Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Is that Diancie mistranslated? Reducing a 30 damage in a stackable Ability is crazy. Also, Regirock looks a bit over the top considering Fighting already has insane help with damage output. >.>

omg I love how they implemented Zygarde Core as if it was a Technical Machine/Ace Spec <3

oh also Ground Force on Zygarde-EX is the Japanese name for Land's Wrath

My Goodness, I literally screamed with every card except the Gothorita. D: The possibilities...!

Is that Diancie mistranslated? Reducing a 30 damage in a stackable Ability is crazy. Also, Regirock looks a bit over the top considering Fighting already has insane help with damage output. >.>
Stackable? It has to be active.

I like the combination of Zygarde EX and Carbink Break, though I admit, i wouldn;t want to waste the turn attacking with Carbink to get the energies back

Diancie EX is too good not to play. It also don't have a bad HP tier so it avoids being a catcher target AND it stacks. I could really make a tanky deck with it.

Regirock EX just made Machamp useless. Fighting got more support, something it didn't need more of. Colorless Pokemon need much more support.

I am a little sad to see ANOTHER tool card that does 200 damage. I just wish they let B/W die.

Just give me my Articuno, EX, Zapdos EX and Moltres EX reprint fro, FRLG.

I like the combination of Zygarde EX and Carbink Break, though I admit, i wouldn;t want to waste the turn attacking with Carbink to get the energies back

Carbink BREAK's attack doesn't specify if you can only attach Basic energy, which basically means its a Stage 1 that can load up your team with Strong Energy.

Why are people saying Diance's Ability stacks? It has to be Active to be used.
So the artwork depicts Complete Zygarde's strips as serpent heads, kinda in a Hydreigon way. Awesome. The more serpentine the guy ends up being, the best.

New VirGen except with carkink BREAK and Zygarde EX and power memory. Let's say you use Wally and you go second with a carbink and attach an energy. Have some sort of way to discard energies and max elixir. This means 3 energies on T1 so your opponent would have a very scary game.

Looking at that genesect's ability name, Cassette Change, I can't help but wonder if perhaps TPCI is planning on making item cards that are equivalent to genesect's cassettes (or "drives" in English) in the video games that make him change type. It would be cool to be able to switch gene's type to whichever weakness you needed him to hit.
At first, I was a little peeved at the mega catcher. I mean, at this point the available Megas aren't so broken that they need to be put down. But then again, mega catcher won't be too playable in reality. I mean, people will most likely have their Mega in the active position already, and if there is a weak one on the bench, we already have Lysandre for that.
The fossil Pokemon look awesome, if not entirely competitive, and I would love to make a fun omastar/aerodactyl deck to play around with.
I hope the bronzing break's ability just copies the regular bronzong's ability, so that one bronzing could attach two energy in a turn. That would be sick.

I am a little sad to see ANOTHER tool card that does 200 damage. I just wish they let B/W die.
Well, the differences between this and G-Booster is:
1. G-Booster made you discard 2 energies. Seems Pokemon inc. has learned a lesson and given this one more of a much needed drawback.
2. G-Booster busted through hard charm, silver mirror, and other blocking stuff, when this thing doesn't.

Quick math for zygarde, assuming you go second, get a strong energy, muscle band, and fighting stadium out, that's 100 damage for a single energy. OR, you could use a fighting fury belt and regirock ex to stay at 100, but have a 230 hp basic pokemon to sponge damage.

I originally would have partnered Regirock with Donphan, though thinking about it now, partnering with Medicham AT could be a good idea, as you can do 30+40+20+20+20 to deal 110-130 with base/Regirock/Muscle Band/Strong Energy/Fighting Stadium.

lets break these down.

M Audino EX interesting attack extra damage for an action you should be able to do every turn is nice 110/50 usually wont get a ko but is one of the better setups for a ko, and as its colorless can be DCEd, slight trouble with all the awesome fighting this set bring though.

Diancie EX awesome ability could be combined with some other things such as hard charm to make a decent wall, attack... usually there's a stadium in play so you get the extra dam, but Delinquent makes that not as likely.

Regirock EX and fighting get an easier to get out but slightly weaker power boost then machamp so saves some deck space in fighting, ok attack nothing great. mostly will be a bench sitter to power up attackers.

Carbink Break our first break that can changes type from the lower stage attack... is weak closest comparison would be BKP garchomp, both fighting, carbink has less hp (20 less) carbink attack is weaker but gets 1 more energy and carbink is effectively a stage 1 vs garchomp stage 2. if you use the fairy lower stage it has metal weakness instead of fightings normal psychic/water/grass though. overall could be good depends on what the basic is like.

Zygarde EX + power memory, very interesting seems similar to lucario ex in design with a little of genesect ex from the power memory. very nice though grass weak means we'll see grass decks designed to counter it like vespiquen. with power memory and either a couple of the new Regirock EX or the other fighting type boosts (energy/stadium/etc) we have enough to 1 hit ko even megas.

Gothita not much to say we'll see if the stage 2 (and maybe break?) is any good.

Lass's Recommendation mixed you draw between 0-8 cards based on your opponent, if your opponent runs night march or and EX heavy deck I can be good, most of the time you'll likely draw 2-3 cards in which case you'd be better off running tierno.

Does this mean we can expect a fighting (rock) type Carbink? I would be okay with that.

That Diancie EX, I like it.

Neat looking Zygarde EX. This is from the battle deck right? Does that mean we'll get a regular Zygarde EX in the actual set? I kind of hope if we do it's a dragon type.

That bids the question, what is Zygarde's perfect form? Is it still dragon/ground or does it change it type or something? Do we even know for sure yet about this?

Back