I'm a Bit Confused About the Upcoming Rotation?

SplitHeavens

Aspiring Trainer
So, right now, the most legal set is from Next Destinies and on, right?

But I've been hearing stuff about Black and White being legal in a NEW format starting sometime next year. Can someone explain what this is all about, exactly?
Will it be the new "standard" format that is played in Leagues?

Also, when is the first scheduled event for this season, has it "started" yet in terms of points and official events? I'm a returning player and very interested in at least going to Nationals this year.

Thanks.

RE: I'm a bit confused about the new/upcoming rotation.

OK...

Yes the current standard format is Next Destinies on

Next year there well be a Black & White on format but it's a secondary so it's not going to be the main format

Leagues are usually unlimited.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Leagues are usually unlimited.

I guess I'm confused. I thought Leagues are the ones held officially and are events that eventually lead to City/Regional/National and that they use the modified legal format.

Leagues are for fun only, they are not a competition. Pokémon league = Pokémon fan club. You can play anything you want, or not play at all and just watch.

Teal said:
Leagues are for fun only, they are not a competition. Pokémon league = Pokémon fan club. You can play anything you want, or not play at all and just watch.

What he said plus leagues are a good place for testing your decks before tournaments.

Teal said:

Ah, okay. So what are the legal modified events called?
And about when is the first events going to take place?

SplitHeavens said:
Teal said:

Ah, okay. So what are the legal modified events called?
And about when is the first events going to take place?

In order from smallest to biggest, there's end of league tourneys, cities, states, regionals, nationals, and worlds. The next one kind of depends on whether there will be a league tourney in your area but if there isn't the next tournament's Regionals.

From what I read, anyone can get into Nationals with enough points that you accumulate through participating in official events, right?
How often do these events take place? I remember before that they had Battle Roads and whatnot. The only thing I've been to in the past was a pre-release and never an actual tournament.

Yeah, you need a certain amount of Play! Points to play in Nationals. You get these points from participating in league seasons, Prereleases, and all the other tournaments as well and the amount you get from each varies because of the size, etc.

This is a link that tells when the general times are for the various tournaments for the year will happen: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/

dmaster out.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Teal said:

What he said plus leagues are a good place for testing your decks before tournaments.

Agreed. I joined a League just to test out my deck and to see what others are hooked on.
I like to watch how other players react in a PVP. Also in my league we have a Mini Tournament just for fun.
That way we can see how well we can do.
Other players can give out Good pointers and its ok to ask others for help :)

Later gator

Like everyone else said:
Join a league and keep an ear out for the next tournament.
Or league hasn't had any tourneys yet, I think the first one is cities in October sometime.

JD.

jessedbiz2013 said:
Like everyone else said:
Join a league and keep an ear out for the next tournament.
Or league hasn't had any tourneys yet, I think the first one is cities in October sometime.

JD.

Cities is December through February I believe. Regionals is in October but it depends on your area and country.

Back