• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kingdra-Machamp Deck (Masters, Any Event) PLEASE CRITIQUE!

DittolvX

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 20
2 - Kingdra Prime
2 - Kingdra LA
2 - Seadra LA
4 - Horsea LA
2 - Machamp SF
1 - Machoke SF
2 - Machop SF
2 - Crobat G
2 - Uxie LA
1 - Azelf

Trainer/Supporters/Stadium: 26
3 - Broken Time Space
3 - Rare Candy
4 - Super Scoop Up
3 - Poketurn
2 - Expert Belt
1 - Luxery Ball
2 - Bebe's Research
3 - Pokemon Communication
2 - Pokemon Collector
2 - Seaker
1 - Black Belt

Energy: 14
7 - Water{W}
5 - Fighting{F}
2 - Double Colorless{C}{C}

I am pretty new to the metagame. Seeing how Kingdra-Machamp decks are pretty successful I thought it would be worth a shot. My biggest fear is that I wont be able to find a water energy easily so I'm debating on swapping a couple interviewer's questions in there. Please tell me what you think of my take and PLEASE give me suggestions, comments, and any advise! Thank you!

Very solid list. If you are having trouble finding the energies, Cyrus' Conspiracy is a good option, since you already run Poke-Turns.
Something like:
-1 Fighting Energy
-1 Black Belt
+2 Cyrus' Conspiracy

Consider another Seadra for this deck, and drop a SSU. Consistency helps, and under Trainer Lock, Rare Candy and SSU, and this is when you need to abuse the power of BTS.

you could try dropping 1 kingdra la for 1 kingdra prime. The reason behind this is that you can use three spray splash a turn. 30 free damage is nice

I agree. One Kingdra LA is enough, and searching for it will be easy. I see many players only use it for end-game finshers.

I think you're sacrificing too much consistency by squeezing the Crobat Gs and Poke Turns in there.

-2 Crobat G
-3 Poke Turn
-2 Double Colorless Energy
-1 Blackbelt
-1 Kingdra LA

+1 Kingdra Prime
+2 Pokemon Collector
+1 Bebe's Search
+1 Unown Q
+1 Uxie
+1 Seeker
+1 Mesprit
+1 Professor Oak's New Theory

No, dont take out Crobat. I've been beaten a couple times just because of it. The bat, combined with seeker and poketurn is a good early-game finisher. Pretty solid list though. It looks nice, and with no Machamp primes, it's a good counter for Dark and SP decks.

Well, you might consider Pluspower instead of Bat beacause they practically do the same thing, with a few exceptions.

^Yeah.....said exceptions being that PlusPower is only applied to the active pokemon, vs. a Bat drop, which you can use to KO pretty much anything with 10 dmg left. Keep Bat, drop a Kingdra LA(I don't even think any are necessary) and add a Kingdra Prime. Spray Splash and Bat drops are an awesome combo.

First I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my deck.

(Replying to everyone in one post here) I definitely want to keep the Crobat Gs and Poketurns for obvious reasons. I guess 4 SSUs might be a little over kill but they have a 50% success rate and I would like to consistently draw them when I have crobat g in my hand and they will come in handy when I need to remove damage from Kingdra & Machamp. Seeing how I could pick Kingdra or Machamp up, Put them back down again fully evolved with BTS out and attaching one energy and do my attack all in one turn just seems like such an advantage. Dropping a single LA Kingdra is probably a good idea so I will role with that. Cyrus's conspiracy sounds like a good idea

NEW deck list:

Pokemon: 20
3 - Kingdra Prime
1 - Kingdra LA
3 - Seadra LA
4 - Horsea LA
2 - Machamp SF
1 - Machoke SF
2 - Machop SF
2 - Crobat G
2 - Uxie LA
1 - Azelf

Trainer/Supporters/Stadium: 27
3 - Broken Time Space
3 - Rare Candy
3 - Super Scoop Up
3 - Poketurn
2 - Expert Belt
1 - Luxery Ball
2 - Bebe's Research
3 - Pokemon Communication
2 - Pokemon Collector
2 - Seaker
2 - Cyrus's Conspiracy

Energy: 13
7 - Water
4 - Fighting
2 - Double Colorless

I'm not sure if sacrificing a fighting energy and Super Scoop Up is a good idea for Cyrus's Conspiracy. Seeing how another Seadra would benefit in the event of a SSU with BTS out seemed pretty logical. Black belt has worked some wonders for me in the past by achieving 1 hit ko's with starters but I guess it isn't really needed when I will be chipping so much with Kingdra Prime and Crobat G.

Back