Pokemon Ideas for New Pokémon and Type Combinations

I had an idea/hope for a Dark/Ice Sabretooth line with icicle fangs.

Terra Force said:
Guts, you are a genius!

I'm still waiting on a bunch of creatures to be made into Pokemon that STILL haven't been done!

Such as a... Koala, Dolphin, Platypus, Gila Monster, Capybara, Llamas, Peafowl, Smilodon, Axolotl, Aye-Aye, Blobfish, Dumbo Octopus, Echidna, Naked Mole Rat, Purple Frog, Proboscis Monkey, Shoebill, Tarsier, Wolffish, and... The list goes on...

Not sure about the typings for all of these guys, though...

Raikou could be said to be a Smilodon

Terra Force said:
Guts, you are a genius!

I'm still waiting on a bunch of creatures to be made into Pokemon that STILL haven't been done!

Such as a... Koala, Dolphin, Platypus, Gila Monster, Capybara, Llamas, Peafowl, Smilodon, Axolotl, Aye-Aye, Blobfish, Dumbo Octopus, Echidna, Naked Mole Rat, Purple Frog, Proboscis Monkey, Shoebill, Tarsier, Wolffish, and... The list goes on...

Psyduck and Golduck are both Platypus too.

Terra Force said:
Guts, you are a genius!

I was thinking, is Kangaskan a kangaroo? I don't it think looks like one.

I may as well share some ideas of mine.

-A Fighting/Fairy Type minotaur line. It should be a Pseudo-Legendary line in my opinion.
-A Rock/Grass Type two stage Fossil Pokemon line based off the American Mountain Deer.
-A Rock/Fire Type Pokemon based off a volcano.
-A Fairy/Flying Type bird Pokemon with a new Ability I like to call "Fierce Wind", which powers up wind-based moves like Fairy Wind and Silver Wind.
-A Steel/Ice Type mirror Pokemon. It will be very useful against Dragons and Fairies, but still vulnerable to Fighting and Fire mons.
-A Ghost/Dark Type Bogeyman.
-An Electric/Dark Type wolf to go along with a wolf trio I have in mind.
-A Dark/Ice Type starving wolf line based off the alleged Burigaron rumours a while back for X & Y.
-A Dark/Fairy Type three stage dog line based off Cerberus.
-A Poison/Electric Type cephalopod line.
-A Grass/Water Type sea sponge Pokemon.
-A Grass/Dragon Type Legendary.
-A Psychic Type unicorn.
-A Bullet Bill-esque Steel/Dark Type three stage line.
-A few vampires based off Antasma, Marceline, and/or Count Dracula.

Keeper of Night said:
HoOhLugia said:

Yes, Kangaskhan is a kangaroo.
...What did you think it was? 0_o

I don't know... It's facial structure isn't much of a kangaroo to me.
I've seen plenty of real kangaroos, and Kangaskhan doesn't make me think it is one.
But the pouch...? Yes, that may change my mind.

HoOhLugia said:
Keeper of Night said:

I've seen plenty of real kangaroos, and Kangaskhan doesn't make me think it is one.

If Blastoise is a turtle because it has a shell, Diglett is a mole because it sticks out of the ground etc..then Kangaskhan is just as much a kangaroo from a single extremely recognizable feature like the pouch.

I mean its not like Golducks body structure or pretty much anything bar its beak imply duck and or platypus, but saying its probably based on either of those isn't any more mindblowing either, I think xD

Mitja said:
HoOhLugia said:

If Blastoise is a turtle because it has a shell, Diglett is a mole because it sticks out of the ground etc..then Kangaskhan is just as much a kangaroo from a single extremely recognizable feature like the pouch.

I mean its not like Golducks body structure or pretty much anything bar its beak imply duck and or platypus, but saying its probably based on either of those isn't any more mindblowing either, I think xD

Hmm, you're right. It's not a kangaroo, it's a Pokemon! I guess I should have thpugh of that. (Oops! Going off topic...)

i want to see a new fire and water type that is based off of steam and has the moves scald, rain dance, overheat, mist, and the ability flame body
i just think that would be a nice looking pokemon

dakdak432 said:
i want to see a new fire and water type that is based off of steam and has the moves scald, rain dance, overheat, mist, and the ability flame body
i just think that would be a nice looking pokemon

we do have the as-of-yet unrevealed Volcanion who is a Fire/Water type and seems to be based off steam machinery, which does learn Overheat (we don't know if it learns any of the others but it's very likely to learn Scald, altho it does get a new move Steam Eruption which seems to be a better Scald). We also don't know about it's ability yet.

One thing I forgot to mention is I really want a Fairy/Dragon type. I imagine it to be a very mystic, Dragonair-esque thing. (they could make a split Dragonair evo which could be super awesome)

Keeper of Night said:
HoOhLugia said:

Breloom is also a Kangaroo.

I just realized that Wooper, and maybe Mudkip are Axolotls.
No. Just Wooper.

Uuhh... I'm pretty sure they're just ducks, as neither of them have a Beaver-like tail. (After all, "Duck" is in the names).

Blob55 said:
Uuhh... I'm pretty sure they're just ducks, as neither of them have a Beaver-like tail. (After all, "Duck" is in the names).

Ducklett is a duck as it is able to fly which is not the case for Psyduck and Golduck. They both have duck bills but do not have wings to fly. As far as my knowledge goes their is only one creature with a duck bill that can't fly and that's a Platypus. They're Pokemon so they won't perfectly match their real life counterparts. But I don't want to get to far off topic so I'll leave it at that.

jstar21 said:
Blob55 said:

Ducklett is a duck as it is able to fly which is not the case for Psyduck and Golduck. They both have duck bills but do not have wings to fly. As far as my knowledge goes their is only one creature with a duck bill that can't fly and that's a Platypus. They're Pokemon so they won't perfectly match their real life counterparts. But I don't want to get to far off topic so I'll leave it at that.

I thought they were based off the Kappa.

I am the water and ice user . So my idea is

1. Water / Fairy - Mermaid pokemon ( it's not something like Gorebyss)
2. Water / Grass - Lotus (it's not something like Lotad )
3. Ice / Fighting - Yeti
4. Ice / Fairy - snow rabbit
5. Ice / Flying - snow owl

Back