• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydreigon/Cobalion/Electrode

Kiefer_777

This is the all powerful genosect.
I got 2 victini tins and one litwick blister and pulled 3 Hydreigon and said to myself "Self, you should make a Hydreigon deck." I made this in about 15ish minutes and I was very surprised on how good it has been doing. Soon Im going to test it against a Donphan/Empoleon Deck and then a Zoroark Rush deck. Ive mainly been testing against Magnezone decks and thought I would lose a lot, but to my surprise I haven't lost a single game. Here is the list.

4-1-3 Hydreigon
3 Cobalion
3-3 Electrode
1 Cleffa

4 Twins
3 Catcher
3 Collector
4 Pont
3 Candy
2 Switch
4 Communications
4 Junk Arm
3 Research Records

4{C}{C}
4 sp {M}
2{M}
2sp {D}

The basic strategy is to quickly set up Cobalion or Hydreigon with Electrode. Then you can lock attacks or spread some damage. The one problem I seem to have is to constantly get only 1 energy off of Electrode. All help is appreciated.

I run the Kyurem version of this deck and having 2 research records really helps with the problem of getting energy off of Electrode.

Maybe take out the a Twins (the deck isn't that slow that you'd need 4) and the Juniper (the PONTs and cleffa should cover you for hand refresh)

I tested against the Donphan/Empoleon deck and Im going to take out the cryogonal and the water for metals because the Cobalion lock is enough. Ill test with the Research records but Im thinking of bringing electrode to 3-2 or 2-2. Thnx for the help @kroatia

I feel like running Kyurem version of this deck would really help you to get those quick KO's. If you get kyurem set up by the second turn and hydreigon by 3 or 4 you can be taking some serious prizes. Don't get me wrong I'm very torn between whether or not to use Cobalion or Kyurem right now. But I agree, research records can't be beat in this deck. Also consider running Eviolite (since you're running beefy basics) and rocky helmet to get even more damage counters placed. All in all, I really think Hydreigon has the potential to do something in our format. True, stage one rush absolutely destroys it, but we don't see all that many of them lately.

I would like to just run CaKE but I only own 1 kyurem and they are going for like 20 bucks on T&T and pretty much no one at league has any. I really like hydreigon because it's rogue. Cobalion really helps against Donphan,Magnezone, and Terrakion. I think Ill drop the Electrode to 3-2 and drop a twins for 2 Research Records. I already took out the super rod and the juniper for 2 sp darks so I can 2 shot magnezone and dragons.

How would you feel about running Hydreigon with Eelektrik? Same general concept as MagEel except you don't lost zone the energy. Plus (In theory) it really helps with setting up benched Hydreigon which is one of the main problems with Hydreigon apart from the {F} weakness (Magnezone Prime can get around it though)

3-2-3 Hydreigon
3-3 Eelektrik
2 Thundurus
1 or 2 Tornadus / Cryogonal
1 Cleffa

3 Junper
3 PONT
2 Sage's
3 Junk Arm

9 {L}
4 DCE

This would work the same way as MagEel - You start, or you'd preferably want to start with Thundurus and set up a T2 Disaster Volt which gets {L} energy into the discard pile which Eelektrik will feed off to charge Hydreigon. You can also just go aggro Thundurus for most of the early game and pick off what you can when you can which is a viable way of running Thundurus. Tornadus / Cryogonal (your choice) to counter {F} pokemon, HOWEVER Cryogonal can OHKO Donphan Prime but it can't OHKO Terrakion Tornadus can't OHKO either of the 2, but it can deal with both in as little as 2 turns.

-1 Cryogonal
-2 {W} Energy
-2 Twins
-1 Catcher
-1 Switch

+2 Sp. Dark
+1 Collector
+1 Candy
+3 Sage's Training

I'm just cutting out the more gimmicky, techy, unnecessary stuff. What's going in will help you a lot in consistency, and Sage's Training is a must in Stage 2 decks. Now, to maximize Electrode's efficiency, we need to put in some Research Records to put anything that isn't an energy on the bottom of the deck. Let's do this:
-1 Coballion
- 1-1 Electrode (If you have to use this more than once or twice, you're doing it wrong.)
-1 Juniper (Just one isn't going to help you. If you find it to be extremely helpful, then add multiple copies, but since you only have one I'd say drop it because with only one copy you're getting minimum consistency.)

+4 Research Record

Ive updated the list to a more current list Ive been testing with. Ill see how it does at league and make some more changes. I think I might try eelektrik since I have 3.

Eelektrik is a bad idea, imo, for this deck. You have to be able to get it to your active pokemon, but Dynamotor only works for the bench. Also, you have to Dynamotor an {L} Energy, which you don't even run. That would be an entirely different deck with an entirely different strategy, not really an edit.

^I see no Eelektrik, only Electrode....vastly different Pokemon. I'd go with -1 Deino +1 Zweilous simply because if the basic has over 30-40 hp, I feel that you only need 3, and 1 Stage 2 is going to make Vileplume a huge pain. As for not getting energy off of Trode, you run 12 energy. That's very little for a normal deck, for an Electrode one that's really bad. Also, hate to break it to you, but this deck is pretty much outclassed by CaKE because Kyurem is a basic that does, for the same energy or less than Hydreigon, more damage if the opponent has 5 or 6 Pokemon, which most opponents will.

Dark Void said:
^I see no Eelektrik, only Electrode....vastly different Pokemon. I'd go with -1 Deino +1 Zweilous simply because if the basic has over 30-40 hp, I feel that you only need 3, and 1 Stage 2 is going to make Vileplume a huge pain. As for not getting energy off of Trode, you run 12 energy. That's very little for a normal deck, for an Electrode one that's really bad. Also, hate to break it to you, but this deck is pretty much outclassed by CaKE because Kyurem is a basic that does, for the same energy or less than Hydreigon, more damage if the opponent has 5 or 6 Pokemon, which most opponents will.

I know. I was replying to post #8.

Back