Just-For-Fun Singles (Battle Spot)

UltimateInferno

Guess you could say I like Infernape
This team I made out of boredom and just so I can use it in Battle Spot Singles Free Mode for when I am bored.

Hasty Skarmory @ ???
Sturdy
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
Skarmory is my lead and hazards setter. Stealth Rocks for obvious reasons, Whirlwind for obvious reasons, Brave bird is for if Skarmory falls to taunt and if he has finished setting up and Roost for the healing. I won't give Leftovers due to the fact that he isn't any form of sweeper in need of it, and he has Roost anyways.

??? Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy --> Parental Bond
-Power-Up Punch
-Sucker Punch/Crunch
-Earthquake
-Fake Out
Kind of typical for a Mega Kangaskhan, Fake Out for the x3 priority and guaranteed flinching unless the opponent has something like Inner Focus. Power-Up Punch for the x2 attack, Earthquake for coverage, Sucker Punch has priority, but Crunch has the same base power and may lower their defense, and Sucker Punch fails if the opponent is not attacking

Modest Cresselia @ Life Orb
Levitate
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Shadow Ball
-Psychich
-Moonlight
Cresselia is a common legendary in . Psychic is for STAB, Ice Beam and Grass Knot for coverage and Moonlight for HP restoring. But I am not sure if I should replace a move for Shadow Ball for other Psychic types. Life Orb is for the boost, Cresselia can just use Moonlight and heal off the damage.

Quiet Torterra @ Big Root
Overgrow
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis/???
Torterra is one of my favorite starter pokemon, he has an awesome type combination and he has a great movepool. I run Earthquake and Giga Drain for STAB and for restoring HP with help with the Big Root. Crunch is for coverage and to make use of his great attack. And Synthesis for restoring even more HP. However I am thinking that Giga Drain is enough and I might replace it for probably Stone Edge which would help dealing with most of Torterra's weaknesses

Adament Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Stance Change
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Claw
-Sacred Sword
-Iron Head
First of all, I like Aegislash, but I am not really into the idea of using him because he is soo predictable. I decided to replace Shadow Sneak with Shadow Claw because it is just too weak, and Shadow Claw is a lot stronger physical move than Shadow Sneak along with STAB. Swords Dance for the massive attack boost. Iron Head for STAB and dealing with Fairy types. Sacred Sword is for coverage and for any Dark types that get in my way. I wanted to use Weakness Policy on him so his defenses go up which would help him when he is in attack form.

Timid Froslass @ Leftovers
Snow Cloak
-Double Team/Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
Last but not least, Froslass. She is one of my favorite Ice type and Ghost type. She can pull off a great movepool to do a bit of sweeping. Double Team is so that she doesn't have to worry too much about being hit. Shadow Ball and Ice Beam for coverage and STAB. Destiny Bond is a last resort so she can take down the opponent with her.

So what do you think guys. It's pretty well rounded and balanced. I haven't tested it but I have the team ready for battling, all I need is recommendations on what changes I need to make

RE: Just-For-Fun Singles

The only things I see wrong are listed below.

Skarmory
Switch Flash Cannon for Spikes
Hazards are better and Skarmory is a attacker not a Sp.attacker.

Cresselia
Item: Life Orb
Also keep Ice Beam for the Freeze chance.

Torterra
Keep Synthesis if you planning on sun if not switch for Stone Edge or Bulldoze for STAB

Aegislash
always have King`s Shield for the turn wall advantage switch out for Swords Dance trust me on this.

That's all I see for now on froslass I see no info for now.

Torterra doesn't work with a Quiet nature. You'd be better off with Adamant and replacing Giga Drain with Wood Hammer.

Chaos Jackal said:
Torterra doesn't work with a Quiet nature. You'd be better off with Adamant and replacing Giga Drain with Wood Hammer.

You see I get where your going but I think he wants a wall for Torterra and he has the perfect set-up for it. I do see where your going but I also see how the team will play out in singles and I think his is better but that's your suggestion and his thread it will be up to him to decide.

If he wants to use Torterra as a wall, then again Quiet isn't a good idea. He could go with a defensive nature, like Relaxed or Sassy.

Check said:
The only things I see wrong are listed below.

Skarmory
Switch Flash Cannon for Spikes
Hazards are better and Skarmory is a attacker not a Sp.attacker.

Cresselia
Item: Life Orb
Also keep Ice Beam for the Freeze chance.

Torterra
Keep Synthesis if you planning on sun if not switch for Stone Edge or Bulldoze for STAB

Aegislash
always have King`s Shield for the turn wall advantage switch out for Swords Dance trust me on this.

That's all I see for now on froslass I see no info for now.

Ok, Spikes isn't really that good since the most common pokemon nowadays have either levitate or are flying type, e.g - Rotom-Wash, Charizard, Gengar. But I will switch Flash Cannon for Steel Wing (I had Flash Cannon on my Skarmory at the time and I put it by mistake). I Skarmory can learn Stealth Rocks then sure, but I'll probably remove Roost or Night Slash, tough choice, I am not going to remove Air Slash or Steel Wing though because it will get STAB.
Nice idea with the life orb, it's not exactly a sweeper (more like a pokemon to stall and to take out other sweepers) but I'll try it and see how it goes!
I don't really need Synthesis because of Giga Drain+Big Root, Stone Edge is a good move to get rid of any weaknesses.
And I don't really see why I should have King's Shield, it would go great if I was running some sort of Toxic-set team but I just don't see the point.

But thanks for the suggestions! :D

Chaos Jackal said:
If he wants to use Torterra as a wall, then again Quiet isn't a good idea. He could go with a defensive nature, like Relaxed or Sassy.

I consulted the Natures Chart and realized that Quiet lowers his Speed, one of his worst stats already, I will probably run Mild, his Defense is already quite high so I guess it would be ok if I lower it down a little?

I said to have King`s Shield for the 1 turn wall plus having a aegislash in sword stance is not good it will be 1 shot right away. switching back and forth with attack and defense moves annoys the opponent into not attacking it anymore or focusing only on it so that's why I suggested king`s shield.

UltimateInferno said:
I consulted the Natures Chart and realized that Quiet lowers his Speed, one of his worst stats already, I will probably run Mild, his Defense is already quite high so I guess it would be ok if I lower it down a little?

Do you want Torterra to invest on Attack? Then pick Adamant and physical moves. Special Attack? Then pick Modest and Special Moves. Both? Then pick either Brave or Quiet. Defensive? Pick either Relaxed or Sassy.
My suggestion is that you run a Physical attacker set, with Adamant nature and Wood Hammer over any Special Grass move. If you want both physical and special moves, then I suggest you pick a speed-lowering nature. Torterra's speed is already bad, so it won't really mind. There's no reason to trade its bulk for the rare case you might outspeed something.

Check said:
I said to have King`s Shield for the 1 turn wall plus having a aegislash in sword stance is not good it will be 1 shot right away. switching back and forth with attack and defense moves annoys the opponent into not attacking it anymore or focusing only on it so that's why I suggested king`s shield.

Oh ok, I guess I can do that, but I won't remove Swords Dance, I'll remove Safred Sword because Steel types won't exactly go for Aegislash.

Chaos Jackal said:
UltimateInferno said:

Do you want Torterra to invest on Attack? Then pick Adamant and physical moves. Special Attack? Then pick Modest and Special Moves. Both? Then pick either Brave or Quiet. Defensive? Pick either Relaxed or Sassy.
My suggestion is that you run a Physical attacker set, with Adamant nature and Wood Hammer over any Special Grass move. If you want both physical and special moves, then I suggest you pick a speed-lowering nature. Torterra's speed is already bad, so it won't really mind. There's no reason to trade its bulk for the rare case you might outspeed something.

Fair enough, I want Torterra to be a well rounded Pokemon for stalling and maybe even sweeping. But I'll invest some EV's on his speed and defenses since Fire types are so common in XY. I'll thing about what nature I'll run on him, but I want him to keep Giga Drain for the healing+STAB

Also, Hasty isn't a good nature at all for Skarmory. You'd want something like Brave Bird/Roost/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind, with Leftovers and a nature for Defense and Special Defense.

Back