I'm starting a fan rally to bring back Firefly (Joss Whedon's) Please help me

Have you seen Serenity movie or Firefly show?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

ShadowSong

Never giving up
Anyone here who has not seen Joss Whedon's Serenity, WATCH IT NOW!!! Some of you may remeber Firefly, the cancelled tv show that Serenity is based off of. Most of us won't. Anyways, here's the thing.

Firefly after only one season was cancelled. Joss Whedon ,the director and writer of Firefly were crushed, as was the cast and fans. The fans then rallyed up to make a Firefly movie to bring it back. They raised money, signed petitions, and all that. Finally it happened. Serenity was made. A cancelled tv show does not become a major motion picture unless the director, cast, and fans believe beyond reason. Tv killed them, yet here they are. Serenity should not exist. But it does, and it is the best movie in the 'verse.

For those who have not seen it, here is what it is all about. The genre is sci-fi/western. The cast includes Summer Glau, Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Sean Mather ,and more. Joss Whedon (the director and writer) also wrote and directed Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show, Angel tv show, and wrote the Astonishing X-men comic books.

Here is the description of Serenity (the back of the dvd)
  A passenger with a deadly secret. Six rebels on the run. An assassin in pursuit. When the renegade crew of Serenity agrees to hide a fugitive on their ship, they find themselves in an action-packed battle between the relentless military might of a totalitarian regime who will destroy anything - or anyone - to get the girl back and the bloodthirsty creatures who roam the uncharted areas of space. But, the greatest danger of all may be on their ship. From the mind of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) comes a new edge-of-your-seat adventure loaded with explosive battles, gripping special effects and fantastic new worlds.

River Tam, the "passenger" is a mentally traumatized 17 year old psychic and with her brother, Simon, they will overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Of course, with help from the rest of the crew.

Serenity is extremely funny, Joss always makes a serious situation into a funny one or vice versa.

This was a very poor description of Serenity, please see it. it is rated PG-13, I promise you will love it.

Anyways, what this whole thing is about. They kicked Firefly off the tv, it is time to bring it back. Just like what happened before with the making of the movie, I am going to do it for a Firefly Season 2. Sign petitions, online and actual. Raise money for the set and all that. Everthing I can possibly do to help bring Firefly back.

Anyone who is interested in helping me, please PM me.

Also for all you people who have not yet set foot in the Firefly universe, you can buy Firefly Season 1 on DVDm and you can also rent Serenity. Also, before you watch the actual Serenity movie, go to bonus features on the dvd, and go to Joss Whedon's Introduction, he will tell you about Firefly and how Serenity came to be. It is only about 4 minues long. Then watch the movie. You will love it.

Please post here if you have seen Serenity. Thank you for support.
Also, go to Serenitymovie.com to learn more.

RE:  I'm starting a fan rally to bring back Firefly (Joss Whedon's) Please help me

Has no one seen Serenity or the Firefly tv show? It's the best movie and tv show in the whole 'verse.

Back