Writing Knighted

Fancy

Aristocrat
Hello, everyone! I've decided to start a side story to one Pokemon story that I'm telling now, Trump Card. This, however, is a different story and canon to Trump Card as well. I hope it will be enjoyable and seek also to shape the region I'm telling in both of these stories.

Knighted

Chapter 1: Prologue

The classroom stared quietly at the teacher as she announced the daily activities for the class and went over basic teachings of the knights. A boy's eyes began to drift elsewhere, he looked out of the window; trying to imagine soaring through the sky above the clouds. The castle they were in wasn't so close to the ground, it loomed over the town and blanketed it in a shadow; the castle was indeed high, up into the skies, nearing the clouds.

He examined his reflection in the window. He had dark hair and a light complexion, with cerulean blue eyes. He had tuned out the class discussion completely as he used the window as a mirror.

"Got your head in the clouds, Ventus?" someone from behind him had said.

"Those who wander aren't always lost," Ventus said.

"Oh, but you certainly are. Have you been paying attention to the class?" he whispered.

Ventus twisted around to see his friend and laid his hand on the desk. Everyone had given him a nickname because he had excelled in pokemon battles, he was called 'Arch Knight', Arch for short. He had wood brown spiky hair that covered one of his eyes.

"Look, Arch. I don't need to pay attention because-" Ventus had suddenly heard footsteps in his direction and he turned around to see the teacher glaring at him.

"Mr. Skywind, I would prefer if my class wasn't disrupted by you and your shenanigans," she said.

"Sorry, folks," Ventus said and let loose a smile, hoping to ease the tension off of him. The classroom stared at Ventus before looking back at the teacher to continue the daily announcements.

"Nice one, hot shot," A girl sitting next to Ventus had sarcastically said. It was Elizabeth, another one of the high class students. She excelled just as much as Arch, some say even better. She had long blonde hair and always portrayed the look of confidence.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Ventus whispered.

She, and everyone else, had turned to the teacher. "Today, each of you will be getting a pokemon, courtesy of Team Gale. You all, as trainees, must train your pokemon up to the standard that has been set by the Pokemon Knights. I wish you all well, now you may chat but please keep it quiet," she said as she went to her desk and started reading one of her books.

"So, how has your team been developing, Ventus?" Arch asked.

"We haven't been going on a lot of missions or patrol, we've only been hanging out. Improving our bond," Ventus said.

"Utter nonsense!" Elizabeth said as she turned to Ventus. "You should be training twenty-four seven. If you aren't, then you're just ruining your pokemon. Their skills will dull and you won't be able to lead them effectively!" she said.

"Thanks, but I don't think my pokemon's skills have dulled. They're as great as they always were," Ventus said.

"Are they? Let me see your detail cards," she said. Ventus reached into his pocket and gave her the detail cards.

"Pokemon: Lucario. Sword. Best suited for Attack. Caliber Seven," she said and moved on to the next card. "Pokemon: Pikachu. Sword. Best suited for Special Attack. Caliber Four," she read.

"And, just in case I didn't know what that meant, would you--"

"I'll explain it to you." Elizabeth said. "Pokemon are put into three basic categories: Sword, for offense. Shield, for defense. Dagger, for hasty offense. Caliber is a scale from one to ten of how viable your pokemon is in combat." she explained.

"Well, I guess I know what move I should teach my pokemon now," Ventus said.

"What move?" Arch asked.

"Swords Dance! Haha!" Ventus chuckled at his pun.

"You aren't taking this very seriously, are you?" Elizabeth sighed.

"I'm okay with the categories. But caliber just seems like a joke. Who are they to define how good a pokemon is in combat? It all depends on who's behind the sword, shield, or whatever!" Ventus said.

"Who are they to set a limit for how well in combat my pokemon can perform? My pokemon only have the skies to answer to as their limit!" Ventus said brimming with confidence.

"That's fine faith in your pokemon. But, I think you are pushing it a bit too far. Each pokemon has a limit, a limit you apparently haven't even gotten close to because you haven't been training; you've only been 'bonding'," she said.

"I get that you should train, but you shouldn't spend more time training them than you do bonding with them. They're not just swords and shields!" Ventus said vehemently. "And you're right that my pokemon aren't near their limit, because they have none," he said a matter of factly.

"You are out of your mind. Pokemon get better through Discipline and practice. Do you even know what discipline means?" Elizabeth asked.

"Discipline is discipline," Ventus said.

"...If you looked up Discipline in a dictionary and found 'Discipline is discipline', would you be happy?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well-" Ventus began.

"Okay, enough bickering; you two haven't proved anything. Why don't you two have a pokemon battle? Then we'll see who's right," Arch said.

"Me? I'm a B-class Knight. While my friend over here is a D-class for all his talk," she said.

"Ranks don't mean anything, and I'll prove that!" Ventus said right as the bell rung.

All three of them had met in the courtyard. Ventus threw one of his pokeballs and in a flash Lucario emerged from the ball. Elizabeth seemed to be as confident as ever and showed it with a smirk while she threw out her pokeball. The pokeball fell to the ground and snapped open releasing a Blaziken.

The two pokemon stared at each other, Blaziken's fiery glare met Lucario's steely stare. "Swords Dance!" Elizabeth yelled as her Blaziken's claws glowed purple and grew longer.

"Lucario, Stop the Dance with ExtremeSpeed!" Ventus yelled and Lucario had became encased with a white aura and seemed to be a blur. In a second, he had reached Blaziken and threw it back with a punch. A Direct Hit. Blaziken got back up and glared at its opponent again, waiting for its commands.

"Blaziken, use Flare Blitz!" Elizabeth commanded and Blaziken was cloaked in fire and charged at the opponent.

"Lucario, Use ExtremeSpeed again!" Ventus said with a confident smile as Lucario charged at Blaziken with unfailing speed once more. Lucario extended his arms and pushed Blaziken back with all its force and stopped the Flare Blitz. Lucario and Blaziken were both damaged.

"Risky move there, Ventus." Elizabeth commented. "Now, lets try that again Blaziken!" Elizabeth smiled and rallied Blaziken up as it began wrapping itself in fire yet again.

"Lucario, use Me First!" Ventus yelled and Lucario wrapped itself in flames and shot through the air like a missile toward Blaziken. Blaziken and Lucario met in a clash of fire that exploded and left the two both knocked out.

"Reckless," Elizabeth said as she returned Blaziken to its pokeball.

"Reckless? That should've been an easy win for you, but your pokemon ended up getting wrecked," Ventus chuckled at his pun as he put Lucario back in his pokeball.

Elizabeth sighed and threw out her Gardevoir as Ventus threw out his Pikachu.

"Okay, Pikachu. We got this in the bag," Ventus said.

"No, you don't. Your reckless strategy may have gotten you a tie, but it won't get you a win. Not today!" Elizabeth said.

"Pikachu, use Thunder!" Ventus commanded and Pikachu was surrounded by lightning and an electric bolt came out of the sky and hit six inches away from Gardevoir. Ventus was shocked to see his attack had missed.

"Pikachu, use thunder till it hits!" Ventus commanded yet again. Elizabeth had yawned as Pikachu used Thunder nine times and each time had missed.

"My Gardevoir is simply ecstatic that you had tried so hard to shock her. Now, she wants to return the favor." Elizabeth said.

"Normally, I'd enjoy that pun, but Pikachu! You have to strike Gardevoir quick with Thunderbolt!" Ventus yelled.

Gardevoir had already used Psychic on Pikachu and a light blue aura had surrounded him. Pikachu was lifted up and thrown to the wall of the courtyard and fell to the ground. "And that should be the end, folks," Elizabeth said happily.

Ventus stared at his Pikachu as it started to twitch its ears. "Pikachu! You have to get up. We can win this." Ventus encouraged. Pikachu slowly got up and static began to emerge from its cheek pouches.

"You don't know when to call it quits," Elizabeth said.

Pikachu started to charge up an enormous amount of electricity and enveloped itself in it. It started to run faster and faster toward Gardevoir.

"Gardevoir, Use Psychic!" Elizabeth commanded.

Gardevoir's eyes glowed blue and Pikachu was temporarily stopped by Psychic, but it kept running still, fighting against the force that attempted to control its body. "Now, Pikachu! Use Volt Tackle!" Ventus commanded.

Pikachu slammed into Gardevoir with volt tackle and fainted it before fainting itself from the recoil. "Gardevoir fainted first, so the battle goes to Ventus." Arch said raising a flag toward Ventus' direction.

Ventus returned his hurt Pikachu to its pokeball. "Well, there you have it. My pokemon won and I didn't have some fancy ranking." he said.

"I do admit, that pikachu of yours surprised me. I thought it would had fainted given its defenses, but you must have had some sort of endurance training with it." Elizabeth said as she offered her hand to shake.

"We did train, but that power that he just showed you, that was all friendship. He was able to do it because of our bond." Ventus said as he shook her hand.

Arch pondered to himself; he didn't know which side he was on. "Could friendship really determine the winner of a battle?" he murmured to himself.

The bell had rung once again and they all went back inside of the castle.

Everyone had reported to the main entrance to the castle. On the right and left sides were new tables, and in the front was a podium that the Knight Leader was behind. He took up his microphone and started talking.

"Today is selection day, ladies and gentleman. You will have one more pokemon added to your team for protection. Team Gale has liberated and trained these pokemon to best fit the Pokemon Knights. These pokemon have three battle styles: Sword, Shield, or Dagger. We will be giving out these pokemon by raffle; in the black envelopes you choose will be the detail cards for your pokemon," the leader stated.

"This is exciting! A new pokemon to be friends with. I wonder which one I'll get," Ventus said happily.

"Just use a safe battle style with this one, will ya? I don't want to hear about you getting hurt because of your reckless battling," Elizabeth said.

"Tsk tsk. That reckless battling won me the game against a B-class Knight, now didn't it?" Ventus said with a slight chuckle.

"But you can't rely on it!" she said.

The crowd had all stepped up to the table and began grabbing the envelopes from the giant pile. Soon it was Ventus and Elizabeth's turn. "I wish you the best," Ventus said as he let her go first.

Elizabeth seemed to only be interested in the very top of the pile, her hand went right hovering over one envelope, but then moved left and got the envelope beside it. Ventus picked the envelope she was originally going to get.

"I wonder what this is," Ventus said as he opened the envelope to find a charcoal black dragon with red wings pictured on the card. He stared at it for a while until Elizabeth and Arch approached him.

"What pokemon did you guys get?" Ventus asked.

"Steelix. Shield. Best suited for defensive strategies. Caliber five." Arch read off his card.

"Impressive, what about you Elizabeth?" Ventus asked.

"Cloyster. Shield. Best suited for defensive strategies. Caliber seven." she read off her card.

"What about you? Did you finally get a defense pokemon?" Arch asked.

"I doubt it. Ventus literally has adopted only Swords into his party. If he got a defensive pokemon I think he'd be in protest." Elizabeth said.

Ventus took his card and read it off to them. "Charizard. Sword. Best suited for Special Attack. Caliber six." Ventus said. "So, I get another attack pokemon," he said.

"Really, you should go see the advisor and ask to trade it in with a defensive pokemon. It just seems a shame for you to not have a shield in your group." Elizabeth said.

"Don't you get it? Ventus bases his team off the wind. Being swift and strong. The wind is never defensive. I bet Ventus here thinks offensive strategy is the best defensive strategy. Am I right?" Arch asked.

"I actually was hoping for a defensive pokemon this time. But I don't know, I haven't even battled with this pokemon. I should at least try it out, I'll wait until the pokemon are delivered and I see it first hand."

The leader had began to speak into the microphone once again. "Now, Ladies and Gentleman, write your name on the card and turn it in. We'll be giving your pokemon to you sometime during the week."

Ventus went to the signing table and wrote his name on the card, put it back in the envelope and handed it in. Elizabeth and Arch had followed behind him and wrote their names on their detail cards as well and turned it in.

"I think I'll be retiring for the day. I really need some sleep." he said.

"Okay, have a nice night, Ventus." Arch said.

"Truly. Sleep well so you can train tomorrow. I want you to be as powerful as you can be for our rematch. It'll be all the more satisfying to beat you at your best." Elizabeth said confidently, Ventus had always admired her confidence and now looked forward to their rematch.

Ventus, Arch, and Elizabeth said their goodbyes as they returned to their rooms in the castle. A third pokemon added to the team could heavily change how they would battle, and they all felt uneasy about it; Ventus, the most because he had began to question his entire battle style. They all would have to wait and see what fate has in store.

As the journey continues...

RE: Knighted.

I love the story and twist you gave to it. I want to read more! But I'm curious now, since Team Gale are the "bad" guys, are all the knights also on their side? Since they get their Pokémon.. I guess I'll have to wait and read it for myself! :p

Good job writing this! I mentioned it before too, but I really love your writing style. I could follow it perfectly and you gave the right descriptions. I'm not a professional, but as an amateur reader I'm loving it!

Chapter 2: Knightingale

Ventus woke up and jumped out of the bed; he always jumped because he thought the bed's comfort would hold him captive if he didn't. He reached for the pokeballs that lay on the dresser and knocked them down to the ground releasing the pokemon. "Good morning, guys!" Ventus said enthusiastically.

Lucario and Pikachu seemed just as ready to start the day as Ventus. Ventus walked over to his dresser and rummaged a little; he had packed so many things into his dresser and it would be troublesome to open it sometimes. "Aha!" Ventus said as he pulled out a necklace with a purple orb and put it around Lucario's neck. Pikachu tried talking to Lucario, assuring him that it looked cool.

"It's not just a fashion statement. It's called a Life Orb, the guy who sold it to me promised it would boost your attack in battle." Ventus said.

Lucario fondled the orb, he was still deciding if he liked it or not. Immediately the flat screen T.V in the room automatically turned on to the knightly-news channel. Ventus thought about getting the remote and turning it off; he never bothered himself to watch the news and he wondered why he would start now. However, he knew he would have to endure scolding from his peers for not watching it. He decided to watch it if for nothing more than to get his friends off his back about it.

"Hello, fellow knight-in-training. Today, we'll have a new knight joining us! His name is Leonardo Storm. He comes from the Gale Knights and has decided that observing us Pokemon Knights will help him better lead Team Gale. We expect our knights of all classes to show him great respect. He is starting off as a A-class knight," The news reporter said.

"An A-class Knight right off the bat, huh?" Ventus said.

Ventus turned off the T.V and put his pokemon back in their pokeballs. "Might as well get this day started," Ventus said.

Ventus ran to his classroom, as he grew near to his class he started slowing his pace, using light footsteps moving like the wind. Finally, he inches away from the door of his classroom, but standing in front of the door was the teacher and a new kid. He was blonde and wore a black formal schoolboy outfit. Ventus came to an immediate stop as he arrived at the doorway, it was a clumsy stop but he managed to not plow into the teacher and the new kid.

The new kid had stopped talking to the teacher to greet Ventus. "Oh, hello, are we in your way?" he asked stepping away from the door.

"Thanks, you must be new. I'm Ventus Skywind," he said. He had always prided himself on his name and loved telling others it.

"I'm Leonardo Storm," he announced and Ventus immediately thought that he looked of royalty, having some prestige; it was perfect to guess that he would be the heir of Team Gale.

"

Ventus woke up and jumped out of the bed; he always jumped because he thought the bed's comfort would hold him captive if he didn't. He reached for the pokeballs that lay on the dresser and knocked them down to the floor releasing the pokemon. "Good morning, guys!" Ventus said enthusiastically.

Lucario and Pikachu seemed just as ready to start the day as Ventus. Ventus walked over to his dresser and rummaged a little; he had packed so many things into his dresser and it would be troublesome to open sometimes. "Aha!" Ventus said as he pulled out a necklace with a purple orb and put it around Lucario's neck. Pikachu tried talking to Lucario, assuring him that it looked cool.

"It's not just a fashion statement. It's called a Life Orb, the guy who sold it to me promised it would boost your attack in battle," Ventus said.

Lucario fondled the orb, he was still deciding if he liked it or not. Immediately the flat screen T.V in the room automatically turned on to the knightly-news channel. Ventus thought about getting the remote and turning it off; he never bothered himself to watch the news and he wondered why he would start now. However, he knew he would have to endure scolding from his peers for not watching it. He decided to watch it if for nothing more than to get his friends off his back about it.

"Hello, fellow knight-in-training. Today, we'll have a new knight joining us! His name is Leonardo Storm. He comes from the Gale Knights and has decided that observing us Pokemon Knights will help him better lead Team Gale. We expect our knights of all classes to show him great respect. He is starting off as a A-class knight," The news reporter said.

Ventus turned off the T.V and put his pokemon back in their pokeballs. "Might as well get this day started," Ventus said.

Ventus ran to his classroom, as he neared his class he started slowing his pace, using light footsteps; trying to move like the wind. Finally, he was inches away from the door of his classroom, but standing in front of the door was the teacher and a new kid. He was blonde and wore a black formal schoolboy outfit. Ventus came to an immediate stop as he arrived at the doorway, it was a clumsy stop but he managed to not plow into the teacher and the new kid.

The new kid had stopped talking to the teacher to greet Ventus. "Oh, hello, are we in your way?" he asked stepping away from the door.

"Thanks, you must be new. I'm Ventus Skywind," he said. He had always prided himself on his name and loved telling others it.

"I'm Leonardo Storm," he announced and Ventus immediately thought that he looked of royalty, having some prestige; it was a perfect guess that he would be the heir of Team Gale he thought.

The bell rung and both of them reported to their classes, Leonardo had went to the class next-door. Ventus wondered what he was talking about with the teacher but dismissed it when the class had started.

"Now, class. After you get your pokemon we'll be seeing each other less and less, so you must pay attention. I will be giving you a test at the end of our discussion," she said.

Ventus raced through the test, he thought the questions were easy, "What does an Antidote heal?" or "What is super effective against a ghost type?" he had been in the class long enough to know all of the answers to these questions. Finally, his test was finished as was the majority of the class. After a few minutes the teacher collected the papers and put them on her desk to grade.

"You may talk amongst yourselves, but talk quietly," she said.

Elizabeth turned around to talk to Ventus, "So, did you hear about the new Knight?" she asked.

"Yeah, I watched the news, I even met him," Ventus said.

"I've heard rumors that his Gale Knights have Legendary Pokemon stationed all around the Kaito region. They'd have to pretty strong and determined to catch those Legendaries," Arch said.

"But, haven't the Gale Knights been around for a long time? They would had to have caught some of those pokemon without pokeballs," Elizabeth said.

"That's probably false, the pokeball was in designing stages, so they probably were given pokeballs by the scientists of that time and caught them. What are they gonna do, bound the Legendary pokemon in chains?" Arch asked.

"I don't know," Elizabeth said. "It just seems the pokemon scientists would have spoken up about this, and we would know for sure by now," she continued.

"No one would be that cruel to chain Pokemon like that," Ventus said.

Ventus woke up and jumped out of bed; he always jumped because he thought the bed's comfort would hold him captive if he didn't. He reached for the pokeballs that lay on the dresser and knocked them down to the floor releasing the pokemon. "Good morning, guys!" Ventus said enthusiastically.

Lucario and Pikachu seemed just as ready to start the day as Ventus. Ventus walked over to his dresser and rummaged a little; he had packed so many things into his dresser and it would be troublesome to open sometimes. "Aha!" Ventus said as he pulled out a necklace with a purple orb and put it around Lucario's neck. Pikachu tried talking to Lucario, assuring him that it looked cool.

"It's not just a fashion statement. It's called a Life Orb, the guy who sold it to me promised it would boost your attack in battle," Ventus said.

"Hello, fellow knight. Today, we'll be welcoming a new knight to our sector! His name is Leonardo Storm. He comes from the Gale Knights and has decided that observing us Pokemon Knights will help him better lead Team Gale. We expect our knights of all classes to show him great respect. He is starting off as a A-class knight," The news reporter said.

Ventus ran to his classroom, as he neared his class he started slowing his pace, using light footsteps; trying to move like the wind. Finally, he was just a few feet away from the door of his classroom, but standing in front of the door was the teacher and a new kid. He was blonde and wore a black formal schoolboy outfit. Ventus came to an immediate stop as he arrived at the doorway, it was a clumsy stop but he managed to not plow into the teacher and the student.

"I'm Leonardo Storm," he announced and Ventus immediately thought that he looked of royalty, having some prestige; he thought it was a perfect guess that he would be the heir of Team Gale.

The bell rung and both of them reported to their classes, Leonardo had went to the class next-door. Ventus wondered what he was talking about with the teacher but dismissed it when the class had started.

"Now, class. After you get your pokemon we'll be seeing each other less and less, so you must pay attention. I will be giving you a test at the end of our discussion," she said.

Ventus raced through the test, he thought the questions were easy, "What does an Antidote heal?" or "What is super effective against a ghost type?" he had been in the class long enough to know all of the answers to these questions. Finally, his test was finished as was the majority of the class. After a few minutes the teacher collected the papers and put them on her desk to grade.

Elizabeth turned around to talk to Ventus, "So, did you hear about the new Knight?" she asked.

"I've heard rumors that his Gale Knights have Legendary Pokemon stationed all around the Kaito region. They'd have to pretty strong and determined to catch those Legendaries," Arch said.

"But, haven't the Gale Knights been around for a long time? They would had to have caught some of those pokemon without pokeballs," Elizabeth said.

"That's probably false, the pokeball was in designing stages, so they probably were given pokeballs by the scientists of that time and caught them. What are they gonna do, bound Legendary pokemon in chains?" Arch asked.

"I don't know," Elizabeth said. "It just seems the pokemon scientists would have spoken up about this, and we would know for sure by now," she continued.

"I don't think they would be cruel enough to chain Pokemon like that," Ventus said.

"You've met the new knight, what is he like?" Elizabeth asked.

"Um, he just seemed really formal, befitting a heir of the knights, that's all I know. I didn't really get to talk to him," Ventus said.

"Team Gale is the only good team I know of, and they also govern the region too. It seems like a whole lot of stuff for just a teenager to handle," Arch said.

"Oh, I heard that Team Gale has respected Knights that govern him. I'm not really sure how much power that kid has though, he may not be all that influential," Elizabeth said.

"I've heard that he liberated pokemon from a habitat just yesterday. There was some sort of rebellion issue, so they had it closed down and the pokemon that were being taken care of are now being shipped here, courtesy of Team Gale's Leonardo Storm. He has to be influential to shut down a habitat," Arch said.

"Its nice that the pokemon won't be abandoned. But I would still like to hear more about why the rebellion happened. Why would they have to rebel against Team Gale?" Ventus asked.

"You'll meet rebels everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it just because they didn't like Team Gale's influence over the region," Elizabeth said.

The bell rung signaling lunch and put their conversation to a halt. They all began walking to the cafeteria each still thinking about the rumors that they had heard.

Ventus had gotten his lunch,

Ventus woke up and jumped out of bed; he always jumped because he thought the bed's comfort would hold him captive if he didn't. He reached for the pokeballs that lay on the dresser and knocked them down to the floor releasing the pokemon. "Good morning, guys!" Ventus said enthusiastically.

"Hello, fellow knight. Today, we'll be welcoming a new knight to our sector! His name is Leonardo Storm. He comes from the Gale Knights and has decided that observing us Pokemon Knights will help him better lead Team Gale. We expect our knights of all classes to show him great respect. He is starting off as a A-class knight," The news reporter said.

Ventus ran to his classroom, as he neared his class he started slowing his pace, using light footsteps; trying to move like the wind. Finally, he was just a few feet away from the door of his classroom, but standing in front of the door was the teacher and a new kid. He was blonde and wore a black formal schoolboy outfit. Ventus came to an immediate stop as he arrived at the doorway, it was a clumsy stop but he managed to not plow into the teacher and the student.

"I'm Leonardo Storm," he announced and Ventus immediately thought that he looked of royalty, having some prestige; he thought it was a perfect guess that he would be the heir of Team Gale.

"That's probably false, the pokeball was in designing stages, so they probably were given pokeballs by the scientists of that time and caught them. What are they gonna do, bound Legendary pokemon in chains?" Arch asked.

"I don't think they would be cruel enough to chain Pokemon like that," Ventus said.

"Um, he just seemed really formal, befitting a heir of the knights, that's all I know. I didn't really get to talk to him," Ventus said.

"Team Gale is the only good team I know of, and they also govern the region too. It seems like a whole lot of stuff for just a teenager to handle," Arch said.

"Oh, I heard that Team Gale has respected Knights that govern him. I'm not really sure how much power that kid has though, he may not be all that influential," Elizabeth said.

"I've heard that he liberated pokemon from a habitat just yesterday. There was some sort of rebellion issue, so they had it closed down and the pokemon that were being taken care of are being shipped here, courtesy of Team Gale's Leonardo Storm. He has to be influential to shut down a habitat," Arch said.

"Its nice that the pokemon won't be abandoned. But I would still like to hear more about why the rebellion happened. Why would they have to rebel against Team Gale?" Ventus asked.

"You'll meet rebels everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it just because they didn't like Team Gale's influence over the region," Elizabeth said.

The bell rung signaling lunch and put their conversation to a halt. They all began walking to the cafeteria each still thinking about the rumors that they had heard.

Ventus purchased his lunch which consisted of lava cookies, a scrambled egg, and moomoo milk. As soon as Ventus was about to pick up one of the lava cookies he noticed Leonardo once again. Leonardo was walking outside presumably to eat his lunch out there. Ventus picked up his tray and decided to go out there with him, he had a prime chance to talk to this new knight and get the rumors straightened out.

He walked outside and into the courtyard where there was a bench that Leonardo was sitting on with his tray on his lap. Chatot gathered around the ground of the courtyard and began singing a peaceful melody that Leonardo was engrossed in. Ventus stepped forward, "Leonardo?" Ventus said trying to get his attention. Leonardo looked at the birds still before he looked at Ventus. "Oh, hello Ventus." he said with a smile.

"Mind if I join you for lunch?" Ventus asked.

"Sure, I wasn't sure if I'd get someone to eat my lunch with, what with me being new and all." Leonardo said.

Ventus sat down on the bench and put his tray on his lap. "So, do you like these birds?" Ventus asked as he looked at the chatot singing and took a bite of one of his lava cookies.

"Yes, I love them. Chatot has always been one of my favorite pokemon, it captures a melody and then remixes it into its own symphony. Truly a delight to hear, but it has a few mistakes," Leonardo said.

"Mistakes?" Ventus asked.

"If you look hard enough, you'll find mistakes and imperfections in anything. The world is littered with them, and it can never become perfect." Leonardo said. He paused.

"What is your definition of a perfect world, as if it could exist?" Leonardo asked.

"Well, I don't know about your definition of perfect, but my definition is everyone joined together; living as friends. Friendship is important, connections with our friends become a part of us and shape us into who we are." Ventus said.

"Friendship is one of the good things in life. But, good things corrupt, die, and wither. That is their destiny, and human and pokemon alike must realize that and not become so attached to these good things; for all their past happiness will reap pain and even more sadness when the good things depart," Leonardo said. Ventus stopped as he pondered what Leonardo was saying.

"Those who cling to their friendships will be even more devastated when their friendships are broken, which is inevitable with time. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Leonardo asked.

"That's incredibly dark," Ventus said. "Even if we're apart, we're still together. I have the memories. I've bonded with them and them with me, and that transcends time and fate. I won't forget them, they have a place in my heart, and those memories will empower me through obstacles, any obstacle I may face!" Ventus said confidently.

"I like your passion for your friends. I, too, was raised to see the good of the world. But I also studied the bad. I'm afraid passion and emotions have little place in reality; it's logic, you, and the rest of the world, feelings, subjective as they are, are a small part of the equation," Leonardo said.

Ventus stared at him, "But isn't--" the bell had rung and Ventus stopped right in his tracks as Leonardo stood up and began walking to class. "I hope we can speak again someday," Leonardo said as he walked away. Ventus had so much he wanted to say; he hadn't even cleared up any of the rumors. He sighed and looked around him and continued to think about what he said on his walk to class.

"And that's what he said," Ventus said, he had finished explaining his talk with Leonardo to Arch and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth and Arch nodded simultaneously, to which Ventus was confused. "You guys are actually nodding like you know what he's talking about..." Ventus said.

"Feelings are imperfect, Ventus. How you feel about something doesn't change a thing, it's just subjective. Your opinions or thoughts don't really matter in the grand scheme of things," Elizabeth said.

"Everyone's feelings matter. That's why we have laws and we help other people, because we care about their feelings, not just so we can call it doing 'justice' and feel good about ourselves," Ventus said.

"But our laws and the way we help people does differ in other places," Arch said. "So, there is not one true way of helping people, but a myriad of different paths for different people, why? Because it's all subjective on what is helpful and what is not," Arch said.

"No matter how you help them, the key point is they need to be helped and you are trying your best to help them. That's universal. The Pokemon Knights aren't here to simply say we 'helped' because we followed laws or the way other people have helped, we are here to make a difference. This subjective talk is really bugging me," Ventus said.

"Growlithe, come on!" A young squire said to his pokemon as they arrived in the class. The class's attention shifted to the young squire and his growlithe. The growlithe had looked afraid and sad, as if he was intimidated by the place. Ventus got up from his seat and walked over to the growlithe and started petting it, trying to assure it everything was okay.

"is this growlithe new?" Ventus asked.

"Yes, I just got him today from the shipment of pokemon," the squire said.

Growlithe seemed a bit happier than he was before but still scared. "Have you tried returning him to his pokeball?" Ventus asked.

"Yes, but he doesn't want to and runs off when I try to return him," he said.

"One person should hold him while you return him to the pokeball," Someone from the class shouted out. The squire looked at Ventus suggesting that he hold him. Ventus sighed and picked up Growlithe.

"Okay, Growlithe, return!" The squire said and immediately Growlithe was returned inside of its pokeball.

"Thank you," The squire said. The squire turned to the teacher, "I'm John, and I'll be attending your class next week. I was told to come here

"It's not just a fashion statement. It's called a Life Orb. The guy who sold it to me promised it would boost your attack in battle," Ventus said.

"That's probably false, the pokeball was in designing stages, so they most likely were given pokeballs by the scientists of that time and caught them. What are they gonna do, bound Legendary pokemon in chains?" Arch asked.

"I've heard that he liberated pokemon from a habitat just yesterday. There was some sort of rebellion issue, so they had it closed down and the pokemon that were being taken care of are being shipped here, courtesy of Team Gale's Leonardo Storm. He has to be influential to shut down a habitat," Arch said.

Ventus purchased his lunch which consisted of lava cookies, a scrambled egg, and moomoo milk. As soon as Ventus was about to pick up one of the lava cookies he noticed Leonardo once again. Leonardo was walking outside presumably to eat his lunch out there. Ventus picked up his tray and decided to go out there with him, he had a prime chance to talk to this new knight and get the rumors straightened out.

He walked outside and into the courtyard where there was Leonardo feeding his cookies to chatot pokemon. "Leonardo?" Ventus said trying to get his attention. Leonardo was utterly surprised by Ventus's presence. "Oh, hello Ventus." he said.

"Sure, the more the merrier, right Chatot?" Leonardo said happily as he focused back on the chatot. The chatot began singing a tune to illustrate their happiness. They were all in sync with one another, and their voices hit a pitch just below high; Leonardo loved their song.

"Marvelous!" Leonardo commented on their music and hummed along.

Ventus sat down on the bench and put his tray on his lap. "So, you like these birds?" Ventus asked as he looked at the chatot singing and took a bite of one of his lava cookies.

"Yes, I love them. Chatot has always been one of my favorite pokemon, it captures a melody and then changes it into its own symphony. It's truly a unique pokemon. A part of me expects you already know these pokemon, what with them soaring the skies and all," Leonardo said.

"I knew of them, but I didn't think much of them," Ventus said.

"You'll never get a good idea of them unless you get to know them. Chatot has inspired many works of literature, poetry, and songs. The things it inspired is all around you," Leonardo said.

Ventus thought about what he said. It was true that he didn't get to know Chatot, but he also didn't get to know Leonardo. He began to question his preconceptions of him, but Leonardo still seemed noble in his mind.

"In a perfect world, I'd be able to sing along with it," Leonardo said.

"You can always try singing, no matter how out of practice you are," Ventus said.

"The path of singing is not the path I walk, my road has been set before me... Not by fate, not by destiny, but because I am a part the solution to what this world needs," Leonardo said.

"The solution?" Ventus asked.

"It's a calling, I was called to be the protector of this region and to help the world. That's why I exist, I'm certain of it. Don't you hear your calling?" Leonardo asked.

"A calling...hm...I never really thought about it. But I guess, it would be for my friends. Yes, that's right, I'm here for my friends; friendship is important, connections with our friends become a part of us and shape us into who we are." Ventus said.

"Friendship is one of the good things in life. But, good things corrupt, die, and wither. That is inevitable, and human and pokemon alike must realize that and not become so attached to these good things; for all their past happiness will reap pain and even more sadness when these good things depart," Leonardo said. Ventus stopped as he pondered what Leonardo was saying.

"Those who cling to their friendships will be even more devastated when their friendships are broken, which happens with time. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Leonardo asked.

"That's incredibly dark," Ventus said. "Even if we're apart, we're still together. I have the memories. I've bonded with them and them with me, and that transcends time and tragedies. I won't forget them, they have a place in my heart, and those memories will empower me through obstacles, any obstacle I may face!" Ventus said confidently.

"I like your passion for your friends. Perhaps someday I'll be able to truly see the extent of passion you have for them. But, keep this in mind, emotions and feelings rarely play a part in the world.

Ventus stared at him, "But isn't--" the bell had rung and Ventus stopped right in his tracks as Leonardo stood up and began walking to class. "I hope we can speak again someday," Leonardo said as he walked away. Ventus had so much he wanted to say; he hadn't even cleared up any of the rumors. He sighed and looked around him and continued to think about what he said on his walk to class.

"And that's what he said," Ventus said, he had finished explaining his talk with Leonardo to Arch and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth and Arch nodded simultaneously, to which Ventus was confused. "You guys are actually nodding like you know what he's talking about..." Ventus said.

"Feelings are imperfect, Ventus. How you feel about something doesn't change a thing, it's just subjective. Your opinions or thoughts don't really matter in the grand scheme of things," Elizabeth said.

"Everyone's feelings matter. That's why we have laws and we help other people, because we care about their feelings, not just so we can call it doing 'justice' and feel good about ourselves," Ventus said.

"But our laws and the way we help people does differ in other places," Arch said. "So, there is not one true way of helping people, but a myriad of different paths for different people, why? Because it's all subjective on what is helpful and what is not," Arch said.

"No matter how you help them, the key point is they need to be helped and you are trying your best to help them. That's universal. The Pokemon Knights aren't here to simply say we 'helped' because we followed laws or the way other people have helped, we are here to make a difference. This subjective talk is really bugging me," Ventus said.

"Growlithe, come on!" A young squire said to his pokemon as they arrived in the class. The class's attention shifted to the young squire and his growlithe. The growlithe had looked afraid and sad, as if he was intimidated by the place. Ventus got up from his seat and walked over to the growlithe and started petting it, trying to assure it everything was okay.

"is this growlithe new?" Ventus asked.

Growlithe seemed a bit happier than he was before but still scared. "Have you tried returning him to his pokeball?" Ventus asked.

"One person should hold him while you return him to the pokeball," Someone from the class shouted out. The squire looked at Ventus suggesting that he hold him. Ventus sighed and picked up Growlithe.

"Okay, Growlithe, return!" The squire said and immediately Growlithe was returned inside of its pokeball.

"Thank you," The squire said. The squire turned to the teacher, "I'm John, and I'll be attending your class next week. I was told to come here

"It's not just a fashion statement. It's called a Life Orb. The guy who sold it to me promised it would boost your attack in battle," Ventus said.

"That's probably false, the pokeball was in designing stages, so they most likely were given pokeballs by the scientists of that time and caught them. What are they gonna do, bound Legendary pokemon in chains?" Arch asked.

He walked outside and into the courtyard where there was Leonardo feeding his cookies to chatot pokemon. "Leonardo?" Ventus said trying to get his attention. Leonardo was utterly surprised by Ventus's presence. "Oh, hello Ventus." he said.

"Sure, the more the merrier, right Chatot?" Leonardo said happily as he focused back on the chatot. The chatot began singing a tune to illustrate their happiness. They were all in sync with one another, and their voices hit a pitch just below high; Leonardo loved their song.

Ventus sat down on the bench and put his tray on his lap. "So, you like these birds?" Ventus asked as he looked at the chatot singing and took a bite out of one of his lava cookies.

"Yes, I love them. Chatot has always been one of my favorite pokemon, it captures a melody and then changes it into its own symphony. It's truly a unique pokemon. A part of me expects you already know these pokemon, what with them soaring the skies and all," Leonardo said.

"You'll never get a good idea of them unless you get to know them. Chatot has inspired many works of literature, poetry, and songs. The things it inspired is all around you," Leonardo said.

Ventus thought about what he said. It was true that he didn't get to know Chatot, but he also didn't get to know Leonardo. He began to question his preconceptions of him, but Leonardo still seemed noble in his mind.

"You can always try singing, no matter how out of practice you are," Ventus said.

"The path of singing is not the path I walk, my road has been set before me... Not by fate, not by destiny, but because I am a part the solution to what this world needs," Leonardo said.

"It's a calling, I was called to be the protector of this region and to help the world. That's why I exist, I'm certain of it. Don't you hear your calling?" Leonardo asked.

"A calling...hm...I never really thought about it. But I guess, it would be for my friends. Yes, that's right, I'm here for my friends; friendship is important, connections with our friends become a part of us and shape us into who we are." Ventus said.

"Friendship is one of the good things in life. But, good things corrupt, die, and wither. That is inevitable, and human and pokemon alike must realize that and not become so attached to these good things; for all their past happiness will reap pain and even more sadness when these good things depart," Leonardo said. Ventus stopped as he pondered what Leonardo was saying.

"Those who cling to their friendships will be even more devastated when their friendships are broken, which happens with time. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Leonardo asked, the chatot stopped singing and also listened to the conversation.

"We have to realize that if we are to stop it. The world has to wake up and realize these issues, or otherwise we'll fade into stagnation," Leonardo continued.

"Even if we're apart, we're still together. I have the memories. I've bonded with them and them with me, and that transcends time and tragedies. I won't forget them, they have a place in my heart, and those memories will empower me through obstacles, any obstacle I may face!" Ventus said confidently.

"I like your passion for your friends. Perhaps someday I'll be able to truly see the extent of passion you have for your friendships. But, keep this in mind, emotions and feelings are insignificant in the big picture. What only matters is the action being accomplished. See to it that you don't value passion and emotions over actions," Leonardo said.

Ventus stared at him, "But--" the bell had rung and Ventus stopped right in his tracks as Leonardo stood up and began walking to class, the chatot flew away. "I hope we can speak again someday," Leonardo said as he walked away. Ventus had so much he wanted to say; he hadn't even cleared up any of the rumors. He sighed and looked around him and continued to think about what he said on his walk to class.

"No matter how you help them, the key point is they need to be helped and you are trying your best to help them. That's universal. The Pokemon Knights aren't here to say we simply 'helped' because we followed laws or the way other people have helped, we are here to make a difference. This subjective talk is really bugging me," Ventus said.

"Growlithe, come on!" A young squire said to his pokemon as they arrived in the class. The class's attention shifted to the young squire and his growlithe. The growlithe had looked afraid and sad, as if he was intimidated by the place. The class observed in silence as the squire attempted to get the growlithe to walk to the teacher.

Ventus got up from his seat and walked over to the growlithe and started petting it, trying to assure it everything was okay. "Is this growlithe new?" Ventus asked.

Ventus looked at the Growlithe, it still had a collar on it. "Weird?" Ventus said to himself as he looked at it as the collar coin. "Member of Pokemon Habitat in Shaori," Ventus read off the collar. He noticed the other side of the coin, it had a sticker with writing on it. "Saith's Friend," Ventus read aloud. Growlithe became excited upon hearing the name and looked around the classroom expecting to see someone.

"Okay, Growlithe, return!" The squire said and immediately Growlithe was returned inside of its pokeball. "Thanks for distracting it," The squire said.

The squire turned to the teacher, "I'm John, and I'll be attending your class next week. I was told to come here and introduce myself," he said.

Ventus wondered who Saith was but just let the thought pass as he and his friends debated on the significance of emotions and feelings the rest of the class.

This was long overdue. Here it is, folks! Chapter 2!

Lucario fondled the orb, he was still deciding if he liked it or not. Immediately the flat screen TV in the room automatically turned on to the knightly-news channel. Ventus thought about getting the remote and turning it off; he never bothered himself to watch the news and he wondered why he would start now. However, he knew he would have to endure scolding from his peers for not watching it. He decided to watch it if for nothing more than to get his friends off his back about it.

"I've heard rumors that his Gale Knights have Legendary Pokemon stationed all around the Kaito region. They'd have to be pretty strong and determined to catch those Legendaries," Arch said.

"It's nice that the pokemon won't be abandoned, but I would still like to hear more about why the rebellion happened. Why would they have to rebel against Team Gale?" Ventus asked.

The bell rung signaling lunch and put their conversation to a halt. They all began walking to the cafeteria; each still thinking about the rumors that they had heard.

He walked outside and into the courtyard where there was Leonardo feeding his cookies to chatot pokemon. "Leonardo?" Ventus said trying to get his attention. Leonardo was utterly surprised by Ventus' presence. "Oh, hello Ventus." he said.

Ventus sat down on the bench and put his tray on his lap. "So, you like these birds?" Ventus asked as he looked at the chatot singing and took a bite out of one of his lava cookies.

"Those who cling to their friendships will be even more devastated when their friendships are broken, which happens with time. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Leonardo asked, the chatot stopped singing and also listened to the conversation.

"We have to realize that if we are to stop it. The world has to wake up and realize these issues, or otherwise we'll fade into stagnation," Leonardo continued.

"Even if we're apart, we're still together. I have the memories. I've bonded with them and them with me, and that transcends time and tragedies. I won't forget them, they have a place in my heart, and those memories will empower me through obstacles, any obstacle I may face!" Ventus said confidently.

"I like your passion for your friends. Perhaps someday I'll be able to truly see the extent of passion you have for your friendships. But, keep this in mind, emotions and feelings are insignificant in the big picture. What only matters is the action being accomplished. See to it that you don't value passion and emotions over actions," Leonardo said.

Ventus stared at him, "But--" the bell had rung and Ventus stopped right in his tracks as Leonardo stood up and began walking to class, the chatot flew away. "I hope we can speak again someday," Leonardo said as he walked away. Ventus had so much he wanted to say; he hadn't even cleared up any of the rumors. He sighed and looked around him and continued to think about what he said on his walk to class.

"Feelings are imperfect, Ventus. How you feel about something doesn't change a thing, it's just subjective. It's so subjective it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things," Elizabeth said.

"No matter how you help them, the key point is they need to be helped and you are trying your best to help them. That's universal. The Pokemon Knights aren't here to say we simply 'helped' because we followed laws or the way other people have helped, we are here to make a difference. This subjective talk is really bugging me," Ventus said.

"Growlithe, come on!" A young squire said to his pokemon as they arrived in the class. The class's attention shifted to the young squire and his growlithe. The growlithe had looked afraid and sad, as if he was intimidated by the place. The class observed in silence as the squire attempted to get the growlithe to walk to the teacher.

Ventus got up from his seat and walked over to the growlithe and started petting it, trying to assure it everything was okay. "Is this growlithe new?" Ventus asked.

Ventus looked at the Growlithe, it still had a collar on it. "Weird?" Ventus said to himself as he looked at it as the collar coin. "Member of Pokemon Habitat in Shaori," Ventus read off the collar. He noticed the other side of the coin, it had a sticker with writing on it. "Saith's Friend," Ventus read aloud. Growlithe became excited upon hearing the name and looked around the classroom expecting to see someone.

"Okay, Growlithe, return!" The squire said and immediately Growlithe was returned inside of its pokeball. "Thanks for distracting it," The squire said.

The squire turned to the teacher, "I'm John, and I'll be attending your class next week. I was told to come here and introduce myself," he said.

Ventus wondered who that 'Saith' was. Whoever he was, he was missing his friend. After the interruption things steadily returned to being placid, how it always was in their free period.

Ventus called it a night once again, turned off his lights and laid down on his bed. He pointed his head up to the ceiling as if to imagine a peaceful night sky where he would gather all of his thoughts. He thought about everything he had heard, he was perplexed that his friends had thought emotions were so subjective that they didn't even matter, but he got a thrill from meeting a new and famous Pokemon Knight. He began to close his eyes from the darkness of his room and to the darkness of his eyelids. He slowly drifted to sleep.

Great new chapter! After Trump Card we now get to see a whole different side of Leonard. I wonder how Ventus' morals will effect him being a Pokémon Knight. He seems to think different from the heir and even his own friends in Team Gale.

I was surprised to see Growlithe! I didn't know what happened to it after the last chapter of Trump Card. I feel a bit sorry for it being sad. I wonder what will happen to it.

Can't wait for the next chapter! :D

Back