RSE/FRLG Is Lightning Rod useless?

MaddMoni

Still Representin' Hoenn
Is it? I mean ground/rock pokemon don't even get hit by ground moves. I caught a Cubone that has lighting rod ability. I think I should catch another one, becuase the ability lighting rod just seems completly useless for ground pokemon. :mad:
And in the new generation is supposed to raise there SP atk or Sp Def (I forget) well ALL Ground pokemon have terrible SP atk/SP DEF

RE: Is lighting Rod useless?

in doubles I can imagine it would be quite useful, since you can have a water or flying type out and not have to worry about getting hit with electric attacks. Otherwise it doesn't have much use in singles. (at least not until B/W, where it raises SpAtt, if I remember right.)

RE: Is lighting Rod useless?

^You're correct. In double battles, it diverts all Electric-type moves (except Discharge) to itself instead of the intended target. If you use Lightningrod in this way, the Pokemon with Lightningrod takes damage from the attack, unless they are Ground-type.

Starting with B/W though, Electric-types with Lightningrod (such as Zebstrika or Blitzle) do not receive damage at all if an Electric-type move is used or diverted to it (including in singles), and each hit raises its Sp. Attack by 1 stage, unless they are Ground-type.

so yeah it's not useless at all

Back