KVE's 'Wild' pokémon

KVE493

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there, and welcome to this artshowcase.

Prelude: This whole concept started after I made a scruffy drawing of Pikachu (will follow further on).
The Idea of a pokémon actually looking wild when it is encountered caught on,
and I continued with Jigglypuff (will also follow further on in this thread).
This drawing was originally intended as a funny satire on the phrase:
"A wild pokémon appeared".​

A while later I decided to expand the concept and make it into this Thread.

Note: I will showcase all art in spoilers! Not because it is offensive, but because the pictures are too large. That way I can fit more into less postspace, which is also easier for those who only want to see specific artwork.

We start off with the one that started it all: Pikachu.
I made this randomly, when I got bored of my schoolwork a few years ago.

WildPikachu_zps583ec066.jpg

Last year I made the Jigglypuff spoof. I got inspired to make this one after seeing the Pikachu drawing again.

WildJiggly_zps888a34ea.jpg

Recently I expanded this concept to more (and hopefully in the end all) pokémon.
The first batch of these will follow soon.

And here are the latest additions to the collection in numerical order.
Note: When I make these I tend to give them the most likely "damage" they can get naturally.

To start off, my personal favorite so far: Oddish:

WildOddish_zpsef01e41c.jpg

Next up is Diglett:

WildDiglett_zpsb5fe1185.jpg

Then it's Magnemite, personally love this one a lot too:

WildMagnemite_zps5b7b779d.jpg

Next up is Exeggcute, this is one of my least succesful ones... I may redo this one later on:

WildExeggcute_zps2e6b390c.jpg

And then we have Cubone (sorry for the extra pencil lines on this one. I currently don't have an eraser...)

WildCubone_zpsaf9d3987.jpg

That's it for Generation1 so far. Next up are the last 2, from generation2;

We start gen2 with Chikorita of course. I went with an obese chikorita since I had no real inspiration for this one. Again my apologies for the extra lines.

WildChikorita_zps502c5ebb.jpg

And lastly we have Sentret. This one just got attacked by a larger pokémon and boy it is angry. It still has some fresh battle damage!

WildSentret_zps5f33daf6.jpg

I will update once I have new ones, Don't expect them every week though... These sort of things take time and inspiration.

If there are any requests I will try my best to make them happen, but keep in mind that my drawing skills are not unlimited! ;)

Very cool concept! I love the Oddish, it's so cute!
Do you think you will be coloring any of the new ones in?

Mightyena might be cool done in this style.

Keep up the great work!!!

Color sounds like a cool idea, maybe during the holidays when I have some time. Need to experiment with different colorstyles first to decide what fits and what doesn't. Will try Mightyena then too, when I can find the time. It does seem like a good choice for this.

We have a new member to add to the collection!

As requested: Migtyena. (Took some time to get it right though...)
I can also happily announce that I have a colourised version too!
( Note: The 2 drawings differ slightly since I made them separately since I didn't want to ruin the noncolorized version with poor colouring).

First up is the regular version:

WildMigtyena_zps55d95181.jpg

And the coloured one ( even with these crude colourings it looks a gazillion times better than the non coloured version!)

WildMightyenaColor_zpsec5b5ff2.jpg

I am really loving how the colours turned out. When I have some more time I will try to colour the previous ones too, but I need more practice with non grey shading first. Mightyena was easy since it is mainly grey & black...

Oh, before I forget. If you are wondering why I didn't draw this one smaller to fit it completely on the page It is because I cannot seem to get the legs and lower back right. Sorry for this...

Hey, you're getting better. You have really nice detail in the expression but there are more ways to draw a Pokemon in the wild other than crosshatches and some angry faces. Try to experiment more with positions, backgrounds and maybe even other Pokemon. Try to even draw them attacking? I think that will make your drawings much more dynamic and improve your art skills further.

Would love to do that. I have been practicing on manually posing them but I am not yet skilled enough to do so. Working with backgrounds I can do, so I will try to incorporate some of that.

I would love to be able to draw anything in any given position. I've been trying that for years now and I am improving slowly. Practice makes perfect, but it sure takes a long time ;)

Just like with my fake creations (see Fake Creations --> KVE's Fakemon) I decided to brush off and repolish those ideas that didn't make the final cut.
(Keep in mind that some of these design were made considerable time ago)
Also, I made the pictures in the evening, so I had to brighten them up a little which lowered the quality... Sorry for this.

In numerical order we have gen2's Cleffa. This was one of the very early drawings, so I added the background real quick for a nicer picture:

Cleffa2_zps86e7085c.jpg

Next up is gen3's Aron. This was also made at that earlier time when I didn't add backgrounds yet. Had no Inspiration for backing now so I simply added a colored plane for a little depth.

Aron_zpsd4357212.jpg

Lastly we have gen3's Cacnea. This was one of the first full coloured drawings I tried to make.
(Forgive me if the Colours do not match the Original art, but I am a little colourblind when it comes to shades of colours...)

Cacnea_zpsc0aed079.jpg

That's it for now. All upcoming will be new creations. I hope to find some time and inspiration soon!!

** Note: Apparently the picturemods i added were not transferred to these copies.
I will provide better quality pictures when the lighting improves.
The cleared up pictures can be seen on my photobucket (User: KVE493)...

Dude, these are really cool! That Cacnea is so adorable ;-;

Btw, I like your style. So looking forward to see the next ones! :3

Back