News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

I like this ability a lot, It's the same as Virizion EX's ability from Plasma Blast but now with Fairy energy. I think this will definitely see some play in fairy decks/any deck that uses fairy energy's.
the attack though... that one is just bad :(

EDIT: Also like how you can get this Pokemon with a level ball. So that helps a lot too.

First an Awesome Sylveon-GX card.. And now this amazing ability for fairy decks.. I Love It!

I don't think it matters how popular Spec Condition will be in the future. It's a one-off so it will prob find its way in a few Guard decks.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Comfey - 2-3 Geodudes. Why? It is a basic XY Slurpuff. Special Conditions aren't the most concern in the meta. If it is now concerned, it can be good.

It also works with pokemon with DDE and Rainbow Energy! I think it will be very helpful on Expanded on decks like Darkrais/Dragons

Based on all of the new basic Pokémon with decent-amazing abilities.... I really see Muk and/or Silent lab becoming significantly more popular.

A possible one-of in M Gardevoir-EX STS decks? Special Conditions aren't a big part of Standard right now. It Gardevoir ever sees play in Expanded Comfey will be invaluable against Accelgor and Seismitoad-EX decks. Rainbow Road simply doesn't have the Bench space to accommodate this unfortunately. With the new Burn mechanic, Special Conditions may have more use in the future, but right now there aren't any Burn inflicting cards in the metagame. Unless Raticate BREAK / Ariados becomes popular suddenly, Comfey may need to wait a while before its turn to shine.

From what I've seen, special conditions have been getting a decent bit of play this season (funnily enough my deck's basically a Poison deck), so this could be decent.
Also, COMPLETELY locks down Toxapex GX and every strategy around it.

A possible one-of in M Gardevoir-EX STS decks? Special Conditions aren't a big part of Standard right now. It Gardevoir ever sees play in Expanded Comfey will be invaluable against Accelgor and Seismitoad-EX decks. Rainbow Road simply doesn't have the Bench space to accommodate this unfortunately. With the new Burn mechanic, Special Conditions may have more use in the future, but right now there aren't any Burn inflicting cards in the metagame. Unless Raticate BREAK / Ariados becomes popular suddenly, Comfey may need to wait a while before its turn to shine.

I would imagine this would find more use in Expanded considering LaserBank and, as you mentioned, Accelgor are still pretty popular there. Plus, considering how quick Standard has become as a format, I wouldn't imagine why you would want this there, especially because things like Lysandre make this an incredibly easy OHKO. Still, we'll see what else comes forward.

That said, if it does find a place, I think we could see it in things like M Gardevoir, as you mentioned, or maybe something a bit more unorthodox, like Mega Rayquaza. After all, he can also technically utilize things like Fairy Garden to remove damaged Shaymins/Hoopas/etc. and have free retreat off of it as well.

Overall, I really like the card and I think it'll be a nice addition to Expanded if it dying too easily doesn't become a major issue.

-Asmer

I honestly think that Salazzle will find play in the coming format, both in and out of Standard. It is essentially an evolution that reads deal + 30 damage this turn, +50 in Expanded with Virbank. I think it is certain to see play in a number of decks in conjunction with Choice Band to hit magic numbers that would otherwise be missed, with the added benefit of denying Teammates and similar effects.

The Comfey is definitely a solid addition to decks utilizing Fairy Energy in Expanded, such as Despair Ray M Gardevoir, the upcoming Sylveon GX, and potentially Rayquaza variants using Fairy. Or any colorless attacker that wants to use Fairy Drop.

Back