Discussion JirachiXY67 VS Xerosic

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Hey guys I've been thinking of ways to help matchups like Night March and other Special Energy reliant decks. People use two main techs Xerosic and JirachiXY67 for YGZ. I'm trying to get a general consensus. Here is Pro and Cons list to help you decide. :)

JirachiXY67

Pros:
Autowins against Seismitina.
Autowins against Vileplume/Vespiquen
Autowind against Toad
Can Stall against Night March if an OHKO can't be reached.
Breaks Focus Sash on Garchomp
Can stall allowing you to set up.
Prevents all effects of attack including damage if special energy is discarded
Can be used many times

Cons:
Is your attack for the turn
Can be Lysandre'd around the "Prevent all effects of attack including damage affect"
Can only discard Active Pokemon's Special Energy
Dies to bats easily
Cannot be recycled easily
Gives up Prize Card
Not as good against mirror

Xerosic

Pros:
Can discard tools as well as Special Energy
Can be recycled with VS Seeker
Can be found with Battle Compressor + VS Seeker
Can discard Fighting Fury Belt killing Pokemon sometimes
Can hit any Pokemon on the field
Better in Mirror

Cons:
Is your supporter for the turn
Single use
Cannot stall as well as JirachiXY67
Is not as good against Vespiquen/Vileplume, and Toad variant Matchups

Pokemon to counter Night March and other Special Energy Reliant Decks:
3X Yveltal XY
2X Zorua
2X Zoroark
2X Gallade
3X Yveltal-EX
2X Shaymin-EX

Thanks! Please let me know! I will tally the votes and will play the one receiving more votes.

Can I just ask now why no one's thought to combine the Promo Jirachi with Mew-EX or XY10's new Mew? With Dimension Valley in combination, you have a means to shut down Special Energy without using any Energy.

I'm testing both, using both almost closes out the cons on each. Xerosic still discards a Tool as well, so keeping it in a deck can be useful, along with VS Seeker it can last beyond Jirachi being knocked out. From testing the only cons I can find on the 2 while using them together is Jirachi has to retreat or get KOed eventually, then obviously Xerosic is your used supporter for the turn.

I'm also thinking of using Jirachi + Delinquent, having Startling Mega Phone against tools.

Jirachi XY67 + Delinquent I've found is the best combo. Xerosic + Seismitoad-EX is good as well though. Thanks for the input! :)

Can I just ask now why no one's thought to combine the Promo Jirachi with Mew-EX or XY10's new Mew? With Dimension Valley in combination, you have a means to shut down Special Energy without using any Energy.
Because that will take your bench space and will be easy prizes.

Back