Iron Thorns, Flutter Mane Illustration Rares from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Illustration Rare versions of Iron Thorns and Flutter Mane have been revealed from Japan’s Wild Force and Cyber Judge, which will release in Japan on January 26th. We expect the cards from these sets to become part of our Temporal Forces set in March.

IMG_6398-142x200.png

IMG_6400-143x200.jpeg

Flutter Mane – Psychic – HP90
Basic Pokemon (Ancient)
Ability: Fluttering Dusk
As long as this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, your opponent’s Active Pokémon has no Abilities, except for Fluttering Dusk...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Unfortunately these cards probably won’t see too much play, flutter mane’s ability and attack just isn’t quite good enough and tyranitar’s first attack is way to risky and inconsistent for a meta deck.

But you could use flutter mane to attach to using Sada’s vitality and to help in certain matchups and use iron leaves to take the energy off them and have a consistent attack that is good into Zard, and use iron crowns to boost the damage.

I'm extremely surprised Takumi Wada is illustrating another Art Rare! I thought the Aegislash was a one-off treat from a guest artist as a cute zelda nod. Maybe his Online Illustration Exhibition cards were so popular that they god them on full time! This is a very VERY welcome surprise.

The Iron Thorns is cool but definitely overshadowed a little by the Flutter Mane, the background work is gorgeous but Iron Thorns do just be standing there.... menacingly. It's the first Art Rare from illustrator Tonji Matsuno, who debuted in Obsidian Flames/RotBF, so I'm looking forward to see what this illustrator cooks up in the future.

Back