I Need a Book Recomendation

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
Okay, well as the summer comes to a close and school starts up, we all have things we need to do. My English teacher requires us to read a book of our choosing once every grading period. Well I need a book, there are two requirements. It has to be at least 250 pages and be from an American writer in the last 30 years. So I'm looking for something a little lighter, preferably something science fiction/fantasy, but as long as its a story and interesting, it'll be fine. So I'm sick of reading boring books, so instead of just looking for some on my own, why not ask everyone here? So I need your help, tell me your book recommendations, I'd love to hear them all!

Twilight series. You'll here about it a lot. It's a good book. Don't watch the movie and ruin it though.

If you haven't read it before, The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt is an awesome book. It makes for a great read with over 250 pages, and won the Newberry Honor Award for 2007.

I read the first Twilight a while ago, I didn't really care to much for it. I know about all the hype, sadly I'm at an all boys school and will get ripped to shreds for writing a paper on it. I know, that's just not exactly how I want to start the years, I may read more in my free time, it's nice to see that some guys like it, I always thought it was kind of a girl book, guess you can't judge a book by its cover (pun intended :D). Okay anyway I'd naturally love more book recommendations, I'll keep them all in mind and do a little research this weekend!

You could read Transformers Revenge of the Fallen by Alan Dean Foster.I just got done reading it yesterday and it is a whole lot better than the movie.

I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians after hearing it on here first and then going to the bookstore and having someone recommend me to it there. It's a decent read, but I'm not sure how easy your book requirement has to be.

dmaster out.

The Septimus Heap series is good. I'm sure it meets the requirements, lots of people in my school love it.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series and the Pendragon Series. I have read these books multiple times each and loved them every time.

I found out some new information, it can't have been made into a movie. So Twilight is out, thanks for all the advice everyone, I'd really love some more

Percy Jackson and the Olypians is always a good read. And anoher I love is the 39 clues series. The first is a bit dull in the very very beginning but quickly get interesting. I have read the irst 4 3 times and still love them. Am begging my mom for the 5th. So yeah, try the 39 clues.

More good books are:
The "Eragon" Series
The "Harry Potter" Series
The "Fire within" series by Chris D'lacey.
Where the Red Fern Grows.

Juliacoolo said:
The "Fire within" series by Chris D'lacey.

The Fire within sounds good, what's that about?

And the book cannot have been made into a movie, so out goes twilight and harry potter.

Juliacoolo said:
Twilight series. You'll here about it a lot. It's a good book. Don't watch the movie and ruin it though.
ewewewewew
that book is written horribly.

the glass castle by jeannette walls
(only if you are at least 13.... maybe older though)

Read the Harry Potter series like Juliacoolo said they are really good! Another good book is The Egypt Game. Just not sure how many pages... To Kill A Mockingbird is also a great book.

Shadow Ice said:
Read the Harry Potter series like Juliacoolo said they are really good! Another good book is The Egypt Game. Just not sure how many pages... To Kill A Mockingbird is also a great book.

Not allowed to read Harry potter, I've read them all, plus I can't read books made into a movie. So Yes the Harry Potter books are great!

Try "Phantoms". I don't remeber who the author is. It's a good horror book.

I haven't finished it yet. But so far it's about A 12-13 year old girl moves in with her 20ish sister who's a doctor, then all of a sudden they're alone with like 3-5 cops.
It gives you goose bumps. c:
Idk if you'll be able to find it. It's pretty old.

Pendragon. It's an epic series and definatly qualifys as Fantasy. They flume around territory's trying to stop this evil guy named Saint Dane from taking over Halla which is everything that ever was, every time, anything, you name it. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat with the constent action. I once spent the entire day reading one book from cover to cover in 8 hours. Flume's defy the laws of time and space so they can always arrive whenever they are needed. It is very addicting and it's like 400-600 pages long. I HIGHLY reccomend it.

I'm starting Book 9 tonight. :3

Bob Franklin said:
Pendragon. It's an epic series and definatly qualifys as Fantasy. They flume around territory's trying to stop this evil guy named Saint Dane from taking over Halla which is everything that ever was, every time, anything, you name it. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat with the constent action. I once spent the entire day reading one book from cover to cover in 8 hours. Flume's defy the laws of time and space so they can always arrive whenever they are needed. It is very addicting and it's like 400-600 pages long. I HIGHLY reccomend it.

I'm starting Book 9 tonight. :3

I agree with this. This series is better than Harry Potter as well as any other book series I have ever read. 10/10 for Pendragon, read them.

-Black Rayquaza

Back