Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

I think the two Trevenants have some synergy, since while XY can hurt evolution decks (megas in particular, taking away spirit links), this one can hurt basic decks. Both trevenants seem horrifying to night march too

Except only one of the four Trevenant cards (including Trevenant EX) locks items. The only common trend is they all focus on three-energy attacks, which isn't much of a trend. Trevenant as a species isn't really old enough to have its cards follow a common trait.

From a pure aesthetics perspective, that's one of the best looking BREAK cards we've had so far. The wood texture helps a lot, I think, in making it less bland.

Trevenant Break looks really good for a Break card. Also being psychic type helps, as purple and gold is a pleasing combination.

Competitively, it's also really good. Placing counters is always devastating, because it renders defensive Tools and defensive abilities (like Mr. Mime) useless.

This Trevenant Break looks really good. I mean, you can potentially evolve from the basic in the first turn and then evolve to Break in the next turn, locking items or basic Pokémon. Also, 50 hp boost, 30 damage in every benched Pokémon and potentially attacking for 1 energy (+DV). Without mentioning the Creep Show combo as mentioned before, or even with M Tyranitar.

Interesting, indeed.

This card will only give HP to Item Lock Trevenant (XY). The attack for this BREAK will only prove to be situational at best, as the Item Lock Trevenant's attack hitting for 60 to the active and 30 to two benched is superior in most cases. However, I do like that the BREAK can use it's attack for one Psychic and a Dimension Valley. Lastly, Trevenant BREAK will most likely only be played as a one of (if included at all), or two copies at the very most.

I think it's cool against Night March: 3 Damage Counters on every pokemon (goodbye Joltik) + the extra attack cost will be devastating (Hex maniac though) :), oh and it looks very scary. Yes yes I like this very many :)

trevenant break with gengar, mega gallade, mega Tyranitar or just mega houndoom will seriously be powerful!

This card will only give HP to Item Lock Trevenant (XY). The attack for this BREAK will only prove to be situational at best, as the Item Lock Trevenant's attack hitting for 60 to the active and 30 to two benched is superior in most cases. However, I do like that the BREAK can use it's attack for one Psychic and a Dimension Valley. Lastly, Trevenant BREAK will most likely only be played as a one of (if included at all), or two copies at the very most.

XY trev hits for 60 + 20 to two benched pokemon (not 30), so this starts to become more damaging at 4 pokemon in play. also 1 energy with dimension valley in play is kinda amazing :0

At first I was super underwhelmed by this, but then I remembered just how effective other 30 damage spread attacks could be and how expensive they were- plus having the ability to item lock at the same time is pretty big! Now trev has variety in the attacks it can use, all while still being able to sit in the active

wow this trevenant break changes the format i think by itself not only making item lock possible but destorying all joltiks and 2 hitting all pumpkaboos that show up on the field and mr mime cant stop it :p this card is like a better boomburst and can attack for a single energy is insane! Gengar creep show + trevanant break can be really competitively viable now even mega gallade, or even aegislash that puts damage counters on all pokemon equal to the number of damage on that pokemon...this will probably be the best break from this set, but zoroark can put this guy in check only needing 3 benched pokemon to do 200 damage. But still this is something not to underestimate with item lock

Back