Discussion I guess 4 Field Blowers in mandatory in Bulu.

StevenM

Aspiring Trainer
I was winning 6 prizes to 1 vs Drampa/Garb and lost because he Garbotoxined, N'ed me. Luckiest crap ever.I guess I have to play 4 field blowers now? 2 isn't enough. I just about want to quit right now. I feel like i'll never be good at this game.

Yea thay deck can make comebeack especially late game when u have played bunch of items... i dnt see 4 being neccesary but have begun to see builds playing 3 field blowes as ppl playing 3 to4 choice bands and 3 to4 float stones.

Yea thay deck can make comebeack especially late game when u have played bunch of items... i dnt see 4 being neccesary but have begun to see builds playing 3 field blowes as ppl playing 3 to4 choice bands and 3 to4 float stones.

Yet another unwinnable matchup for Bulu. I keep wasting money on decks that suck. :(

Yet another unwinnable matchup for Bulu. I keep wasting money on decks that suck. :(
I havent play testes bulu but from what ive seen Volc, Gard, ninetales and metagross are gnna be the premier decks to build in opposition of garb variants.

I havent play testes bulu but from what ive seen Volc, Gard, ninetales and metagross are gnna be the premier decks to build in opposition of garb variants.

Can't beat any of them with Bulu. Volcanion is too fast and powerful now, Gard can take knock outs even if I discard all my energies, Metagross has too much HP and can Max Potion, etc.

I hate this format already.

Can't beat any of them with Bulu. Volcanion is too fast and powerful now, Gard can take knock outs even if I discard all my energies, Metagross has too much HP and can Max Potion, etc.
Yea those are all tough matchups..best way to go might be to make one of those decks.
I hate this format already.

I tried Volcanion as that was my first deck but it can't beat Gardevoir so i'm not sure it's worth playing. You can Kiawe up something and it's an easy target for Gardevoir. I got pummeled down by it.

Could just use Gardevoir but then people will say i'm taking the easy way out and resorting to a overpowered deck for wins.

Bulu can beat all of those decks you just gotta play smart especially Gardevoir you discard your energy so there attack does low damage and you spread early with koko to make gardevoir easier to knock out. Ho-oh is ohko's by kokos second attack and you can trade ko's after that, metagross is probably the hardest matchup and drampa garb is a bit of a toss up just don't use your field blowers at stupid times and play smart with your energy discards

Alot of ppl are going to play Gard so cant really see why ppl would complain nor does it matter. Long as you do well that what id focus on. Plus metagross has good matchup with gard due to weakness so not like it is the superior deck to all others.

Bulu can beat all of those decks you just gotta play smart especially Gardevoir you discard your energy so there attack does low damage and you spread early with koko to make gardevoir easier to knock out. Ho-oh is ohko's by kokos second attack and you can trade ko's after that, metagross is probably the hardest matchup and drampa garb is a bit of a toss up just don't use your field blowers at stupid times and play smart with your energy discards
lol, no it can't. i just tried it. Bulu just isn't a tier 1 deck and it can't handle Gardevoir. If it can't beat the best deck, then that's an issue.

It tends tp comw to matchups.. if in rega u play gard and just go against bunch of metagross it probably wpnt be a gpod torunament for. Volc has wealness to metagross which has weakness tedge over gard. And garb just beats ppl that relies on items or doesnt play items strategically.

You ever think it might be a user era or just not drawing right. It can defiantly beat garde. Garde is not the "best deck" there is no best deck it's just overhyped it's good and will win but it's not unbeatable

You ever think it might be a user era or just not drawing right. It can defiantly beat garde. Garde is not the "best deck" there is no best deck it's just overhyped it's good and will win but it's not unbeatable
no, I'm just not sure Bulu is a good deck anymore. I even just lost to Noivern item locking me turn 2. How do I beat that? I can't even get set up. Freaking sucks. So many things give Bulu problems, it's just not worth playing.

I tried Volcanion but lose to Bulu but when I used Bulu vs Volcanion, I lost. I'm seriously thinking about selling all my stuff and quitting. I'm no good at this game. :(

Well it seems like you just need to do more play testing and be more familiar with different points in the gane and how to play within those scenarios. If u have a volc deck id stick with rhat and play test it more bc it has promise in next format especially since metagross will see alot of play due to the hyped Gard.
My first regional this past format i played quad sylveon and relaized i hadnt prepared for all different decks and scenarios u face during the game that determine the outcome.. that torunament helped me realize the weakness and how to adjust the strategy agaisnt different decks late game. As u said u lost bith playing bulu and against bulu which shows that it has the ability to win.

Well it seems like you just beed to do more play testing and be more familiar with different points in the gane and how to play within those scenarios. If u have a volc deck id stick with rhat and play test it more bc it has promise in next format especially since metagross will see alot of play due to the hyped Gard
yeah but it loses to Gard. And I do playtest like all the time. And yet I always get clunky hands, bad matchups, etc. I play Volcanion, get a EX for my active, and draw through half my deck and draw no Float Stones, switches, etc. Has happened in my last 5 games with it. I guess a pro would just magically make the lucky draws or something. Guess more testing would lead to better luck with draws...

idk, i guess i'm not going to League Cup for the moment. I have no deck and no confidence. To the point where I don't have the desire to play right now.

yeah but it loses to Gard. And I do playtest like all the time. And yet I always get clunky hands, bad matchups, etc. I play Volcanion, get a EX for my active, and draw through half my deck and draw no Float Stones, switches, etc. Has happened in my last 5 games with it. I guess a pro would just magically make the lucky draws or something. Guess more testing would lead to better luck with draws...

idk, i guess i'm not going to League Cup for the moment. I have no deck and no confidence. To the point where I don't have the desire to play right now.
A pro would not magically drae better but might be able tp better deal with the given situation and/or have certain cards to better increase the consistency of draws. I have had games of bad luck where the coin flips were 25:75 instead of 50:50 but there will be some ganes where you brick hard but more often than not ur deck should not do that..bc as evidence shown in torunaments that decks like volc do well and the decklists are avilable. Id say maybe u have different playing style and with further playtesting u can change some cards in the deck until you are happy with the consistency.

A pro would not magically drae better but might be able tp better deal with the given situation and/or have certain cards to better increase the consistency of draws. I have had games of bad luck where the coin flips were 25:75 instead of 50:50 but there will be some ganes where you brick hard but more often than not ur deck should not do that..bc as evidence shown in torunaments that decks like volc do well and the decklists are avilable. Id say maybe u have different playing style and with further playtesting u can change some cards in the deck until you are happy with the consistency.

Well, my volcanion deck sucks because I can't beat Golisopod with it. I got Volcanion stuck AGAIN. I quit. This stuff only happens to me. It's always Lele or Volcanion EX in active and i never draw outs to get them out of active. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. Good bye.

I mean if all esle fails..if still wnna tey..u could build Gard, if u feel like it the best deck then try it out and see how that plays for u.

I mean does the deck work without abilities? No. But you only need 2 in the deck. You just need to only field blower when necessary. Lets say for example a bulu kills a garboder. You didn't discard energy so when it's your next turn, even if you are ability locked, don't waste a blower until you actually need the attachment. Hopefully your opponent will waste more float stones if you don't need to take off the ones already on. It's not an easy matchup though if they can consistently keep abilities off even with 4 blowers. You just need to play smarter about it.

@StevenM You have a subscription. Why don't you try posting your deck in the subscriber's hideout and asking our writers for help with your decks? They can give you advice as to what you're doing wrong, and how you can handle rough matchups.

Back