Is vileplume going to be that rare?

LOL most good LuxChomps DO have a fully GCX by T2. DCE+Gain or DCE+Call assuming they used that on their first turn. It's not hard AT ALL.

To those supporting Vileplume: All I have to do is continue Spraying your Gengar Lv.X. And when I run out of Sprays? I'll use a Bebe's to get it back again. Let's see, that's 5 turns of you taking 100 Damage from a Belted DGX, while you do very little. (6 Turns if I Bebe's again!) And, I'm Lost Zoning energies as I go. That Gengar Lv.X won't last long.

I'm not sure if the OP intended to incite yet another banal Vileplume vs. SP argument, but in response to the actual question:

Vileplume is one of the most hyped up cards, and undoubtedly many will attempt to play it. In addition, there seems to be a consensus that UD isn't as great as it could have been, so people will probably turn more to buying singles/trading than buying packs. So given that we've got a card with potential from a not-as-popular set (high-ish demand and low-ish supply), $0.99 for Vileplumes is a great deal. Even in the long run, its potential will always be there, so it should always be worth more than your average useless rare.

As for how much exactly, well, I dunno.

Dichromate said:
I'm not sure if the OP intended to incite yet another banal Vileplume vs. SP argument, but in response to the actual question:

Vileplume is one of the most hyped up cards, and undoubtedly many will attempt to play it. In addition, there seems to be a consensus that UD isn't as great as it could have been, so people will probably turn more to buying singles/trading than buying packs. So given that we've got a card with potential from a not-as-popular set (high-ish demand and low-ish supply), $0.99 for Vileplumes is a great deal. Even in the long run, its potential will always be there, so it should always be worth more than your average useless rare.

As for how much exactly, well, I dunno.

Heh. Yah, I didn't exactly mean it to turn into that...

One thing I thought of, is that the reason spiritombs are so expensive is that a lot of decks ran 4 of them. A deck that uses vileplume probably only needs 2.

Rikko145 said:
To those supporting Vileplume: All I have to do is continue Spraying your Gengar Lv.X. And when I run out of Sprays? I'll use a Bebe's to get it back again. Let's see, that's 5 turns of you taking 100 Damage from a Belted DGX, while you do very little. (6 Turns if I Bebe's again!) And, I'm Lost Zoning energies as I go. That Gengar Lv.X won't last long.

Uh.... how do you bebe's search (it lets you search your deck for a pokemon) a trainer from the discard pile?

Cimurph said:
Uh.... how do you bebe's search (it lets you search your deck for a pokemon) a trainer from the discard pile?

I think he meant "until you run out of power sprays I'll use Bebee's to get it back again." We was taking about getting DGX back after level down, not power spray.

amisheskimoninja said:
So I woke up this morning and looked at Troll&Toad to buy the stuff from Undaunted I wanted. They're already sold out of VIleplumes. People bought all 50-ish between the times of midnight and 7:00 AM. Which brings me to my question: Do you think they're going to be worth that much down the road? Maybe like PA Spiritomb?

Personally I think its a terrible card because a stage 2 that can't attack is too hard to get out.

Well then why wasn't Dusknoir DP bad? It will be just like that, where it just sits on the bench, and shuts off trainers.

The Power of Three said:
Well then why wasn't Dusknoir DP bad? It will be just like that, where it just sits on the bench, and shuts off trainers.

I actually thought it WAS bad. It was to slow to get out. Sure, it was played, but not that much. At least not recently. I didn't see a single one at Nationals.

amisheskimoninja said:
Heh. Yah, I didn't exactly mean it to turn into that...

One thing I thought of, is that the reason spiritombs are so expensive is that a lot of decks ran 4 of them. A deck that uses vileplume probably only needs 2.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, and for that reason alone Vileplumes probably won't be as much as Spiritombs. We'll have to see where the price falls depending on Vileplume's metagame viability, but my guess is that it'll fall somewhere around $3-5.

Rikko145 said:

and then i flip heads on fainting spell. oh look! 2 prizes instead of shuffling a card back into your deck. super cool.

esperante said:
and then i flip heads on fainting spell. oh look! 2 prizes instead of shuffling a card back into your deck. super cool.

Skuntank G + Flash Bites = you die from poison, not direct damage.

Because its so untinkable that Gengar plays around that. And then its unthinkable that Dialga plays around Gengar playing around Dialga playing around Gengar playing around Dialga playing around Gengar playing around Dialga.

Guys, we can theorymon all we want but there are so many variables here.
Yes, Dialga is SP's best answer to Vileplume.
No, Dialga will not be in EVERY SP deck.
Yes, Vileplume WILL be played a lot.
No, Vileplume will NOT be the fastest deck around.

It's a great card definately a great card and it shud be hyped but not as hyped as it is Like it's badly over hyped

sillykyle! said:
LOL my friend pulled 1 normal and 1 reverse at the PR.

i opened my box with 4 other friends and one of them got 4
the other 3 got 2,2,3 only one of them got a rev holo

Back