. Solrock and Lunatone are very situational cards so they're probably not needed. And this deck has so much energy that fisherman is not really needed. Seeker and Mantine are cards I've never though about but now seem great for this deck. I'm not certain about Jirachi but it would be interesting for this deck with the option to devolve. The only thing I don't think could be good is KGL being removed. I think that in the late game, even if not for the damage the 5 card discard can win games based on how fast your opponent's deck is. Though I do think it could be bumped down to 1-1. If that's the case what should be added? Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

This deck lacks Jirachi.

If the opponent begins the game and have time to use Rare Candy before Vileplume is out, spread and send out Jirachi for multiple KOs.

Even if it's not played often, you should find a solution to Serperior's Royal Heal.

Solrock and Lunatone do stop Serperior and Blissey but make horrible starters. However since there is no other option for Serperior I do have to leave them out. Jirachi makes a decent counter to Serperior if they used a rare candy to evolve up. And Jirachi could be great in this deck so I added it in. Here's what I changed.

+ 2 Jirachi Unleashed
+ 2 Psychic Energy

- 1-1 KGL
- 2 Water Energy

I don't know. Seeker is really kind of a double edged sword and in this deck I'm not sure it benefits you as much as your opponent, depending on what's going on. You can only pick up one of your BENCHED pokemon meaning that if your kyurem (I'm assuming this is what you would want to pick up in the healing scenario afore mentioned) is hurt and active, you're going to be discarding two energy to get it off the bench and then using a supporter to pick it up and one energy, then laying down the kyurem again on your bench. This is not a great method of recycling pokemon since you're going to end up with a lot of energy in the discard to retreat since you don't run any switch or energy retrieval because of vileplume and you chew up your supporter for the round. I thought you had thought of this originally with the high fisherman count. With the lock, fisherman will be the only way to pull energy from the discard quickly.

The other side of seeker is that your opponent gets to do the same thing, essentially healing one of his benched pokemon, which you don't want. You spread damage for a few rounds and then the opponent gets to heal it off because of a card you played. You mentioned that healing is a threat, with seeker you're giving them that advantage. They will heal because of what you play, not what they play.

I agree that it is only worth running seeker with fisherman but for some reason I forgot that they get to pick up a benched pokemon. Therefore I switched the 3 seeker out for 2 fisherman and 1 collector.

I've also decided to remove the 3 PETM's for 1 Solrock 1 Lunatone and 1 Flower Shop Lady. After considering it Solrock and Lunatone do have a large role in knocking out Blissey Prime. Solrock makes for a good starter being able to survive 1 hit from Donphan Prime and Lunatone makes an okay starter. Keep in mind that since this deck already has 13 other basic pokemon you wouldn't be at too large of a disadvantage if you start with them and it's not very likely. Flower shop lady does have an important use of being able to get Solrock and Lunatone back plus some Kyurems. Thanks for the advice up to this point.

Back