Is the cartoon even any good any more?

I've noticed that many present episodes are Pikachu or the other Pokemon getting lost and Ash & Co. go searching for them. Then Team Rocket finds them takes the Pokemon Ash & Co. find Team Rocket they battle, Team Rocket blast off and then the Pokemon are safe and sound. There have been many episodes like that in the recent series. It does get boring when you keep watching it because you know whats going to happen at the end. I think that the old series had a lot of adventure and many cool battles that I still watch. Some of the recent episodes haven't been that bad, but I'm hoping they improve soon on the episodes.

"Ash and the gang are on there quest to find Ash's 2nd badge, they find a person under attack, they help him. they find out he's/she's the gym leader, Ash starts to battle for the badge, Team Rocket interrupt, they send them into the air with Pikachu and then to be continued..."

That is an example of what the animé is like, they keep it so repetitive it's funny to watch; their knowledge of the game is embarrassing.

It was good for the like first 5 episodes then it fell into the horrible, repetitive, stupid amine we all know today. It never was good and in no time soon will it be good again.

cristian_flores said:
i've noticed from a lot of people that they don't want to accept newer thing. no offense but thats a good thing. we loved it when we were young and pokemon aired on tv for the first time and we couldn't let go of it. we've developed memories over it and wish that it would never change, but it is a fact that things will change and while some people accept that others won't. I liked the dp series but they do need to step it up a notch if they want the grab the attention of their fans. the story it self is beginning to look a litle dull but the animation, and characters have vastly improved. voices however...it's ok

I agree with you somewhat. I like some of the newer aspects of the show, such as the better animation. However, I don't think the characters have improved After all this time, shouldn't Ash act like less of a bumbling, stumbling newb trainer? In the beginning it was understandable since he was just starting out and getting a feel for being a trainer, but he should have a good grasp of the concept by now. It was also more entertaining in the beginning because the viewer too was just getting a feel for how the Pokémon universe worked so both Ash and the viewer were able to grow. Ash should have been a pro in the DP series since Dawn was there to be the new trainer the viewer could grow with.

I notice a lot of the Pokémon are just using recycled personalities. Dawn's Mamoswine is clearly the new Ash's Charizard. Turtwig was exactly like Bulbasaur. I guess it can be argued that most of the Pokémon really don't have personalities to begin with. Except for Pikachu, of course.

lotusoftheleaf said:
I notice a lot of the Pokémon are just using recycled personalities. Dawn's Mamoswine is clearly the new Ash's Charizard. Turtwig was exactly like Bulbasaur. I guess it can be argued that most of the Pokémon really don't have personalities to begin with. Except for Pikachu, of course.
Actually if you really do think about it, that can be true. I think the creators of Pokemon are slowly running out of ideas, so they can't think of many things to put in the anime. I wasn't really too impressed with this season of Pokemon. Some of the episodes were fun to watch, but some were just repeats of others.

Let me put it this way... *Presses America's Got Talent Button* It has gotten terrible, and I've only seen a few episodes! Dawn, where do I start? She is ditsy, dumb, pretty much the stereotype about a blond these days.
Hasslehoff: "Script please!"
Dude: "Here you go."
Hasslehoff: "Hmm... Dawn does something dumb and makes Piplup happy... Hate it! *Punches Guy in Face*"
That pretty much summarizes her. Brock is COMPLETELY unoriginal! Where are is eyes? Can he even see where is is going? How can he cook? For all he knows, he could be in Cyrus's position! The hair style is tacky and just plain... dull, boring, and completely uninteresting.
Hasslehoff: "Brock models, step out! *50 look-alikes come out, all identical* I choose number 43."
#43: "Where am I? *Falls off stage along with 49 others.*"
Hasslehoff: "Stupid people! You never be good, ever! Rachel, dump him from the show!"
Rachel: "But sir, we have invested $100M in him..."
Hasslehoff: "Drat! We'll keep him just a little longer..."
Brock is their crutch. A rusty, rocky, broken crutch. Team Rocket, please! They remind me of Shaggy and Scooby after they eat large quantities, yet it all disappears... I won't even go to Hasslehoff for the these three IDIOTS and Ash. These four not only share stupidity, but I won't go there. I will cuss otherwise.

The show just got a bit horrible. Ash actually had good Pokemon in the Kanto and Johto. Now... All you just see is his Pokemon barely evolving in 20 episodes. The battles are not that great... Plus the older storyline is better.

I've noticed that the battles are getting shorter and shorter every time I watch it. There was one battle that barely lasted 30 seconds. :O
I also agree with Azul the older storyline was better.

Ice Arceus said:
I've noticed that the battles are getting shorter and shorter every time I watch it. There was one battle that barely lasted 30 seconds. :O
I also agree with Azul the older storyline was better.

The only reason the old storyline was better is because it was new back then.

Honestly, it looks like there is more character development within the characters in the DP series rather than the past. Also, they decided to make the anime more mature and added a few real villains like Paul and that Hunter person

paddy185 said:
I think that the Anime has gone downhill so much. I mean, Ash steals ideas for strategies from other people (Dawn in particular), and lets face it, who wants to watch an episode dedicated to a brother and sister attempting to get a Dusk Stone. Honestly, these filler episodes..... I would prefer no Anime at all. And also, why does Porygon get banned all those years ago, when in fact it was Pikachus Thunderbolt that caused it. BAN PIKACHU!!!!!! It is stupidly overpowered, yet at the same time so stupid it can't even defeat a Lairon (in the Iron Island period). And also why does Ash always have to defeat each trainer he fights? Well, to be honest he needed 2 tries to beat Gardenia, though one wasn't an official gym battle. And also, how come his Turtwig can beat a Rampardos without great difficulty when he gets owned by a Cranidos.

I agree with all of this, specifically the bold.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I humbly present you: Pokémon Error Version: Special Porygon Edition.

[Insert Boxart Here]

But yeah, the Animé just keeps getting worse. Plus, it has a negative influence on young kids! :O Some kid at Gamestop thought Johto was a new region.

Oh, and Riskbreakers, I think the hunter person died. That's making some progress, at least.

The anime should get a revamp. Dump Ash, please. Dump everyone else. Maybe keep Brock and Team Rocket and start fresh.

Have the 5th Generation boy and girl be the main characters with Brock being there as "an adult" character.

Not to mention, he and Team Rocket are the freshest characters in the stale loaf of bread that is the Pokemon anime.

Rotom479 said:
I agree with all of this, specifically the bold.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I humbly present you: Pokémon Error Version: Special Porygon Edition.

[Insert Boxart Here]

But yeah, the Animé just keeps getting worse. Plus, it has a negative influence on young kids! :O Some kid at Gamestop thought Johto was a new region.

Oh, and Riskbreakers, I think the hunter person died. That's making some progress, at least.

Death in Pokemon? UNHEARD OF!!

Seriously, Ash could've died during the first movie but all the pokemons HAD to cry for him. He should have just stayed in stone

What they should do for the Generation V TV anime series is use that main character, not Ash and make a storyline from there. Basically what the Gen V manga would be about.

The cartoon is definitely a lot worse than before. I think that has more to do with the dubbing company rather than the writing. The 4kids dubs were entertaining. The corny jokes were actually well done, and the character personalities were full of life. Then somewhere between Hoenn and Sinnoh, the series collapsed. The characters are too bland now. The show feels more childish than it ever has been. The pacing in each episode is sporadic at best, and battles take an entire episode to complete. It wouldn't be a problem if the battles were particularly entertaining to watch, but it feels as though the animation is too static and sometimes jittery (you know the animation is bad when the tacky CGI looks a million times better than the 2D animation itself). I actually think older episodes had smoother animation.

Another thing that bothers me is that the show tries to portray most smaller pokemon as "cute", but it just doesn't work! They come off as annoying rather than anything else. I believe if they want to achieve this, they should spend as much time as they do looking for locales for their movies....by spending time with pets and seeing their interactions with their environments and people, and try to emulate that for the show. It sounds crazy, I know, but I believe that would help a lot.

I think the creators of Pokemon just lost their powers of making anymore good episodes now. I would say that some of the episodes were nice and worth watchings, while some were just clones of old ones that they showed recently. -_-

The pokemon anime has been bad for awhile around like Hoenn is when it went downhill. I really only watch it anymore for the lulz.

AFTER Hoenn the show got terrible. I think the Hoenn seasons were the best. DP sucks. Galactic Battles did get a tad bit better though.

That would be awesome if the pokemon anime made a comeback this new season, but i doubt it would happen. The storylines are just bad, it feels as if i just wasted 30 minutes of my life watching something that has no purpose. Ash your 23 in Japan and 22 in the states act like it hahaha

novadragon07 said:
Maybe if ash just won for once in any of the championships. He has never advanced past the top 8 in any of the leagues or conferences. On top of that the whole never aging thing is rediclous, are we seriously made to believe ash is eternally 10 years old even though we know the grand festivals/league championships are all held once a year. Also the elite four and champion have never played a major role in anything outside of the video games, save for cynthia since I pretty sure I saw her in one of the episodes I watched. Seriously if these elite trainers are so grand and powerful how come they are more rare to see than jirachi or mew (I'm serious I think we have seen both of them more in the anime and movies more than any elite trainers). My recomendation start an anime serious involving the trainer Red from the pokemon special manga any one of those volumes would be better than every single combined episode of ashs greatest expliots. Seriously at least those plot lines go somewhere and end eventually and best of all the characters.... wait for it.... AGE (everyone has shocked look on their face).

guess who ash is based of of RED!!!!!!

For me it wasn't doing good after Johto. Then the show started to suck. Go back to how the old series was but with Galactic Battles.

I still don't get all the hate. People criticise Ash's team, but quite frankly I've never seen it so strong. Half of his team are 3-evo fully evolved, and one of the others is Pikachu, which is of course insanely awesome.

Ok, so Team Rocket is only there for comic relief, but i don't mind. They do it so well.

Back