XY Ideas for Future Pokémon Generations

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
Post your ideas for gen-related things. Think about regions, fitting names, themes, etc.

My Idea:

Seeing as Kalos was Based on France, I think there should be more regions based on actual countries.

Australian Region Named : Austris

Pokémon: A Koala pokemon, Kangaroo Pokémon, Evolution to Heliolisk as he is a frill neck lizard.

Region Description: A Vast region with Deserts, Volcanoes, Bustling Cities and Country land! There is also an Island Where a Gym leader Resides (Based off Tasmania)

This gen would be based off Australia. (Obviously)

RE: Pokemon Gen Ideas!

I would do something different: new adventure, old regions.
We still get the new regions but I would like to know what is going on in the old ones. That why I would create a game with new plot, new pokemon, new stuff like riding Pokémon, Pokémon amie etc. but everything would take a place in Kanto and Johto. I'm still curious if Blaine built a new gym, if Cinnabar Island still abandoned, what kind of places appeared or disappeared etc.

Vulpix said:
We still get the new regions but I would like to know what is going on in the old ones. That why I would create a game with new plot, new pokemon, new stuff like riding Pokémon, Pokémon amie etc. but everything would take a place in Kanto and Johto. I'm still curious if Blaine built a new gym, if Cinnabar Island still abandoned, what kind of places appeared or disappeared etc.

I highly doubt a new generation would feature an old region, Game Freak seems to like having a central theme for each gen, and they design the new games with that theme in mind, which pretty much requires a new region. I'd like to see this happen mid gen, though.

I'd like to see a region based on my home state of Maryland. Not really sure on what to call it, but the regional design would be somewhat interesting. Environmentally, it'd be somewhat like a mirrored Kalos, a central plains area, a coastal area surrounding a huge bay to the east, and mountains to the west. The central area would have several larger cities which are all interconnected (Baltimore, D.C., Annapolis, and Frederick IRL), as well as a rural area south of Annapolis. There would then be two paths leading to the coastal area, one which proceeds northeast from Baltimore and wraps around the bay, and another east of Annapolis which crosses the bay by a huge bridge (the Chesapeake Bay Bridge), and the coastal area itself would run along one long path leading south along the bay and then east, passing through several towns and more farm land, ending at a beach resort area (Ocean City). The mountain area, meanwhile, would proceed west and then northwest from Frederick, head through several cities, caves, and mountains, and then end in a snowy town (Frostburg) and a large lake area to the southwest (Deep Creek Lake).

I can't think of many species of Pokemon that don't already exist as a Pokemon. One that they could do is a Marlin, as Ocean City is famous for them, and there'd probably be several other Water type families. I can think of plenty of older Pokemon that would be perfect for the region, though:

Bidoof
Bibarel
Pidove
Tranquil
Unfezant
Pachirisu
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Yanma
Yanmega
Venipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Ponyta
Rapidash
Wingull
Pelipper
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Trubbish
Garbodor
Rufflet
Braviary
Krabby
Kingler
Corsola
Staryu
Starmie
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Dwebble
Crustle
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Cubchoo
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Beartic
Cryogonal
Swinub
Piloswine
Mamoswine
Lapras

Since Kalos is based off of France, I'd like to see settings of Russia (lots of space, Mountains, ice fishing, tundra, etc.), the British Isles or Carribean (island hopping, lots of grass, water Pokemon, archer Pokemon, chain mail Pokemon, tea Pokemon), Italy/Greece (can imagine a supermodel Pokemon and a legionnaire Pokemon for Italy, an Urn pokemon for Greece, and lots of fossils or legendaries), Egypt, middle east, or Africa (pyramid Pokemon, pharoah Pokemon, a sphinx Pokemon, a minaret Pokemon, a magic carpet Pokemon, a genie Pokemon, a water spirit Pokemon, a sand monster Pokemon, a mirage Pokemon that could be like Ditto, etc), or China (Great Wall Pokemon, chopsticks Pokemon, rice bowl Pokemon, new flower Pokemon, ink/calligraphy Pokemon, various character Pokemon like the Unown, rice Pokemon, etc.).

Bolt the Cat said:
Vulpix said:

I highly doubt a new generation would feature an old region, Game Freak seems to like having a central theme for each gen, and they design the new games with that theme in mind, which pretty much requires a new region. I'd like to see this happen mid gen, though.
Well, personally I even doubt the new generation will take a place. After seeing all Pokémon of the Gen VI, I think that GF may be tired of creating new pokemon.

Vulpix said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Well, personally I even doubt the new generation will take a place. After seeing all Pokémon of the Gen VI, I think that GF may be tired of creating new pokemon.

They do actually have around 100 new designs, it's just that around 25 or so are Mega Evolutions, which they seem to think constitute new Pokemon.

In the next few gens, I can see them having less emphasis on Mega forms and have around 90-100 new Pokemon and around 10-15 Megas.

Does anyone think it would be cool if we actually got Ruby and Sapphire sequels instead of remakes? IMO, that would be a clever move for GF because it's bringing something new to the table while still pleasing everyone with what they've been hoping for. I think those would be really cool games.

Another idea I had was using a previous region (Sinnoh would probably be best if Hoenn was to be remade) and laying out a brand new story WITH brand new pokemon as well. It could be a sequel as I mentioned above, or it could take place way behind or after the original events. This would treat the region as a brand new one.

Just some ideas. I doubt GF would ever do it, but A Link Between Worlds sort of gave me these ideas.

P.DelSlayer said:
Vulpix said:

They do actually have around 100 new designs, it's just that around 25 or so are Mega Evolutions, which they seem to think constitute new Pokemon.

In the next few gens, I can see them having less emphasis on Mega forms and have around 90-100 new Pokemon and around 10-15 Megas.

Seeing as Kalos didin't bring us a lot of new pokemon, it wouldn't be surprising if we got few megas. There's not many Kalos pokemon to work with.

Jakeremix said:
Does anyone think it would be cool if we actually got Ruby and Sapphire sequels instead of remakes? IMO, that would be a clever move for GF because it's bringing something new to the table while still pleasing everyone with what they've been hoping for. I think those would be really cool games.

Another idea I had was using a previous region (Sinnoh would probably be best if Hoenn was to be remade) and laying out a brand new story WITH brand new pokemon as well. It could be a sequel as I mentioned above, or it could take place way behind or after the original events. This would treat the region as a brand new one.

Sequels have been a discussed thing and I can actually see them working.

If we got actual remakes, there would most likely take some inspiration from Emerald.
However, the only things that we might be able to get from Emerald would be the battle tents and battle frontier... which could be included anyway.
It would be hard for them to keep the main story of R/S whilst including part of Emerald's, since it would just be "Groudon/Kyogre attack... Wake up Rayquaza!" which is like a second rate Emerald.

I do have to say however, there were a lot of nods towards Hoenn in X/Y... Possible hint?

I'd like a region based on Russia, also. More tundra, mountains, caves, valleys, crags, ravines, you know. That sort of thing. I'd like a Water starter or just a regular water type to be a mosquito larvae. A Water/Bug wriggler could transform into a winged maggot and finally into a mosquito. For a Grass starter I'd like a shrew-type thing. For the Fire type, I'd take a salamander with a ridiculously long, slobbery, poisonous, tongue. Here's a list of old Pokemon that I'd be happy to see in my snowy Region.
-Zigzagoon
-Sentret
-Bidoof
-Slakoth
-Pichu
-Azurill
-Zubat
-Poochyena
-Nincada
-Wurmple
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Budew
-Flabebe
-Dedenne
-Klink
-Voltorb
-Shroomish
-Oddish
-Magnemite
-Lapras
-Cubchoo
-Bergmite
-Snover
-Serviper
-Zangoose
-Absol
-Yanma
-Clauncher
-Skrelp
-Krabby
-Mime Jr.
-Abra
-Machop
-Tediursa
-Phanpy
-Koffing
-Grimer
-Trubbish
-Rhydon
-Geodude
-Elekid
-Magby
-Smoochum
-Eevee
-Ekans
-Gibble
-Sandshrew
-Ralts
-Cacnea
-Swinub
-Snorunt
-Sneasel
-Horsea
-Ponyta
-Togepi
-Snubbul
-Milktank
-Tauros
-Woobat

Vulpix said:

I support this ideia.
In my case, I'd like to see a game in which we can explore all those unknown islands from Hoenn and also revisit the Sevii archipelago and (visit) the Orange islands with its own League and the rules we've seen in the anime (Gyms but with aspects from Pokeatlhon(?)) , while adding new Pokémon (but dropping Mega-Evolutions, to hell with that!!!) and knowing to what happened since we last visited them (and letting us see the former player characters, not just knowing they're far away).

This is only my opinion but I really can't stand the ideia of making new regions based on this or that country. Just like Eevee and its evolutions it would always spark the desire to, one way or another, have all countries represented in Pokémon world (with Eevee it's the wish to see one evolution of each type).
It's already too hard for me trying to cope with ficitonal regions being mixed with Pkdex mentions of Guyane, China, Pacific Ocean, etc., imagine if now we would have (more) regions based directly on real contries and still having those references. I've made a thread about Pokémon that don't look like they belong in their region based on the location set region is based and the concept behind that Pokémon's design but I must say that I'd rather like to have a region with Pokémon based from various real animals form different countries than one region based on "X" contry with more than 50% of that region's Pokémon also being based on animals from that country. On a side note, I hated Isshu and I'm not liking what I see from Kalos; one of the reasons why I've liked Pokémon is because the regions were an interpretation of locations from Japan and it had that feeling.
Regions based on real life contries will spark nationalistic feelings and that will only divide the fans.

Jakeremix said:

I'm in for it. After playing Sapphire and then Emerald I'm pretty much done with Team Aqua and Magma, despite the fact that I've liked the plot in those games, namely Emerald with the two secret bases and having the possibility of revisiting them and pretending that I was the owner of those bases. :D

I'd love to see something like a return to Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova kind of thing ... advance the timeline say ten years, do a lot of callbacks like they did in B2/W2 (like the Straiton City gym) ... create some new Pokemon even for that region, because we know Pokemon can just come into being (like Klink, etc), be genetically and/or cybernetically altered, and so forth. New gym leaders as some retired, remodeled gyms ... A DARK GYM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ...

I'd really like a region based off of either a rain forest/tropical island, a place in South America, or based off of a savanna deserty area in Africa.

I would love it if eggs had the coloration/pattern of the Pokemon that's going to be born.
Anyone remember the Elekid egg?

200px-Elekid_Egg.png

What if we implemented this into every Pokemon?

98Greener said:
I would love it if eggs had the coloration/pattern of the Pokemon that's going to be born.

200px-Elekid_Egg.png

It'd be too difficult to program and would take the surprise out of hatching an Egg.

Bolt the Cat said:
98Greener said:

200px-Elekid_Egg.png

It'd be too difficult to program and would take the surprise out of hatching an Egg.

There's barely any surprise as it is.

I'd want to see a favela-styled city. It could even be the region's largest one - a favela should be frickin' massive imo.

Narrow, dark alleys and a few of those big streets, bridges connecting houses... It would be simply beautiful!

The city should also have lots of sidequests and little, unique stores, a bit like Lumiose, but with a completely different look and a bigger area. I wonder what kind of a Boutique it would have? ;3

Bolt the Cat said:
Atadiusti said:
There's barely any surprise as it is.

Only if you breed it yourself.

Even if you don't breed it yourself. You can't send an egg in a Wonder Trade, so odds are if you're accepting a regular trade with someone, you have a good idea what the egg might contain. There's always a chance your trading partner is a jerk, but that's an experience to learn from, and you're never surprised again.

I've always wanted a Pokemon where you could travel back in time to the age of the fossil Pokemon!! With themes being more present in the games like beauty in gen 6, I would love for them to continue on that and even expand on those ideas. It may seem a little dark but a Pokemon game with a post war destruction sort of theme where most of the region is in tatters, but post game everything is rebuilt and is basically a new region. I think I should stop, my imagination is all over the place :p

Your idea isn't bad, in fact I really like it. Keep in mind, however, that it's a children's game. They're going as far as to implement things like teams that want to reform the world, in Gen VI they actually mentioned a past war and a nuclear bomb (OK, its Pokemon version). But to make you progress through a world that is already war-torn... it kinda goes astray from the main idea of the games, which is usually the concept of "we must fight for what we love". Even PMD Darkness/Time/Sky, which features a travel in an apocalyptic world, follows that concept.
But these apart, I'd like to play a Pokemon game like that myself.

Back