Junichi Masuda Appearing on Pokémon Variety Show on April 3rd

QueenGastrodon

Aspiring Trainer
it has been confirmed that in the episode of Gathering at the Pokémon House, the variety show that airs in Japan every Sunday, that airs on April 3rd, series Director Junichi Masuda will be on, alongside battle director Shigeki Morimoto and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire game director Shigeru Ohmori and will talk about the new games, presumably Pokémon Sun & Moon and will feature the first TV aired footage. It is not known if the footage will be released officially on the Internet beforehand but we will post as soon as anything is revealed.
-Serebii

Let's go, because this could be the first BIG release of info of Sun and Moon, perhaps the region's name will be released and also starters. Maybe a summary of what the plot may be revealed. (Like oh maybe: "You are a traveler to the ___ region and you decide to start a new Pokemon Journey to visit all the hot spots and discover the exotic Pokemons of the ____ region. BUT as you are on this journey you get involved with a brand new team led by a mysterious leader who studies astrology and plans on using the power of a celestial legendary to *enterclichereasontousealegendaryhere* and you stand up to stop them." )
Maybe we can even get a look at the official box art? or at least the legendaries.

THE HYPE AND INFO TRAIN ARE READY! Lets GO!!!!!!!

Ohhh man. I'm really undecided on whether I want to know all the news as it comes out or try not to spoil myself too much so everything's a surprise when I come to play the game...!

I like the idea of not knowing what's coming but it's hard to stay away from it all. It's also fun to discuss and predict new reveals with other Pokemon community members. What is everybody else doing? Has anyone ever successfully stayed away from all spoilers until the game's release? :eek:

Before you get too hype, the exact same thing happened last release, and all we got in the end was some gameplay footage of Groudon and Kyogre, and then the boxart. Since we're still due for a release date at the end of the year and it's basically only just begun still, the gameplay footage probably won't be anything amazingly interesting or refined.

Last edited:
Ohhh man. I'm really undecided on whether I want to know all the news as it comes out or try not to spoil myself too much so everything's a surprise when I come to play the game...!

I like the idea of not knowing what's coming but it's hard to stay away from it all. It's also fun to discuss and predict new reveals with other Pokemon community members. What is everybody else doing? Has anyone ever successfully stayed away from all spoilers until the game's release? :eek:

I don't get the appeal of "going into the game blind" I always knew what pokemon a game contained all the way since I got the strategy guide for Red/Blue months before getting the actual game for Christmas. I want to know the whole pokedex as soon as possible so I can get on with planning a team.

But I agree wit Celever, the biggest reveals I dare hope for at this point are the cover legends (which generally hold little interest for me) and/or the starters.

Yeah, like @Celever said, the last time we got the first "footage" of the game it was a huge disappointment, so I'm not expecting much out of this.

Boxart means potential new legendaries/megas. I'm all hype for any of those. Just please, PLEASE give us some new info. I'm dying from lack of nourishment over here! :_:

First footage of the last games doesn't really count as it was for the remakes which we already knew everything about anyway from when they first released.

Getting cover legendaries this time around would be significant because it's all new information.

We don't know a single thing about this game, maybe it will feature a battle with Magiana vs Zygarde 100% (Or 10%) to show us how the battle graphics changed from XY to SM. They did it with BW too

All I know is we are getting something Sun and Moon related and at this point, I'm taking anything I can get!

I can't wait! Also there's the next Corocoro which will be revealing SM info as well, so April looks like a pretty hype month! :D

It should be interesting to see what kind of news we will get. I think it might be safe to say that CoroCoro will have some of the same information, so we shouldn't get too excited on a MASSIVE news overload. But hey, it might all be new news as well. Not saying that it's not a possibility, I just think it leans more to shared info in both sources.

But who knows what we'll get. I have my own ideas, but I don't want to think too much about them just to have my dreams crushed. My dreams are crushed enough as they are.

Before you get too hype, the exact same thing happened last release, and all we got in the end was some gameplay footage of Groudon and Kyogre, and then the boxart. Since we're still due for a release date at the end of the year and it's basically only just begun still, the gameplay footage probably won't be anything amazingly interesting or refined.

I agree. People should keep their expectations low as possible. For all we know, GF could just rehash the initial "trailer" as given in the Pokémon Direct, and talk about that. If not that, the least you could try to expect are the Starters and/or the Cover Legends, but that is it. They're surely not going to tell anything about the region, and especially not the main villain team. Also, its likely not going to be even that much - they will likely just spend several minutes tops about Pokémon SuMo. So again, people, don't expect too much, for the most info always comes in the CoroCoro. Wait for that instead.

I agree. People should keep their expectations low as possible. For all we know, GF could just rehash the initial "trailer" as given in the Pokémon Direct, and talk about that. If not that, the least you could try to expect are the Starters and/or the Cover Legends, but that is it. They're surely not going to tell anything about the region, and especially not the main villain team. Also, its likely not going to be even that much - they will likely just spend several minutes tops about Pokémon SuMo. So again, people, don't expect too much, for the most info always comes in the CoroCoro. Wait for that instead.
What time does the show start?

This is why I didn't post their announcement on the site. Their show rarely reveals anything these days. It's all hype created by the show and other fan sites.

Called it. My hopes for Pokenchi or whatever they call themselves this year have hit rock bottom ever since they showed us initial "footage" from ORAS' news cycle. Glad I didn't expect anything out of this.

Bah, that was such a D move. Seriously what was the point of hyping it up only to show us the same trailer. -_-

Oh and guess what we have over 10 new pokemon ... wow wee atleast that's some new info o_O

Bah, that was such a D move. Seriously what was the point of hyping it up only to show us the same trailer. -_-

Oh and guess what we have over 10 new pokemon ... wow wee atleast that's some new info o_O
inb4 sun and moon has only 12 new pokemon

No but seriously. Even if it's a day or 2 after April Fools, not funny.

Last edited:

They didn't just show the trailer once, nor twice, but three freaking times as I heard. Good thing that I, along with several others here, didn't bother to watch it. Everyone, just wait for CoroCoro next time if we really want some solid info. In addition to this, however, people should still get reminded kindly that the year of 2016 is still marked as Pokémon's 20th Aniversary. Best expect that GF, even with CoroCoro around, is likely only going to show droplets of info over the course of the year of 2016, instead of washing us over with a tidal wave of information.

As such, I'd expect not much from CoroCoro this month either, other than some droplets of information pertaining to SuMo.

So....nothing new, eh?

Not really sure if it was a "D move" I think that's just the different way Japan works. The trailer was shown once before iirc, right? So we'd have a lot of Japanese children (target audience, for this variety show at least) who have never seen it, so for them it was cool and new, I guess.

I'm also afraid we won't get much from CoroCoro, but again, maybe at least the cover legends and/or the base form of the starters.

But hey, more than 10 pokemon confirmed! At least this confirms that this is a new generation and not just another Gen 6 game with a few additional legendaries.

Back