• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydregion/Darkrai Mix

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
I am looking to improve this deck of mine for this upcoming battle roads I am going to. Can I get some Suggestions?

Pokemon

3 - Darkrai EX (Promo BW46)
3 - Hydregion (DRX 97)
1 - Zweilous (DRX 95)
2 - Deino (NVI 77)
1 - Deino (DRX 93)
2 - Sableye (DEX 62)
1 - Mew EX (DRX 120)
1 - Reshiram EX (Promo BW36)
1 - Mewtwo EX (Promo BW45)
1 - Shaymin EX (NXD 5)

Trainers

3 - Rare Candy (DEX 100)
2 - Tool Scrapper (DRX 116)
2 - Eviolite (NVI 91)
3 - Dark Patch (DEX 93)
3 - N (DEX 96)
1 - N (NVI 92)
3 - Pokemon Catcher (EPO 95)
2 - Bianca (EPO 90)
4 - Professor Juniper (DEX 98)
3 - Ultra Ball (DEX 102)
3 - Max Potion (EPO 94)
2 - Switch (BLW 104)
1 - Random Receiver (DEX 99)

Energy

8 - Dark Energy (BLW 111)
4 - Blend Energy (DRX 117)

Strategy

My strategy is to get Hydregion out. With this, it would help me spread energy while using other Pokemon like Mewtwo and Reshiram to do big damage. I would be using Shaymin for late games when I am behind on prizes, and Mew to copy moves to use to my advantage. While using Blend Energy with Hydergion's Ability I can move around the energy to whichever Pokemon I choose. While with Darkrai, I can almost always guarantee a free retreat cost to any of my Pokemon.

i think you are focusing too much on techs and not on hydrai.
might want to bump up the catcher to 4, and also profesor juni.

koji said:
i think you are focusing too much on techs and not on hydrai.
might want to bump up the catcher to 4, and also profesor juni.

What would you consider taking out for another Pokemon Catcher, and a forth Professor Juniper?

Reshiram BW is not good in this deck because it requires 2/4 of your blends and discards them. It also cannot tank and will fall easier than most other viable options. It goes completely against the aim of the deck. Entei EX is a much better option because it CAN tank, destroys Registeel almost as well as Reshiram BW, and does not discard energy. Mew EX is an odd and underplayed card in this deck, and for good reason. It dies too easily, and WAAAY to easily for an EX, when the goal of this deck is to tank. You'd be better off using Darkrai to attack or swapping it for a second Mewtwo EX. You definitely don't need Switch, because the combo between Darkrai and Hydreigon gives every Pokemon free retreat. You do not have enough supporters to be consistent enough and will often be stranded. You have Tool Scrapper to give you a free switch back to the bench against Garbodor. (scrapper the tool (s), use abilities to gain free retreat). Otherwise good list.

grantm1999 said:
Reshiram BW is not good in this deck because it requires 2/4 of your blends and discards them. It also cannot tank and will fall easier than most other viable options. It goes completely against the aim of the deck. Entei EX is a much better option because it CAN tank, destroys Registeel almost as well as Reshiram BW, and does not discard energy. Mew EX is an odd and underplayed card in this deck, and for good reason. It dies too easily, and WAAAY to easily for an EX, when the goal of this deck is to tank. You'd be better off using Darkrai to attack or swapping it for a second Mewtwo EX. You definitely don't need Switch, because the combo between Darkrai and Hydreigon gives every Pokemon free retreat. You do not have enough supporters to be consistent enough and will often be stranded. You have Tool Scrapper to give you a free switch back to the bench against Garbodor. (scrapper the tool (s), use abilities to gain free retreat). Otherwise good list.

So I would be dropping Reshiram EX and Mew EX and adding in one more Mewtwo EX and a Juniper?

Looks good to me. I'd also drop a Super Rod for a Benchtini. It can OHKO every prominent steel type, and only requires 1 blend. Super rod isn't too necessary since Dark Patch gets back energy.

Puff said:
Looks good to me. I'd also drop a Super Rod for a Benchtini. It can OHKO every prominent steel type, and only requires 1 blend. Super rod isn't too necessary since Dark Patch gets back energy.

Which Victini is Benchtini?

Okay, so for changes I'd do this this right

- Reshiram EX
- Mew EX
- Super Rod

+ Mewtwo EX
+ Professor Juniper
+ Victini (Benchtini)?

Puff said:
It's 15/101 from NV. The holo one with V-Create. It's a really good Registeel EX counter.

I don't have that Victini, do you know how it is to obtain?

Actually, instead of BenchTini, keep Reshi EX, because he's a strong tank in this deck, He OHKO's any opposing Stage 2 and any Big Basic that's not an EX, and even then, he OHKO's Shaymin EX, Mew EX and Registeel EX. He's flippy, but the damage really isn't a problem since you have Max Potion. Plus, it doesn't require you to have a big bench, which you don't need anyways.

Alright, I slightly updated my deck list my replacing one Super Rod with another Professor Juniper. How is that?

What about dropping both Switches? Also, I was confused because in the list it says Reshiram EX (BW 36) when Reshiram EX isn't from BW. It's from NXD. For Switch you could put in 2 Random Receivers and probably should replace Reshi EX with Entei because it can't hurt itself.

grantm1999 said:
What about dropping both Switches? Also, I was confused because in the list it says Reshiram EX (BW 36) when Reshiram EX isn't from BW. It's from NXD. For Switch you could put in 2 Random Receivers and probably should replace Reshi EX with Entei because it can't hurt itself.

The promo card says BW36, so I wrote it as that. Sorry for the confusion.

I like having the two switches in my build because my deck starts slow. So if I don't draw into Darkrai EX with a dark energy it would provide some protection.

Puff said:
Empoleon takes 2 easy prizes off it though, as does Blasteo. Mewtwo also eats it for breakfast.

Like I said though, it can trade Prizes with Empoleon. It OHKO's Blastiose, and if you're ballsy enough to play him against Either of these two decks, good luck. Mewtwo actually is,'t that big of a problem for him. Mewtwo needs five energy to OHKO Reshi, six with Eviolite, sp if it can't OHKO you, Max Potion.

Would like to point out that Mewtwo OHKO's Reshiram EX with three energies after the self damage (four with Eviolite)... The problem with the self damage is it's essentially several Plus Powers for your opponent (3 with Eviolite and 5 without). It puts you in KO range of several things, and Max Potion doesn't really help if Reshiram has been KO'd.

Back