Infernape Line, Pinsir, and New Illustration Rares Revealed from “Crimson Haze!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A brand new Pinsir and Infernape line were just revealed from Crimson Haze at Japan’s “Dragon King Battle” tournament! Both Pokemon will also get Illustration Rares in the set.

Pinsir-SV5a-IR-215x300.png

Infernape-SV5a-IR-213x300.png

Crimson Haze will release on March 22nd. It and April’s Mask of Change will form our Twilight Masquerade set in May...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Yes, Rain Dance has no reason to exist in any format and every version of the ability that has creative limitations is superior in its design.
I kind of understand the point, but I disagree.
Getting to Stage 2 is already painful in the Pokémon TCG, and it's weird since "evolution" is one of the core features of the Pokémon franchise in general, so once you get there you should be able to capitalize on a very powerful ability. In my opinion, big basics have no reason to exist in any format since they change drastically the nature of the franchise.

Yes, Rain Dance has no reason to exist in any format and every version of the ability that has creative limitations is superior in its design.
That's some what true, while it isn't exactly creative the cards are balanced by the stage 2 on the card, other strong excel e.g. Flaaffy/Bronzong/Eelektrik/Malamar are balanced by their stage and limitations, its also worth noting that have Energy in the hand is far more difficult than Discard or Deck.

It also isn't and end all be all for these cards to be strong, cards like gatr prime and hydragon prove this.

Which is weird comparing that the ex is at least INTENDED to be good
Was it, though? Between Turtwig not being searchable with Buddy Buddy Poffins and the low damage and deckbuilding restrictions on Torterra ex, I can't in good faith believe the developers actually wanted Torterra ex to be a good deck. It feels more like a deck that they slapped a bunch of restrictions onto because they actively wanted to be sure it DIDN'T end up being good..

I mean, maybe we'll get some crazy reveals that makes Grass-focused decks really good but I've been waiting for like 5+ years now for that to happen.

Was it, though? Between Turtwig not being searchable with Buddy Buddy Poffins and the low damage and deckbuilding restrictions on Torterra ex, I can't in good faith believe the developers actually wanted Torterra ex to be a good deck. It feels more like a deck that they slapped a bunch of restrictions onto because they actively wanted to be sure it DIDN'T end up being good..

I mean, maybe we'll get some crazy reveals that makes Grass-focused decks really good but I've been waiting for like 5+ years now for that to happen.
I agree. It seems to me that they just don't want to make a decent Grass Pokémon that counters their precious Charizard ex while still being good in other matchups yet.

My hope is Ogerpon to be good and still to be a grass type, but really it looks like is a rule for developers to make grass type weak, unplayable, bad or all at the same time. Most grass have been pretty mid so far.

Hmm...

That infernape...

Poor man's garganacl in Raging bolt at best: As it's easier to have energy in discard or deck, I'm afraid that this Infernape is outclassed by Garganacl, Sada's vitality, and turbo energize. Worse yet, stage 2... Garganacl may also be a stage 2, but Bibarel, Skwovet, and Garganacl's easier Energy access really serves as a way to alleviate the urge for sandy shocks ex in the early game when sandy shocks can't use its ability because at that stage of game, both players would have yet to see their respective opponent go to four prizes left. Besides, Garganacl has a better attack than slither wings anyway: the recoil from attack hurts slither wing more.

Allow me to try my best "N's Rhyperior impression":

3 out of 5 Geodudes...

Back