Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I like all the art on the cards, but I don't like how closely this new Gardevoir EX art looks to the one from Primal Clash.

Wow the new gardevoir full art looks like the one from primal clash but a new pose but is smiling now, I really like the secret rare gardevoir with the yveltal in the background and mega gardevoir too so cool looking. :) I must have that volcanion full art!

I'm so glad to see how these cards turned out! :) I really love the gold cards and I'm super excited to see the regular Steelix EX when it's revealed. I really want to pull one of the gold cards..

Looking at the card numbers, there should be a total of 10 full-arts (SR in Japan).
10 freaking FAs.
Most probably, 2 of the remaining 3 are going to be Steelix-EX FA and Professor FA.
That leaves one more SR.

honestly this set makes me disappointed for starers volcanion is ok but just not good playable wise next when i saw gardevoir on the packs art i thought not again...honestly i dont care how cool gardevoir is i still think its a waste of space their were other Pokemon that could got in their like salamence or slowbro but no always gardvoir so the only good about this set is steelix what can say the full art just looks bad ass and i will find a way to use it in one of my decks also that magiana looks interesting but hey that is just me tell me what you all think about steam siege.

I'm so glad to see how these cards turned out! :) I really love the gold cards and I'm super excited to see the regular Steelix EX when it's revealed. I really want to pull one of the gold cards..
i am sure you will get one just buy a box you are going to get a least 3 fa's per box and with my experience seems the rate has gone up to find an ex

Looking at the card numbers, there should be a total of 10 full-arts (SR in Japan).
10 freaking FAs.
Most probably, 2 of the remaining 3 are going to be Steelix-EX FA and Professor FA.
That leaves one more SR.
yep fa are the best

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems overkill to have a base EX, full art EX and gold EX version of the same card in one set. Personally, I would like gold Items to take the Secret Rare slots.

That being said, the art on the gold Volcanion-EX and Gardevoir-EX is awesome!

Gardevoir is on double figures in terms of EX cards, if you include the mega EX cards.

These days there are more EX cards in a set than regular holos, and the EX are meant to be more rare?

Regular Steelix EX was revealed last week. For me the art for the regular one looks the best out of the four Steelix cards. You can't even see the blue hexagons in the mega arts even.

Last edited:
Sweet, each set has the possibility of getting the Pokemon Ranger FA. Strongly considering importing...

Wow I love both of the gold secret rares! Gj gj friends. Also love the regular Volcanion and Magearna.

But also mmm pretty disappointed that in both cards the most interesting detail of M Steelix's design isn't prominent, that being his floating diamonds -- and wow the change from 30 to 10 in M Gardevoir's attack makes it far less viable. Not completely, because psychic and fairy are great types to be rn, but it went from being easily competitive to probably just okay.

(Of course my cynicism is far more elaborate than my joy -_-)

Neat looking and of course i'll collect the whole set as I always do...But i'm going to say that the Secret rare Volcanion will likely go for more than the Gardevoir secret rare will. :/ But these are typical, like the rain when I have to go out to Pokemon league, which is now...Typical. Give me a Lopunny EX and maybe i'll perk up but we just keep getting Gardevoirs...Which is nice and all, but we got reprints of the last one not all that long ago, so...meh.

Are we really getting 2 ranger full arts? One seems darker than the other. I know it's in both sets for Japan but they seem to be colored differently with one having a black border could it simply be the lighting? And I want that Steelix EX aside from the secret rares that's my favorite full art out of the rest I really do hope that the card is that dark and it's not just the lighting

Love the full arts, took me way too long to notice Xerneas/Yveltal in the backgrounds :p agreed that the Gardevoir FA is too similar to the Primal Clash one though, bit of a shame.

Are we really getting 2 ranger full arts? One seems darker than the other. I know it's in both sets for Japan but they seem to be colored differently with one having a black border could it simply be the lighting? And I want that Steelix EX aside from the secret rares that's my favorite full art out of the rest I really do hope that the card is that dark and it's not just the lighting

I think they are the same card. The bottom one looks more like a scan and the top one more like a photo, could explain the different lighting. Could be wrong though, but there really is no point in them printing two of the same card with basically the same artwork in one set.

I guess I am the only one in love with the full art volcanion (not the gold card). I love the eyes and the blue with red. I need that card u_u

I am so buying these cards (what I don't get in packs) My wallet is going to be near empty from all this. Good thing I'll be loaded soon. Now I'm going to need to buy some deck boxes for all these cards

Secret Rare Volcanion disappoints me. Volcanion's probably my favourite legendary (only Zygarde 50% rivals it), so I really want to love it, but... Its face looks so... Off. I can't tell if it's the art style, or just the fact its mouth being open is something we haven't really seen before, but... Man it looks so wrong to me. The Full Art looks fairly nice, though. And Gardevoir-EX (both the Full Art and especially the Secret Rare) looks amazing. Ranger's pretty nice, too. (Then again, I've always liked the design of the female XY Rangers.) The rest, especially Steelix and Mega Steelix, are pretty forgettable. I'm yet to see an art of Magearna that makes gives me a reason to care about it as a Pokemon. They always seem too inhuman. (Yes, it's man-made and mechanical, but as a Fairy-type, it should at least have SOME personality to it. It really hasn't been achieved yet.)

Back