Keldeo EX in NXD on?

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
Just wondering what peoples thoughts on Keldeo EX is now that The format is NXD-on do you think it will be necessary to run 2 Keldeo EX? I'm thinking you can cut it down to 1 in a deck.

I used to run 2/2 Keldeo EX/Float stone mostly to counter the prevalent Goth/Accelagor decks. now that Goth is being rotated, do you think the 1 space from the extra Keldeo EX will make a big difference?

RE: Keldo EX in NXD on?

Keldeo/Stone will still be good but Grass will be more prevalent so be careful.

RE: Keldo EX in NXD on?

I'd play Switch myself, because Genesect just takes two free prizes should you put down Keldeo.

I agree with blargh257 because the ability of genesect ex, when you attach a plasma energy from your hand to this pokemon, you may switch your oponents active pokemon with one of the benched pokemon, will be a super easy auto ko on keldeo ex.

Genesect decks might not even run Plasma Energy, or at least not many; since his attack cost {G}{G}{C} and energy attachments are still very important even with Virizion (you still need to get 2 Energy on Virizion for it to accelerate, which is probably the biggest problem with the deck) so running Plasma Energy is a bit risky. The real reason that they might not run Plasma, however; is that Catcher is still in the format. It will run Catcher so Keldeo still is an 2 prizes and without Gothitelle Switch or Float Stone are probably better than Keldeo anyway.

Dark Void said:
Genesect decks might not even run Plasma Energy, or at least not many; since his attack cost {G}{G}{C} and energy attachments are still very important even with Virizion (you still need to get 2 Energy on Virizion for it to accelerate, which is probably the biggest problem with the deck) so running Plasma Energy is a bit risky. The real reason that they might not run Plasma, however; is that Catcher is still in the format. It will run Catcher so Keldeo still is an 2 prizes and without Gothitelle Switch or Float Stone are probably better than Keldeo anyway.

Really? heard about genesect/porygon z/lugia? free catch+free plasma gale every turn, and simple switch on rushers, i mean keldeos are totally fried as attakers, now limited to the tech role of bench cycler (only 1 + float) only to free switch. and Yeah, I already run the frigate on my plasma decks, specially lugia since its pwnt by thundurus on the current meta

[edit] the idea might be to have always the extra plasma on keldeo, (on a porygon z deck) so colress machine it to the ugly duck then to keldeo so its protected, then whenever needed just take it away from him (usually this move will be to take the last KO with lugia)

My Opinion; I would rather play colress machine+Shadow Triad,then play a stage 2 (porygon z) just to move my plasma Energy.Remember,Lugia-EX discards Plasma.

As for your Plasma stacking onto keldeo-EX Idea; I think its really bad if Keldeo-EX gets caught buy a pokemon like Rayqueza-ex that Beefs up on energy.Now you have no Plasma and porygon z is useless. Also;by the time you evolve or rare candy to porygon z,your other cards are on hold until porygon z gets its act together.

Update: Froslass (Stage 1 card No.23 from PLB) Ability : "Cursed Glare" As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't attach any Special Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon.[could be a counter.]

Gusto83 said:
My Opinion; I would rather play colress machine+Shadow Triad,then play a stage 2 (porygon z) just to move my plasma Energy.Remember,Lugia-EX discards Plasma.

As for your Plasma stacking onto keldeo-EX Idea; I think its really bad if Keldeo-EX gets caught buy a pokemon like Rayqueza-ex that Beefs up on energy.Now you have no Plasma and porygon z is useless. Also;by the time you evolve or rare candy to porygon z,your other cards are on hold until porygon z gets its act together.

who fears rayquazas now days? and yes, it will hurt the plasma, but lugia only needs one to strike, and thats how the cycle works (once keldeo floater is with plasma and porygon z/genesect are in play (lugia active)

- Plasma Gale, plasma gone, shadow triad plasma back, plasma from hand to genesect bench to catch, plasma to lugia with porygon to strike. If no plasma returns from discard, take away from keldeo

Keldeo sits there in case of another grass week stuff, so it mooves your benck like pillow feathers... lets see how it plays on august :)

For Genesect-EX's ability, does the Plasma Energy need to be attached from the hand? Or can Colress Machine be used?

Porygon-Z is a terrible, terrible card. Do not use it. It is a stage 2 that most of the time will not benefit you at all and when it does the benefit will very small. Its not worth running just to move wasted Plasma Energy off of Genesect when you can run Catchers and actually useful energy, and you'll save a lot of space with the latter. Lugia isn't very good because it OHKOs almost nothing except for Unevolved Pokemon (aka Squirtle and Wartortle, and that's it). Note that Colress Machine doesn't even trigger Genesect's ability. In addition, the whole reason that I don't think that Genesect/Virizion is great is because you need to use a 2 energy attack for acceleration. Your deck uses Genesect and Lugia with almost no acceleration at all; and the acceleration that is there is colorless only so you have no hope of charging a Genesect in one turn.

Dark Void said:
Porygon-Z is a terrible, terrible card. Do not use it. It is a stage 2 that most of the time will not benefit you at all and when it does the benefit will very small. Its not worth running just to move wasted Plasma Energy off of Genesect when you can run Catchers and actually useful energy, and you'll save a lot of space with the latter. Lugia isn't very good because it OHKOs almost nothing except for Unevolved Pokemon (aka Squirtle and Wartortle, and that's it). Note that Colress Machine doesn't even trigger Genesect's ability. In addition, the whole reason that I don't think that Genesect/Virizion is great is because you need to use a 2 energy attack for acceleration. Your deck uses Genesect and Lugia with almost no acceleration at all; and the acceleration that is there is colorless only so you have no hope of charging a Genesect in one turn.

Genesect ability needs to be from hand..

and i'm still working the list for that... i run a bencher lugia right now (blast birds, with articuno and kyurem, blastoise water accel and keldeo+float) so its easy to get the OHKO on damaged big basics....

the bencher heer would be genesect with scopes (so 100 bench) then keldeo switch for lugia and plasma catch the damaged ex for 3 prizes... heer will play virizion instead of kyurems and articunos, and leave the stage blastoise for the stage porygon z.

Key to victory is the discard cycle, so you can always catch prizes for lugia

[edit] To answer the highjacked post... ONLY one to 0 Keldeos.

I won't be playing more than one Keldeo-EX in any deck. Genesect-EX/Virizion-EX are too good, and remember...Catcher is still a thing. You don't have to use Genesect's Ability. It's actually kind of nice, because you have a little more room, (you may not run Float Stone now if you don't run Keldeo), so you can do a little more with your list.

Sirmaiik said:
Gusto83 said:

who fears rayquazas now days? and yes, it will hurt the plasma, but lugia only needs one to strike, and thats how the cycle works (once keldeo floater is with plasma and porygon z/genesect are in play (lugia active)

- Plasma Gale, plasma gone, shadow triad plasma back, plasma from hand to genesect bench to catch, plasma to lugia with porygon to strike. If no plasma returns from discard, take away from keldeo

Keldeo sits there in case of another grass week stuff, so it mooves your benck like pillow feathers... lets see how it plays on august :)

Trust me it wont be played in August lol

Gusto83 said:
Update: Froslass (Stage 1 card No.23 from PLB) Ability : "Cursed Glare" As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't attach any Special Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon.[could be a counter.]

Thats why i love the new expantion! it counters almost everything! there are multiple posible combinations and only 60 spots to fill them... and since new format doen't eat away NXD (as many of us feared) the TCG will be on its Golden Age

Yeah I was thinking 0-1/1 Keldo EX/Float stone just in case you need it. Remember, you don't have to play it in every game.

even though I think a decent number of players will try/play Virizen/Genesect I don't think its going to be the new Plasma box. I think it will lose hype after a fall battle roads. Until its refined, also, there's still most of the current Meta-game decks that people will play. so you could still use it in many match ups to its full effect.

Back