iisnumber12's Top 4 Regionals Report!

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Hey guys, I'm going to type up my Regionals report. I was very fortunate to get Top 4 and I'd like to tell you about my trip to where I got.

mail
This is the deck I used. It is a speedy deck focused on Mewtwo EX, Roserade, and Eelektrik. I also capitalize on cards like Emolga, Raikou EX, and Zekrom EX to help my matchups. I don't have the best memory so this might be pretty short, but on with the report.

Round 1 vs Emmet W w/ Mewtwo EX/Eelektrik
I am extremely disappointed I had to play against one of my friends in the first round. It was even worse that it was a mirror match that had a high number of luck factors in it. I go first and I believe I start with Emolga. I don't have any supporters, but I do have a Level Ball for Roserade. I use Call For Family to realize that in my prize cards were my Roselia and 3 of my Double Colorless Energy. I choose to get 2 Tynamo as I usually would to make my opponent think I have 2 Eelektriks and a Supporter. Emmet opened with Mewtwo. He plays out a bunch of his hand getting 2 Tynamos, then plays an N. I show him my hand and he's not that upset because he didn't have a different supporter anyways. I'm pretty sure he just passes. I am able to get a DCE and a Mewtwo, so I catcher up one of his Tynamos and KO it knowing he would have to destroy his field to get the Revenge KO. He doesn't manage to get the KO, but he does play another N and sets up a bit more. We both draw dead off the N and I proceed to set up Eels and put a Raikou on the board. We draw and do little for a bunch of turns, but I am able to get 3 Energies on my Raikou and pick off one of his Eelektirks. He hits a supporter and KOs my Mewtwo after playing a bunch of cards putting it at 4-4. I then N him and pick off another Eel. He plays Super Rod and puts down 2 more Tynamos and KOs an Emolga. I draw pass not being able to set up a Mewtwo with enough energies to KO him. He catchers my Mewtwo that I had misplayed and benched putting it at 1-3 prizes. I set up a Mewtwo because I can now retreat my Raikou because I attached last turn, and play an N. I KO his Mewtwo with mine. I'm really scared at that point because he has 2 Eels and an active Emolga. He doesn't have anything and catchers my Eel and goes to call for family and I show hit the DCE for game. GG
1-0

Round 2 vs Alex Flamm w/ Darkrai EX/Mewtwo EX
He goes first and is able to Dark Patch a couple energies onto the board so I know I'm in for a rough game. I had opened lone Raikou and I am able to get a Tynamo and Emolga, but I whiff the switch to Call For Family. He rips a Mewtwo, DCE, Catcher out of nowhere and catchers my Tynamo. He knocks me out and I send up Emolga. I N and Call For Family to get 2 more Tynamos. He, of course, has the catcher and gets another KO. I set up a Mewtwo DCE and even out the prizes. He drops another Mewtwo DCE and KOs me. I send up Emolga and bench a Mewtwo. I have an N and a Juniper in my hand and I need the DCE. He has a 5 card hand. I know I need the DCE this turn to even have a shot at winning, so I Juniper. I hit the DCE and KO him. He drops the Mewtwo, Dark, Energy Switch to win. GG
1-1

Round 3 vs ? w/ Rayeels
Rayeels is one of my tougher matchups so I'm kinda worried knowing I need to win out to guarantee top cut. I go second with an active Emolga. He gets out a few Tynamo and attaches a Prism to Rayquaza EX. I am able to get 2 Tynamos and a Mewtwo DCE but no catcher. I hit him for 60. He attaches and hits me for 60. I am able to get DCE, Switch, Double Motor next turn to KO his Rayquaza EX! He puts down a Mewtwo and motors 2 Energies onto it and Retreats for it. Forgetting about weakness, he catchers my Emolga and KOs it (I'm not sure how he did, but I know he did it legally). I am baffled, and I KO him with my Mewtwo. He sends up a Tynamo, benches a Rayquaza EX and passes. I switch, motor, and attach DCE. I play a catcher and win the game on turn 4. Wooo! GG
2-1

Round 4 vs Arjun K w/ Darkrai EX/Terrakion/Roserade/Bouffalant/Sableye/Hammers
I don't remember this game too well. All I know is that it was pretty close and I won pretty much because I loaded energies onto a Mewtwo and got a Turn 1 Pokémon Center after he discarded his 1 Skyarrow. I can't believe I had to play against another one of my friends. BTW, Arjun, Emmet, and Alex Hedge made an agreement to beat me if they played against me. 2 down, 1 to go. GG
3-1

Round 5 vs/ ? w/ Darkrai EX/Terrakion/Sableye
We both drew really good and played the matchup regularly. I had the better matchup because of Pokémon Center and I won because of it :D. Not to much to say, he killed Eels and I OHKOed Darkrais. GG
4-1

Round 6 vs/ ? w/ Mewtwo EX/Eelektrik/Zekrom/Raikou
He got a Turn 2/3 Bolt Strike and I was sure I was going to lose. I then realize that if I put down Pokémon Center he can't get the Mewtwo KO next turn because of not being able to retreat. I KO his Zekrom with Mewtwo. He misses the return KO and I am able to KO an Eel with Raikou. He then gets the Mewtwo KO putting the Prizes at 3/4. I am able to KO the Mewtwo putting it at 2/3. He doesn't know that I can't get the Mewtwo KO next turn and KOs an Eel with Raikou. I catcher a Mewtwo and KO it with my Mewtwo. GG
5-1

I make Top Cut as 4th seed and see I'm playing against my Round 5 opponent.

EDIT:
Slops:
Pokebeach for deleting half my report.

I did NOT discard my sky arrow. In fact, I didn't play it because I wanted to wait for you to play your stadium down first. The game went like this:

I go first, got the T2 Darkrai, and start spearing all the way. You catcher KO my roselia or something, or you hit my darkrai, and I drop Bouff like a pro and KO you. It pretty much went back and forth from there, but you N'd me into a Mewtwo, and then I drew 2 Ultra Ball.

I wrote a ten paragraph report and it all got deleatde :(. Great job though.

Back