I'm having some Wi-Fi issues...

Mora

Don't Panic
I'm a little confused about how to play online. I'm following the guide on the Nintendo Wi Fi website, and when I am trying to set up a connection from the White 2 title screen, I get an error message saying it can't connect to the wireless access point. What do I do? I'm pretty sure I have everything I need for Wi Fi. I have a router, a modem, and an internet connection (duh).

I'll be glad to provide additional details if necessary.

RE: Wi Fi issues

It says something about an access point. I don't remember a number or anything, but I'll check when I get a chance.

Well do you know your security type for your wifi?

No, and I tried typing in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and I got the 'Internet cannot display this page' page.

Some types of security types require you to use Advanced Connection. I had to do that for the router I have on my DS.

First go to Internet Options under System Settings. hit Connection Settings then tap where it says Advanced SetUp at the bottom. Choose one of the connection slots then proceed as normal.

I'm not sure what's changed, but now when I get on, the Netgear installation pops up in the browser. I do the setup process, and it sasy "not able to connect to the Internet with your current settings". It lists rebooting the hardware and checking the login settings as troubleshooting suggestions (which I've tried). Also, the error code now reads "No access point in range." That's not what it said earlier, though.

King Arceus said:
First go to Internet Options under System Settings. hit Connection Settings then tap where it says Advanced SetUp at the bottom. Choose one of the connection slots then proceed as normal.

I see Internet Options on the Control Panel, but nothing about anything else. Internet Options yields a window with several tabs such as Security, Privacy, Connections, etc.

For now set everything to open on your router until you figure out how to secure it. As long as you have Norton 360 you should not have any problems as it blocks anyone trying to use your wireless. You need your IP address WEP key if you use it your password if you use WPA your DNS numbers and Gateway numbers. You need to manually setup your information the first time but after that all you need is your WEP or WPA code if you use that XD.:) For now leave your router open on everything. This way you can use Wi-Fi. If you have Norton 360 as I said you can leave your router that way as long as you keep it updated you will be fine XD.:)

Back