• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kingdra (After rotation)

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
When I play this I try to damage their main attackers then bring out high cost retreat / attackers and keep hitting their benched until I get the K.O. It's worked out pretty well so far and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to what could be improved for when I make this IRL.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155 - Turn 1 brigette or just general lele use
* 3 Horsea BUS 29 - Evolve
* 1 Seadra BUS 30 - Evolve
* 3 Kingdra BUS 31 - Attacker
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32 - Evolve
* 2 Octillery BKT 33 - Draw support

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123 - Energy draw support
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121 - Extra damage
* 1 Skyla BKP 122 - Lele to any trainer (e.g. rare candy)
* 4 Po Town BUS 121 - Deal damage to evolved pokemon so I can use brine
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129 - Evolving
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 - Draw support
* 1 Brigette BKT 134 - 3 Horseas out A.S.A.P
* 3 Guzma BUS 115 - Lysandre replacement
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 - Get the pokemon I need
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163 - Get rid of tools / stadiums
* 2 Lana BUS 117 - Heal damage
* 3 N FAC 105 - Draw support / messing up opponents
* 2 Aqua Patch GRI 119 - Energy to benched kingdra
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103 - Healing
* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92 - Get energy back if I discard all through tornado shot

##Energy - 9

* 5 Water Energy 3
* 4 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Interesting deck. I actually like the new Kingdra card. I think running a 4-2-4 or even a 4-3-4 line would be more consistent, as well as running at least one more Tapu Lele (preferably two more). I don't think you really need Professor's Letter seeing as how Kingdra's attacks only cost one energy. I don't think you really need Aqua Patch either for the same reason. Maybe run a third Energy Retrieval since it is important to get those discarded energies back into your hand. I like the idea of Po Town, you just need to be careful about damaging your own Pokémon. I would add a second Skyla for consistency.

Interesting deck. I actually like the new Kingdra card. I think running a 4-2-4 or even a 4-3-4 line would be more consistent, as well as running at least one more Tapu Lele (preferably two more). I don't think you really need Professor's Letter seeing as how Kingdra's attacks only cost one energy. I don't think you really need Aqua Patch either for the same reason. Maybe run a third Energy Retrieval since it is important to get those discarded energies back into your hand. I like the idea of Po Town, you just need to be careful about damaging your own Pokémon. I would add a second Skyla for consistency.

I'll definitely try this out on TCGO, the only problem is with the Leles, they're quite expensive for my situation xD

Like the Po Town idea! I would suggest another copy or two copies of Lele for the deck to become more consistent, as well as a copy of Skyla to search for any items (Rare Candy). If you are going to use Octillery, try it with Mallow, it functions like Teammates after the rotation.

Like the Po Town idea! I would suggest another copy or two copies of Lele for the deck to become more consistent, as well as a copy of Skyla to search for any items (Rare Candy). If you are going to use Octillery, try it with Mallow, it functions like Teammates after the rotation.

Why does everyone have to suggest more Leles ._. Heavy investments incoming

Why does everyone have to suggest more Leles ._. Heavy investments incoming
You can play more supporters, the good thing about Lele is that it gets you the supporter you need in different occasions. o.o

You can play more supporters, the good thing about Lele is that it gets you the supporter you need in different occasions. o.o
Yeah, it's just quite a heavy investment seeing how the only reason I have one is because I pulled it from an etb and it's kinda passed around all of my irl decks xD

Getting 2-3 Tapu Lele GX is worth the investment if you plan on playing competitively. It is a heavy investment, but I would say that you really only need one more for now. A lot of decks can make 2 work. Regular Tapu Lele GX go for around $40, which if you spend $40 on that instead of buying some packs, it's not too bad. The way I look at it, you could buy 10 packs over the course of a month and MAYBE pull something, or you can just buy a Lele which you'll definitely use in every deck.

Getting 2-3 Tapu Lele GX is worth the investment if you plan on playing competitively. It is a heavy investment, but I would say that you really only need one more for now. A lot of decks can make 2 work. Regular Tapu Lele GX go for around $40, which if you spend $40 on that instead of buying some packs, it's not too bad. The way I look at it, you could buy 10 packs over the course of a month and MAYBE pull something, or you can just buy a Lele which you'll definitely use in every deck.

I see your reasoning. I might just go all out and buy some Leles. Do you have any other suggestions for cards I'll need a lot of in general? Like sycamores and Ns.

I see your reasoning. I might just go all out and buy some Leles. Do you have any other suggestions for cards I'll need a lot of in general? Like sycamores and Ns.

Yeah, I'd definitely get Sycamore and N. If you have any card stores in your area that sell singles, they should only be $1-2 each. You could always order them online too. Extra Supporters are always good so that way you can eventually start building more decks without taking apart your main one! Things like Ultra Ball, Guzma, and other staples that you find in every deck.

I think Tapu Fini GX would be a good card to add

I actually run one in my list. I run Brooklet hill instead of Po Town (I'd recommend 3 hill 2 po town, 4 po town is an overinvestment imo) so it's pretty consistent to get out if it's needed. I usually just use it for the GX move, 1 energy to reset the opponent's active is pretty annoying, I've had some games where I just brooklet into fini, attach an energy, guzma the thing they've invested their resources on and shuffle it back into the deck. The attack is an option but too high of an investment for what it does imo, Kingdra puts the same amount of damage on the field for 1 discard.

Overall you should be using Torpedo Shot more than Brine imo (it's basically impossible to 'lysandre' stall these days) so I don't really like splash energy. Starmie's another option in this deck since it lets you keep attacking indefinitely if you have at least 1 water energy in discard.

Back