Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

If Drowsee's artwork was creepy, then this is something someone would draw on the wall of an insane asylum. 10/10 artwork, though.

That has got to be one of the strangest artworks I've ever seen printed on a Pokemon card... Is this some sort of dream turning into a nightmare I'm witnessing?

Brilliant, very well suited artwork. Always in favour for the more distortion route. Even with such inclusion of things like the Clefairy this makes it reminiscent of the good ol' Vending Machine days..

Wow, they are intentionally trying to be creepy with this thing. That artwork... that Ability name...

Well, the Ability itself probably won't see much play. There's always the chance of your opponent waking up on a coin flip going into their turn. Also, unless you can use something like Zoroark or even Switch to get out of the effect, it's a double-edged sword for you, and your opponent can use the same Zoroark and such to make the Ability useless. Plus, you have to get a Stage 1 into play just to use this. I think I'd actually prefer to use the Basic Malamar-EX to put the opponent to sleep, even if it takes the Energy attachment for the turn.

And of course, the attack is meh.

You can put this card in something like a Water toolbox deck with Keldeo EX and Golduck BREAK. Use Good Night Baby, use Keldeo's Rush In, use Golduck's Energy Trans to move Water energy cards over to Keldeo to set up for a 2HKO, and then pray that your opponent doesn't flip heads in between turns.

You could pop this in Seismitoad, but I'd rather use Milotic with Jirachi doing the rounds. I think it'll see play though, Status Condition from the bench is decent on any Pokemon.

Is there any Pokémon that takes advantage by the number of special conditions on the Defending Pokemon? Ariados + Hypno would be a nice combo.

Not bad, but Malamar EX is better for the sleep effect. You could combo this with sparkling robe and/or something that can poison.

I'm in love with that artwork, Tomozaku did a great job with such a creepy Pokemon (unlike Furious Fist's version...) Pretty good card too, it could probably make its way into tool box decks.

Is there any Pokémon that takes advantage by the number of special conditions on the Defending Pokemon? Ariados + Hypno would be a nice combo.

Ninetales from Dragons Exalted does 50 times the number of Special conditions affecting the opponent's active Pokémon. (It even has a cool ability) That's the only one I can come up with but I'm sure I've seen another one :/

A pretty useless card., not to mention it wastes space. This can be paired with a deck that has a way to deal with your Active being asleep. I don't see this working in a Toad deck. Toad players in Standard are either going to use Giratina, Crawdaunt or Garbodor?

Ninetales from Dragons Exalted does 50 times the number of Special conditions affecting the opponent's active Pokémon. (It even has a cool ability) That's the only one I can come up with but I'm sure I've seen another one :/

Wow, 50 damage times the number of Special Conditions is great. Allied with Virbank City and Sparkling Robe. At the end of the day you would hit 150 for a single fire energy and still Lysandre a Pokemon out if you evolved it in the same turn.

Actually, with Slurpuff and a Muscle Band attached you could easily OHKO most of EX Pokemon. Thats is huge. It does require a lot of setup and a non standard format though.

Back