Discussion Is M Venusaur EX XY10 any good?

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Hey everyone! So I stumbled across a new M venusaur EX that has an attack with a pretty badassed name IMO, Bloom Buster. Not sure why but I just love that name. Anyways, the attack deals 130 and 30 to each opponents benched on a flip, and you need to attach a grass and a double colorless to fully power this thing up. It definitely has potential, with forest of giant plants, but where I'm concerned about the playability is the lack of a spirit link and the hefty energy cost. You can tack on a trick coin to give you a 75% chance of flipping a heads, but you still need to waste a turn evolving. You can also kinda sorta get around energy by using max elixir, but that only works on benched basics. Tell me what you guys think about this card and if /how it's playable... Thx :D

I'm not too keen on that card because of the 4 energy cost. It'll take at least 3 turns to load it up, and by that point, a lot of decks could've dealt full damage a few times. I think Forest of Giant Plants doesn't really do much because it take so many energies to power up, it'll be a waste to evolve it first turn. If grass Pokemon had the ability to load up quickly like, for example, Fire or Water Pokemon, then I think it'd make it much better. While a spirit link would definitely make it better, considering it takes too long to load up, I'd say it's best left for casual play at best.

Trick coin does not up your flip chance it is still 49-51% you just get another chance of the same probability which does not stack onto already made coin flips.

At the risk of getting off topic here, here are the possible outcomes for flipping two coins:
  • H H
  • H T
  • T H
  • T T
You only need one heads for Trick Coin to work, and the probability of that happening is 3/4 or 75%. Though I should note that once you've flipped the first coin, the probability that the next coin flip will be heads is still only 50-50.

Personally though, I think the other M Venusaur EX is better. 4 Energy attack cost too, but I think 120 and Poison and Paralyzed is a lot better than 130 and maybe 30 to all the Bench. Not that either of them are really super competitive or anything. 4 Energy is kind of a lot to ask for; definitely play it with Mega Turbo.

At the risk of getting off topic here, here are the possible outcomes for flipping two coins:
  • H H
  • H T
  • T H
  • T T
You only need one heads for Trick Coin to work, and the probability of that happening is 3/4 or 75%. Though I should note that once you've flipped the first coin, the probability that the next coin flip will be heads is still only 50-50.

Personally though, I think the other M Venusaur EX is better. 4 Energy attack cost too, but I think 120 and Poison and Paralyzed is a lot better than 130 and maybe 30 to all the Bench. Not that either of them are really super competitive or anything. 4 Energy is kind of a lot to ask for; definitely play it with Mega Turbo.
Oh yea... I totally forgot about the Mega Turbo. It definitely isn't good, but I was just wondering how to make it better. Thx :p

Back