News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

D
L
C

I'll eat a pokemon card if this isn't true lol

DLC will never happen in Pokemon games unless they don't have a major effect on the game. Because then, like Smash - players will need to download the content regardless.
This can cause problems at events that are dependent on the Judge's smartphone data. Players would be forced to download the DLC on a Judge's data. Which - Judge's are not paid by The Pokemon Company so this would be unfair.

DLC will never happen in Pokemon games unless they don't have a major effect on the game. Because then, like Smash - players will need to download the content regardless.
This can cause problems at events that are dependent on the Judge's smartphone data. Players would be forced to download the DLC on a Judge's data. Which - Judge's are not paid by The Pokemon Company so this would be unfair.

I feel like if you're going to an official tournament that says you need the latest DLC and you haven't downloaded it then that should be on you, not the judge, and you should not be allowed to enter until you do the update yourself.

I agree the DLC won't happen though. They haven't done it before so I highly doubt they'll start now. I'd like to see it though. It'd be awesome to be able to play new storylines and stuff after the games been out for awhile.

I feel like if you're going to an official tournament that says you need the latest DLC and you haven't downloaded it then that should be on you, not the judge, and you should not be allowed to enter until you do the update yourself.

I agree the DLC won't happen though. They haven't done it before so I highly doubt they'll start now. I'd like to see it though. It'd be awesome to be able to play new storylines and stuff after the games been out for awhile.
I don't know, I think series needs something to freshen up and avoid what is becoming annualised versions - plus we have had a glimpse of what this could be like with the demo for oras and sun moon - and to the tournament it's irrelevant - you would be downloading a new area or story/episode etc, the mechanics of game wouldn't be changing in terms of moves etc

I don't know, I think series needs something to freshen up and avoid what is becoming annualised versions - plus we have had a glimpse of what this could be like with the demo for oras and sun moon - and to the tournament it's irrelevant - you would be downloading a new area or story/episode etc, the mechanics of game wouldn't be changing in terms of moves etc

Yeah true. I agree that they should reevaluate the whole annual release thing. I love playing new Pokémon games, but I'd rather wait a little longer between each release if it allowed them to pack new games with even more content. I feel like that's where DLC could come in. We'd have to wait a little longer between each release, but if they released some DLC updates within that period then it'd make the waiting worth it.

I like this suspicious Sinnoh spam, was getting fatigued of the incessant gen one push.

Yeah true. I agree that they should reevaluate the whole annual release thing. I love playing new Pokémon games, but I'd rather wait a little longer between each release if it allowed them to pack new games with even more content. I feel like that's where DLC could come in. We'd have to wait a little longer between each release, but if they released some DLC updates within that period then it'd make the waiting worth it.

It's not annual. There was no game in 2015.

This Luxray is what I like. It looks fun to mess around with. With Koko/Latios spread, and Electrode to power it up quickly. Using Counter Energy and Counter Catcher to bring something up an kill the Leles.

Of course, it would never work and never be viable. Thus, it'll be some deck just to mess around with.

I like this suspicious Sinnoh spam, was getting fatigued of the incessant gen one push.

It's not annual. There was no game in 2015.

Regardless, here's a timeline for the US dating back to Gen 3:

2003 - Ruby and Shapphire
2004 - FireRed and LeafGreen
2005 - Emerald
2007 - Diamond and Pearl
2009 - Platinum
2010 - HeartGold and SoulSilver
2011 - BW
2012 - B2W2
2013 - XY
2014 - ORAS
2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 - Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

12 releases in the last 15 years is close enough to call them annual in my book. Again, not complaining. I love playing new Pokemon games. I feel like every release I see people complaining about length of post-game content or something that might not be an issue if they had more time to develop each game. I feel like there's pros and cons to both options. They could extend the time period between each game to every other year instead which would give them more time to develop each game, but then we would have to wait longer and probably wouldn't get "enhanced" installments. Or we keep it how it is now and get games more frequently, but might not have as many features as we'd like because they just don't have the time to implement everything.

I get what you're saying but that's just an incorrect use of the word. You could say almost annual or near-annual.

The person I responded to used the word annual so I did too. Regardless, I'm using the word in a generalized manner. Come on, this isn't English class lol.

Firstly, *Luxray

I'm sorry, what makes them rubbish? Two of them are drawn by manga artists who have years of experience.
They have been with Pokemon for years and barely anyone complains.

Is that avatar your own artwork? if so is this an ego thing?

Your ego is the only problem lol, you felt the need to correct his typo even though everyone could clearly understand what he meant, that's just low and obnoxious bro hah

The person I responded to used the word annual so I did too. Regardless, I'm using the word in a generalized manner. Come on, this isn't English class lol.

There isn't a generalised way to use the word but I'm so glad you didn't say irregardless so bless your heart for that,

There isn't a generalised way to use the word but I'm so glad you didn't say irregardless so bless your heart for that,

I really didn't feel like I needed to put the word "almost" or "roughly" before annual for people with basic comprehension skills to understand the point I was trying to make, but thanks. I'm going to bow out of our little English class here and get back to taking about Pokémon. :)

Hey, Korrina for lightning types!
it says lightning energy, not lightning pokemon so it is a worse version of korrina, even if it was lightning pokemon it still is much worse than korrina because fighting types were great when she was used and right now lightning pokemon are not that great at the moment, this card could help them but to be clear it is not a lightning korrina

I believe In Luxrays art it is Mt.Coronet because on Bulbapedea there is a picture of Sinnoh and there seems to be some sort of portal on the top of Mt.Coronet.
The dark portal on the map of Sinnoh is the entrance to the distortion world: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Distortion_World_Mt_Coronet.png
The portal on Luxray's artwork is an Ultra Wormhole, which so far has no relationship to the Distortion World.
Good chance that it is still Mt. Coronet though.

Back