Discussion Kingdra EX / Lugia / Magnezone

Jimmy315

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Everyone!!

I'm pretty new to deck building and still trying to learn good combinations to put together. After the release of the new set, I'm really excited about Kingdra Ex.

What do you guys think of a Kingdra Ex deck with energy acceleration from Magnezone? Also, I wanted another attacker in there, and I think Lugia Break would do well with energy acceleration, this way the 2 energy discard will be made up by magnezone's ability.

What do you think? Any suggestions on how to make it better? Specific trainers that could go well with it?

Moved from the TCG Help & Advice to the TCG Competitive Play as the OP is looking for suggestions on a competitive archetype that discussion value worthy of the competitive forums. ~bbninjas

Kingdra EX + Magnezone + Energy Pouch (+ Clemont) sounds interesting to me : non-stop 180+ damage forever. Maybe find a secondary attacker (Raikou ?) to force the 7-prize trade.

Kingdra EX + Magnezone + Energy Pouch (+ Clemont) sounds interesting to me : non-stop 180+ damage forever. Maybe find a secondary attacker (Raikou ?) to force the 7-prize trade.

Only because the OP mentions being relatively new, I thought I'd elaborate on this.

The "7-prize trade" that Aeter mentions is as follows:

If 3 EX's are knocked out, being worth two prizes each, all 6 prizes are drawn and the game is over. If you can, in an EX-centric deck, force your opponent to also knock out a non-EX attacker, who is worth only one prize, you are essentially making them "waste" their time & effort in dealing with an attacker they could have otherwise avoided (and still won the game). It puts them on an odd prize count, or forces them to draw 7 prizes to win, instead of 6.

Back