Help I've got a playset of NVI Eels but no Raikous. What other Expanded decks can use them?

Pretty much any Lightning type attacker can use them. There is promo Pikachu-EX, Vikavolt-GX, and some other Pokemon I can't think of. On PTCGO, type in x50 in the search (or some other damage) and see what shows up. Be sure to turn on the not owned filter.

I'm thinking Zekroms or investing into a Ray EX deck for PTCGO but is there anything else that I'm not thinking of?

Yep. Tapu Koko GX. Stack 4 AZ into your deck and keep the cycle of pain going turn after turn after turn. I have used it. It is good. It isn't amazing good and I think I actually prefer Manectric vs the Eels for the energy regeneration (I have played it both ways), but it can be nasty. Also, you could do a Ray Eels deck with 1 or 2 Koko's teched in. I have done this as well and it can be explosive.

Pretty much any Lightning type attacker can use them. There is promo Pikachu-EX, Vikavolt-GX, and some other Pokemon I can't think of. On PTCGO, type in x50 in the search (or some other damage) and see what shows up. Be sure to turn on the not owned filter.

...Huh. Today I learned you can do that. Thanks Pidgeot!

Yep. Tapu Koko GX. Stack 4 AZ into your deck and keep the cycle of pain going turn after turn after turn. I have used it. It is good. It isn't amazing good and I think I actually prefer Manectric vs the Eels for the energy regeneration (I have played it both ways), but it can be nasty. Also, you could do a Ray Eels deck with 1 or 2 Koko's teched in. I have done this as well and it can be explosive.

It did cross my mind but I was at school and school makes me tired... Anyway it would give the deck a better match-up against Mega Ray and Yveltal EX turbos. Even though I'm 95% sure that archetype of Dark decks kinda got shoved out by Darkrai EX builds...

I used Eels along with the Ray online a decent bit to complete Dragon missions. It works OK. Picked up some wins while knocking out missions. I wouldn't play it in a tournament but it does get by for some mission grinding better than anything else I've tried in Dragon (don't have a Salamence EX or that would have made things easier by far).

...Huh. Today I learned you can do that. Thanks Pidgeot!

It did cross my mind but I was at school and school makes me tired... Anyway it would give the deck a better match-up against Mega Ray and Yveltal EX turbos. Even though I'm 95% sure that archetype of Dark decks kinda got shoved out by Darkrai EX builds...

Not a problem. Anything to help!

Raikous are pretty cheap and are really good non ex attackers paired with tapu koko and mewtwo you can have a bunch of different attackers to soot your needs

I used Eels along with the Ray online a decent bit to complete Dragon missions. It works OK. Picked up some wins while knocking out missions. I wouldn't play it in a tournament but it does get by for some mission grinding better than anything else I've tried in Dragon (don't have a Salamence EX or that would have made things easier by far).

Depends on the Ray Eels variant you are using. I would take mine to a tournament and expect to do really well (and have). Trashalanche Garb isn't nearly as prevalent in expanded and the correct version of Ray Eels (read: mine) which is running Smeargle and PRC Eelektross can mop up just about anything as early as turn 2. It does play a TON of items though, so it falls victim to item lock. It wouldn't have to, but it also wouldn't be nearly as destructive. A Koko in this deck works really well as an alternate attacker that can take one major head before giving the game right back to Ray.

Back