• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format In Da Future: Goodra from Forbidden Light!

I have a HA-UUUUUUUUUUGE problem.
I need more means of self-inflicting damage. Every GX deck OHKO’s me. I either need:
More HP
Or a reliable source of self-damage.
Help PLEEEEAAASE!
Are you sure you want to do this standard only?
Rainbow energy
That one training gym stadium form like Furious Fists

I have a HA-UUUUUUUUUUGE problem.
I need more means of self-inflicting damage. Every GX deck OHKO’s me. I either need:
More HP
Or a reliable source of self-damage.
Help PLEEEEAAASE!
Try Po Town, cause it'll also damage your opponents. You could also try damage mover with that, so that if you have 40 damage on a goodra (Rainbow 10+30 Po Town) You can move 30 to a goomy for healing.

Try Po Town, cause it'll also damage your opponents. You could also try damage mover with that, so that if you have 40 damage on a goodra (Rainbow 10+30 Po Town) You can move 30 to a goomy for healing.
Actually, my sole source of damage is going to be Rainbow Energy, and the good thing is, as soon as I attach the energy, Goodra is healed anyway.
This, sir, is why I play a ridiculous amount (3) of Special Charge.
Said quote is not a problem any longer.

Actually, my sole source of damage is going to be Rainbow Energy, and the good thing is, as soon as I attach the energy, Goodra is healed anyway.
This, sir, is why I play a ridiculous amount (3) of Special Charge.
Said quote is not a problem any longer.
Lol, that works too

Hi again, I'd play (This might sound crazy) a Potion because if you get damaged and you can't get an energy then it could help you get the damage boost and it also gives you an extra way to heal for more damage, for this I would take out a fairy energy because rainbow energy counts as a fairy energy or water energy anyway.

Alright then, the list has been modified to house @Yog’s Sylveon GX build!

I am gonna try this too, once the set actually drops. I find it very hard to theorycraft a deck in advance, without actually giving it a spin on the client.

You have obviously seen these by now, but how do the new Goomy & Sligoo change the equation?

#65 Goomy – Dragon – HP40
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sticky Membrane
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, the attack cost of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks is [C] more.

[Y] Ram: 10 damage.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

#66 Goomy – Dragon – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[W] Rain Splash: 10 damage.

[C][C] Flail: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.

Retreat: 2

#67 Sliggoo – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Goomy

[W][C] Absorb: 30 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.

[W][Y][C] Hammer In: 50 damage.

I quite like the sticky membrane Goomy as a way to further stall into a good set-up. That ability is underrated on Trevenant, and that one only affects basics. This is a nice little extra string in your bow. The second Goomy could work with Shining Celebi for some hijinx. Not much to say about Sligoo..

I am gonna try this too, once the set actually drops. I find it very hard to theorycraft a deck in advance, without actually giving it a spin on the client.

You have obviously seen these by now, but how do the new Goomy & Sligoo change the equation?

#65 Goomy – Dragon – HP40
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sticky Membrane
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, the attack cost of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks is [C] more.

[Y] Ram: 10 damage.

Retreat: 1

#66 Goomy – Dragon – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[W] Rain Splash: 10 damage.

[C][C] Flail: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.

#67 Sliggoo – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Goomy

[W][C] Absorb: 30 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.

[W][Y][C] Hammer In: 50 damage.

I quite like the sticky membrane Goomy as a way to further stall into a good set-up. That ability is underrated on Trevenant, and that one only affects basics. This is a nice little extra string in your bow. The second Goomy could work with Shining Celebi for some hijinx. Not much to say about Sligoo..

The Sticky Membrane Goomy will be the one I’m using. I think that Goodra has too little health to make the other one with Shining Celebi actually as decent as what I have now.
You’re right, the Sliggoo affects nothing. Division would still stand in most cases.

This will really only change the equation for my opponent, but this means I might want a Goomy start instead of an Eevee.

That insults me.
That is why, gentlemen, we play 2 copies of professor's letter with a Zoroark GX draw engine.
Can I say that goomy is actually pretty interesting with its ablility. It messes up attack costs for other offensive mons and can stall for charging.

Back