News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Whiscash - It can be good but not enough.
  • Mallow - A "1 per deck" card. Good thing to get Shaymins easily ;)

Mallow with combination of shaymin-ex/oranguru/octillery, get those 2 of any cards that you need for sure, kind of like teammates :D

Wow. That is nice. I wasn't expecting Whiscash to be a Fighting type. Mallow is good too.

Mallow could be useful, especially with Mons with draw abilities or Acro Bike. Whiscash is pretty bad though.

Mallow looks pretty nasty. With all of the draw support we have currently, it will be amazing as a 1/2 of in a deck. Works with octillery, oranguru (if that ever is a thing), shaybae, acro bike, unown (Nasty for vesp decks, with the ability to search for both unown and get them out in 1 turn). Could be used to force an opponent to N you when they really don't want to, wasting their supporter for the turn. It is one very nasty card, with tons of uses. Think a more splashable teammates

Mallow looks pretty nasty. With all of the draw support we have currently, it will be amazing as a 1/2 of in a deck. Works with octillery, oranguru (if that ever is a thing), shaybae, acro bike, unown (Nasty for vesp decks, with the ability to search for both unown and get them out in 1 turn). Could be used to force an opponent to N you when they really don't want to, wasting their supporter for the turn. It is one very nasty card, with tons of uses. Think a more splashable teammates

I'm really not seeing why this card is better than running straight draw Supporters, especially considering we're also gaining Tapu Lele GX in the same pack. Maybe it'll help with extended Shaymin Plays, but why waste the Supporter slot for that turn on Mallow when you can play something like N, Sycamore, or Lillie first turn or, in better situations, Lysandre, Delinquent, etc etc. on later turns? I suppose the versatility is nice, but quite frankly, Mallow just doesn't seem like it's that worthwhile when the other options we have simply do more as a general rule.

Now, if Mallow was an Item, this would be 100% different. As a Supporter, however, it seems underwhelming. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I simply don't think this does more than our normal draw power Supporters.

Still, I won't 100% knock it. Perhaps it's much more practical than it looks/seems. We'll see.

-Asmer

Since TPCi decided it was going to.

Just saying, TPCi should be looking up continuity with the attacks that are in the game. NOT that I'm gonna use the card but it hurts my heart when they screw up the cards worse than they screw up their own website. :/

Wait. I just realized. If Mallow is in standard and you have a Shaymin, you could use Mallow to get Shaymin your next turn. Which is cool.

Combined with Acro Bike maybe this works? I don't think it's going to be chosen over the other strong supporters we already have. And I only see using this in a fast pace deck like one that uses Unown or Acro Bike like Vileplume does but even then those decks might just be better off using a 1 off Teammates since they run a lot of non ex pokemon (like Vespiquen).

I'm really not seeing why this card is better than running straight draw Supporters, especially considering we're also gaining Tapu Lele GX in the same pack. Maybe it'll help with extended Shaymin Plays, but why waste the Supporter slot for that turn on Mallow when you can play something like N, Sycamore, or Lillie first turn or, in better situations, Lysandre, Delinquent, etc etc. on later turns? I suppose the versatility is nice, but quite frankly, Mallow just doesn't seem like it's that worthwhile when the other options we have simply do more as a general rule.

Now, if Mallow was an Item, this would be 100% different. As a Supporter, however, it seems underwhelming. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I simply don't think this does more than our normal draw power Supporters.

Still, I won't 100% knock it. Perhaps it's much more practical than it looks/seems. We'll see.

-Asmer

Here is my guess. It is the type of play you make on turn 2 to ensure you get that T2 Rare Candy + S2 pokemon. It definitely isn't perfect and I think it requires some additional set up (I.E. the ability to pull the top two cards from the top of your deck post supporter) and honestly it seems extremely situational, but I could see how it would work. Dunno. I tend to agree with you :)

Back