Interesting Find

MylesProwr

Cake Trainer
I stopped by my local Target store the other day, and I found tons of suprising Theme Decks and Boosters! I took note of everything I found:

The following were normal priced, and were a couple each.

- Neo Genesis 'Hotfoot' TD
- Neo Genesis 'Cold Fusion' TD
- Base Set 'Blackout' TD
- Base Set Boosters (as WPM found)

The following were just random. They were on supersale for, like $3.00 for a Theme Deck and $1.00 for a booster.

- Ruby and Sapphire Booster
- Sandstorm 'Caravan' TD
- Team Magma - Aqua Booster
- Hidden Legends 'Forest Guardian' TD
- Bunch of FRLG Boosters

Everything else was pretty much current. I just thought that those items were unusual.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, so...

Those are ancient boosters. And in base set lies charizard. One of the most expensive collectibles. If they're priced cheap, get them only for the charizard.

eBay auctions for Base series Charizard

I don't know-- Judging by the eBay auctions, you'd be lucky to get ten bucks for a Base Charizard. (Ignore the 'buy it now' prices of $20 - $300-some-odd dollars, those will never go.) Some of the 'shadowless' and first-edition ones might go for more.

What do you mean by shadowless? I know many other collectors than eBay people who are willing to pay much more...

Shadowless is the shadow below the box that holds the picture on the older cards. Some of the base set cards that are of the oldest packs have no shadow.

This should help with any of those questions. Click Here

NIce pulls, I have that base blastoise myself. but one question still, Was there quite a bit of stock or just a little bit of each?

True, but WPM said they were all over the place so hopefully I will have them, and they wont be picked over.

MylesPrower, 3 for 3, lucky man... Not too useful nowadays, but those are some sweet pulls!

Back