• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Iron mill (Durant/Aggron)

4te

Aspiring Trainer
3-2-3 Aggron
4 Durant (NV)

2 Sky Arrow Bridge
2 Revive
3 Rare candy
4 Devolution spray
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 cheren
2 Super rod
4 Switch
3 rescue scarf
4 super scoop up
3 ultra ball

9 metal

37.jpg

Aggron – Metal – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Lairon

Ability: Down the Mountain
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may use this Ability. Discard the top 3 cards from your opponent’s deck.

[M][M][C] Giga Horn: 90 damage. Flip 2 coins. If both of them are tails, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 4

There is no special metal BW-on. It would be good to max out devolution spray.

-4 Special Metal

+1 Devolution Spray
+2 Juniper
+1 N

Really not a fan of how thick the Aggron line is. I would go with 3-2-3 just to optimize your chance of starting with a durant. I know you run a high switch count but you don't want to have to blow those on just switching into your preferred starter on your first turn. Another reason I like the 3-2-3 line better is that you realistically always want 4 durant in play and will only have 2 bench spots open. I would use those 2 free spots on level ball or more revives.

I would max out Lairons, take out Durants, and use FlipTini. Because Durant is OHKOd so easily.

-4 Durant
-2 Revive

+2 Lairon
+2 FlipTini
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Rescue Scarf

Try this:

-1 Aaron
-1 Aggron
-1 Switch (Three should be enough)
-1 Bianca
-2 Revive
-1 N
-2 Skyarrow Bridge (no need really w/ switch)
-1 Metal

+3 Cheren
+4 Level Ball (Turn 1 devour for at least three)
+3 Catcher/Crushing Hammer/Enhanced Hammer

The disruption card is your choice.

I had this idea also, but it will not work... You have to focus on decking out the opponent so you will not use Aggron to attack. Now he is just a bench sitter waiting to be catchered. Yes you have switch but 4 is not enough, for missing a devour is too essential. Also with using deevolution spray, you will have to watch out for the bench hitters, because once Aggron has 90 damage counters on it, you can not deevole it. :-/

Everyone has to admit, Junk Arm is what held durant together...

Back