• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Jumpluff (Battle Roads Masters)

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03
Hey. A little before we get into the decklist. I ran pluff through half of the BR season in the spring and took it to Nats. I used my old deck as a base and modded it off from that

Pokemon: 26
4 Hoppip HGSS
3 Skiploom HGSS
4 Jumpluff HGSS
2 Sunkern HG SS
2 Sunflora HG SS
1 luxray GL RR
1 Luxray GL lv X RR
2 Crobat G PT
1 Regice LA
1 Unown Q MD
1 Azelf LA
3 Uxie LA
1 Uxie lv X

T/S/S:

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28

2 Bebe's Search
3 Broken Time Space
2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Expert Belt
1 Energy Gain
1 Luxruy Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Poketurn
2 Professor Oaks New Theory (I like this over chatot MD as I can still attack same turn even though its my supporter for the turn)
3 Rare Candy
2 Super scoop Up (to heal pluffs and put them right back with BTS)
2 Warp Point (if opp tries to chump block with Uxie etc) also if Regice is active for some horrible reason (bright lookedetc)

Energy: 6

5 Grass
1 Electric

Any Help/comments/suggestions would be appreciated

You definently do not need both Flower Shop Girl and Palmers. Take out the Flower Shop Girl for another BTS. You need 4 with all these trainer lock decks in the format. Also, Sage is a terrible card that relies too much on luck and can hurt you more than it helps. Take them out for 2 more bebe's. Its for the same reason as BTS.

eh. i could agree with the bts, but since i have 2-2 sunflora w/ the Beedrill power (Searching) isn't that a little much? i use to run i think 2 bebe's and 4 communications but modded it a bit since i put sunflora in. also when i had 4 bts in my original pre-md on deck, i always kept drawing them when i didnt need them, and even a few games had 2 or 3 in my opening hand at Nationals and battle roads and ended up losing because i was BTS swamped

I'll try your suggestion and run a few solitare deck tests today and then repost with how it went

I hope I didn't miss something, but do you run Cyrus' Conspiracy? You need 4 of those IMO.
-2 Sage's (GHJames is right, this could end up hurting you more in the long run)
-1 Collector (four is a bit overkill)
-1 Uxie (You don't really need 3, especially when you get the x out)
+4 Conspiracy (search out the energy, turns and a useful supporter)

1- flower shop lady
1- palmer
1+ pokemon communication
1+ Bebe's seach

For a super quik jumpluff start

I run an almost identical deck to yours. I took it to battle roads this past weekend and went 4-1 placed 7th out of 67 people and barely missed the top cut so believe me when i say jumpluff ain't dead like other people say it is. Well as for advice i say:

+1 chatot (helps reset horrible hands)
-1 palmer's or flower shop lady( u really only need one its up to prefrence)
-1 pokemon collector (4 is overkill and dead draws late game)
-1 Regice (hes useless and horrible opener luxray is better)
+1 Mespirit LA (hes a better disruptor than regice)
-1 Uxie (3 can lead to a full bench)
-2 Sage's Training ( horrible card for jumpluff adds speed but is inconsistent)
-2 Warp Points (y? jumpluff and luxray have free retreat + poketurns)
+ 3-4 cyruss conspiracy (its a must!! for 3 reasons 1.jumpluff has low energy count and it helps with that 2. helps search out key poketurns for knock outs with crobat or luxray and 3. helps search out other cyruss to keep ur hand stocked with energies)
+1 pokemon communication or bebe's search ( depend on wether u fear viletomb decks or not, I run 3 poke comm and 2 bebe's simply because jumpluff can outspeed viletomb most of the time and u enjoy knocking out their weakend spiritombs for a free prize :) )

Some other ideas that i think would benefit the deck but i haven't tried out myself is more draw power so some proffesor oak's new theory because jumpluff decks(atleast mine) seem to explode by turn 1 or 2 and be left with an empty hand most of the time.

I would like some insight how does ur deck run with only 3 BTS? I was thinking of cutting one out of my deck but I think its needed with all the trainer lock going around :-/

Well hope this helps...

Regi is there to disrupt opp spiritomb start. I dont like chatot. i took it to nats and I founded dead-drawing into it more often than not and i was like..ok...i can do 0 things with this at this stage in the game. I modded it last night and here's the current list:

Pokemon: 26
4 Hoppip HGSS
3 Skiploom HGSS
4 Jumpluff HGSS
2 Sunkern HG SS
2 Sunflora HG SS
1 luxray GL RR
1 Luxray GL lv X RR
2 Crobat G PT
1 Regice LA
1 Unown Q MD
1 Azelf LA
3 Uxie LA
1 Uxie lv X

T/S/S:

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 27

2 Bebe's Search
3 Broken Time Space
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxruy Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication
4 Poketurn
2 Professor Oaks New Theory (I like this over chatot MD as I can still attack same turn even though its my supporter for the turn)
3 Rare Candy
2 Super scoop Up (to heal pluffs and put them right back with BTS)
2 Warp Point (if opp tries to chump block with Uxie etc) also if Regice is active for some horrible reason (bright lookedetc)

Energy: 7

5 Grass
2 Rainbow

I toyed around with trying to fit in a cyrus or 2..but couldnt find what to take out. any suggestions?

-4 PONT
+4 Cyrus

its gives you a much more consistency rather than relying on random hand refresh
or if vile tomb is big in your area

-2 PONT
+2 Cyrus

hope this helps!

1. -1 Regice (Pretty useless, since Luxray and warp point can already force a to switch.)
2. -2 poketurn, -2 crobat g (Damage techs are unessesary in Jumpluff, since it can deal out 30-120 damage a turn.)
3. -1 Palmer's, +2 Flower Shop Lady (Flower Shop Lady is Way better than Palmers, because the ruling says that you can collect UP TO 3 Pokémon and/or energy.)
4. + 1-1 Shaymin Lv.X (PT 126/127) (Use the Shaymin from 14/127 PT, it is a good card for quick, effective attacking.)
5. +2 PONT (I play tankpluff (shaymin/jumpluff), and MAN is that card useful for long .

I would agree with the rest of the group i would remove 1 uxie and 1 regice. The reason is with 3 uxie you will end with a clogged bench. And regice only works for basic pokemon and you have to discard cards. With this deck you can't afford to discard. Eventhing else good.

With the prevalence of Vilegar in the current meta facing opponents with a spiritomb start would severely hamper the deck..regiice is there to counter that possibility..granted you have to discard 2..but would you rather have a mostly dead hand of 8 instead of a playable hand of 6?

no land form shaymin lv.x?
mabey -1 crobat G, -1 uxie +1 shaymin PL, (energy blow) +1 land form shaymin lv.x

Back