Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Is anyone talking about Yanmega's ability?

Ability: Sonic Vision
If your hand has 4 cards in it, this Pokemon’s attacks cost no Energy to use.

That would apply to both Yanmega and the BREAK evolution.
With some hand size control, he could become a really efficient attacker.
Maybe combo this with Shauna? Shuffle-draw 5 cards - play 1 card - you're at 4 cards and good to go.

Yanmega looks super easy to use, especially with Judge.

Ah! I forgot about Judge! That's an even better card to use.
But yeah, between Shauna, Judge, and Vs Seeker, you could be attacking for free nearly all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
My top 10 of the most competitively relevant cards from this list:

10. Xerneas BREAK
9. Clawitzer and his BREAK
8. Yveltal BREAK
7. Magearna-EX
6. M-Gardevoir-EX
5. Pokemon Ranger
4. Volcanion
3. Volcanion-EX
2. Special Charge
1. Ninja Boy

Doesn't Amoongus break things? You can't be confused & paralyzed as they both require a card turn
A Pokemon recovers from Paralysis in order to be Confused, and it heals from Confusion to be Paralyzed.
I think Amoongus cures a Confused Pokemon in order to Paralyze it.

Last edited:
Dual-Type Volcarona???? GIVE ME!
and oh my heavens it's drawn by Kouki Saitou.
GIVE MEEEEE

EDIT:
IT'S EVEN SHINY
tumblr_nvz0fxvfVO1rzb85ro1_250.gif

Litwick – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Small Roast: Search your deck for any 2 cards and discard them. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Litwick – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litwick

[C] Infinity Mirror: Each player either draws or discards cards until he or she has 4 cards in his or her hand.

[P][C] Flickering Flame: 20 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Shouldn't this be Lampent?

I think this will be a great addition to competitive TCG. Bringing back the duel typings was a great idea and will make the TCG way more interesting.
(I want that M Steelix)

There's so many interesting cards here. The BREAKs are all fairly decent and interest me the most (expect maybe Hydreigon...).

Yanmega could definitely be a thing with FGP and maybe some good draw cards like Octillery to maximize Yanmega's cheapness. Plus Flare Tools will be staple with Yanmega given it's attack.

Pyroar isn't great, but it'd make a decent tech using the Pyroar with Flare Command to act as a pseudo-Lysandre, and as a late game attacker. If not, just for fun.

Talonflame is funny, it's BREAK is a rather cookie-cutter Fire Pokemon. While I wonder about it's playability, it could make for an interesting Expanded deck using things like Silver Bangle and Blacksmith to get more bang for your buck. If I had to choose a partner for it, maybe the above Pyroar. If done right it could be pretty scary.

Clawitzer I really like and I think it's super playable. It has a nice Mega savvy Ability, and the BREAK, while clunky, I'd like to see in a Mega Gyarados deck. It would make for a nice late game gambit so you don't have to discard from your deck with Gyarados's attack but hit for a good 240. Not great, but I think it could work. Or could you imagine this with Mega Mewtwo?? Oh lawd. You wouldn't even need the BREAK... I also think Clawitzer is one of few cards that could make Mega Steelix playable what with Strong Energy, DCE etc as well as the fact that it's Ability can stack. Of course, you would get shrekd by Hammers and such but hey you've got Special Charge and Puzzle of Time, so it's worth a go.

Sweet! I love these new cards! I wonder if we'll get any gen 6 mega's in gen 7? It seems thatr all of them are getting BREAK's. Clawitzer BREAK is cool and it's about time we got another card for him -- same thing goes for Avalugg. Magearna might see some play. You could throw it in with Tyrantrum/Bronzong as a possible early attacker while also charging Tyrantrum on your bench.

Yanmega/Yespiquen anybody?? Huh? The Infernape seems a but overkill IMO but it's still cool and I'm glad to see the gear set back. Mega Steelix doesn't seem too playable but the artwork is to die for. From the looks of it, I think that the Talonflame is going to be a regular rare which is awesome considering it's so playable (I wonder if it would work in night march).

Does anybody else think that we might get a Magearna secret rare? This is the first time since BREAKthrough that we've gotten a double Japenese set and in BREAKthrough we got two of the new secret rares. It's also possible if there is a secret rare (gold not regular full art) in Cruel Traitor then it's also very possible we might get a Shiny Mega Dual-type Gardevoir EX (that's a mouth-full).

Infernape can do 200 for two energy!!

What's the catch?...[/QUOTE]

"R][R] Flare Up: 200 damage. You can only use this attack if your discard pile has 10 or more [R] Energy cards in it. Choose 10 [R] Energy in your discard pile and show them to your opponent. Shuffle them back into your deck."

not too bad, but takes some time to set up

Yes! Gardevoir Spirit Link got reprinted, now we if get the Aromatisse reprint that Japan got, I get to play my Mega Gardevoir EX Deck for another format!

I just realized, had they introduced dual-typing earlier, we could've gotten shiny Water/Dark Mega Gyarados and shiny Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria. I wonder how cool they would've looked..

I think that Infernape is my favourite card from the set :p interesting attacks for sure! Probably wouldn't be that difficult to set up initially with Ultra Balls, Fiery Torch, Scorched Earth etc, plus it's first attack. But then once you've used it you've gotta do it all over again; pretty inefficient, but still funny.

I like Talonflame too. It seems pretty OP, actually. 40 damage isn't too bad, and it's effect for 1 energy is pretty ballin'. It's BREAK isn't dreadful either, even less so given that you can have it out on turn two if you start with it. I've been waiting for them to say something like "If your opponent does start with Wobbuffet then you have to discard Talonflame" or something, just because it seems too good to be true. I doubt it warrants a deck in its own right, but I'll definitely be experimenting with it to see what it can do.

Clawitzer is pretty awesome for a lot of decks, I can see that getting some play and breathing life into some less-played mega decks.

I also did wonder if Geomancy Xerneas would get a reprint, I'm pleased it did.

More generally I'm not sure how I feel about the dual-type Pokémon being shinies. Like I'm not sure I understand why that was necessary. I like shiny Pokémon, don't get me wrong, but yeah. For me, the shinies should be reserved for UR cards.

Back