• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydreigon/Kyurem Spread (A friends deck I'm helping with)

Stuart Hayden

Born Champion.
This is actually a friends deck I'm helping him with. I'm really not trying to spam the board.
I've been helping him with this deck the past few days I'm fresh out of ideas.

Pokemon (14)
1 Cleffa
2 Kyurem
2 Tornadus
4-2-3 Hydreigon

T/S/S (26)
2 Eviolite
2 Rocky Helmet
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Twins
3 Cheren
3 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Oak's New Theory

Energy: (16)
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Dark Energy (Special)
8 Water Energy

Strategy is to get either Hydreigon or Kyurem powered up and start doing spread damage. Druggigon is also a back up due to Rough Skin can help weaken pokemon for Hydreigon and Kyurem.
Eviolite is there for Kyurem. Rocky Helm is for Druggigon and Hydreigon so they can tack on extra damage.

The main problem he has with this deck is it seriously lacks speed. I've been thinking about telling him to drop the Pokemon Tools altogether for either a full Twins, Juniper or Sages Training engine to help with speed. I think switch would help a lot too but iunno.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You are currently only running 4 draw supporters. I would do this:
-1 Pokemon Catcher
-4 Druddigon
-4 Dark Energy (Basic)
+4 Water Energy
+2 Twins
+3 Cheren

What about Juniper? If you play them with out Junk Arm in your hand they could speed up the deck quite a bit.
Also thought of Sages training for the same reason.

Cheren just seems so...bleh.

I've also been thinking about telling him to make this deck a CaKE variant to speed it up. But I'm not sure. He just got into the game and I don't want to overwhelm him.

i think you should do the cake variation. but im not sure what u would take out. any ideas ?

pokedudez2 said:
i think you should do the cake variation. but im not sure what u would take out. any ideas ?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this
I'm not entirely sure though.

Pokemon (16)
3 Kyurem
2-2 Electrode Prime
4-2-3 Hydreigon

T/S/S (29)
3 Research Record
3 Rare Candy
3 Twins
4 Cheren/Juniper
4 Junk Arm