• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

hydreboar

megabarkerboy

Aspiring Trainer
this si a deck that ive been intrested in building for a while well the hydreigon part any way but was looking at my emboars and thought why not so heres the deck list.

pokemon
3 emboar ability
2 pignite
3 tepig
3 hydreigon
2 zweilous
3 deino
2 ursaring prime
2 teddiursa
4 druddigon

trainers/supporters
4 n
2 pont
2 pro elms training method
2 pokemon collector
4 rare candies
3 interviewers questions
2 switch
2 rocky helmit

energy
1 dce
14 fire energy

the stratagy fot this deck is to get out hydreigon asap to start sniping the opponants bench if i dont get this i stall with drudigon and emboars there to put on the maximium energy on hydreigon asap to kill of week things or to tiar your opponants bench.

pokemon:

-2 teddiursa
-2 ursaring prime
-4 drudiggon
-1 Emboar ability

+2 Badboar
+1 Pichu or Cleffa
+2 Reshiram
(the 4 extra cards will be used in energy and supporters)

Badboar will give your deck firepower with its ability to do 150 damage. Since you have Ability Emboar you can reload it easily.

Pichu will help you fill up your bench. If you dont like Pichu you can opt for Cleffa to help you get out of a bad hand.

Reshiram is a better dragon to use as a staller since you use fire energy.

Energy:
+3 DCE
-3 Fire Energy
(4 extra cards will be used for supporters)

Its better to maximize DCE since Hydreigon can use 2XDCE to power its attack and Badboar will also benefit from it.

Supporters:

-4 N
-2 rocket helmet
-2 Professor Elms

+2 PONT
+4 Pokemon Communication
+2 Twins
+4 Fisherman

Since your deck is slower, twins will help you recover. Pokemon communication is an item and enables you to get your evolution card without the use of a supporter. Fisherman is needed to recover energy in case you need to switch to plan B which is reshiram and badboar. I think PONT is better than N for this deck since it consistently refreshes your hand with 6 cards.

robertbejamin i do disagree with the bad boars and taking out the ursiring dut the reshiram part i am considering for the drudigon.

megabarkerboy said:
robertbejamin i do disagree with the bad boars and taking out the ursiring dut the reshiram part i am considering for the drudigon.

trust me you'll need badboar. badboar one-shots any pokemon with 150 hp or below whereas ursaring prime doesnt. ursaring does very few damage for a lot of energy. you are already using abiliboar so it makes a lot of sense to add badboar. besides badboar just adds you 2 cards whereas teddiursa + ursaring prime is 4 cards. it is rational to invest fire energy to a pokemon that can do 50 and 150 damage per turn compared to 30 and 60 damage per turn. just look at the meta right now : reshiplosion, ZPST, truth variants, gothitelle, eelektrik variants --- you'll need the badboar to ohko their pokemon.

RobertBenjamin said:
trust me you'll need badboar. badboar one-shots any pokemon with 150 hp or below whereas ursaring prime doesnt. ursaring does very few damage for a lot of energy. you are already using abiliboar so it makes a lot of sense to add badboar. besides badboar just adds you 2 cards whereas teddiursa + ursaring prime is 4 cards. it is rational to invest fire energy to a pokemon that can do 50 and 150 damage per turn compared to 30 and 60 damage per turn. just look at the meta right now : reshiplosion, ZPST, truth variants, gothitelle, eelektrik variants --- you'll need the badboar to ohko their pokemon.

yes i can see this but i dont wont to be discarding energy when i can aviod it and reshiram is a better option becouse it doest discard all of its energy and there is not much out there with more than 130 hp at the moment.

megabarkerboy said:
yes i can see this but i don't wont to be discarding energy when i can aviod it and reshiram is a better option becouse it doest discard all of its energy and there is not much out there with more than 130 hp at the moment.

except there is eviolite now in the meta.

+1 for removing the Ursaring line and drudiggon

The focus of your deck is to attack with Hydre, and load him up with Emboar! I think Ursaring is to clunky and reshiram is definitly a better option as a second attacked. It does 120 damage like ursaring, dosen't need damage counters to do this, has more hp. Is searchable via Collector / dual ball, is a basic, can use Evolite

i'd use this deck similar to david cohen's magneboar, but with a little more support. first i'd use 3-1-2 of emboar, because that extra tepig will always give you an advantage of it being knocked out so you can play twins, or you can use it to discard for junk arm. and i'd use 2 reshirams because it's a great attacker. i'd also use a cleffa because you really need something like that in the deck because if you get bad hands and no draw supporter you can just communicate for your cleffa. and you absolutely have to have 4 collector, it's mandatory. you also need 4 junk arm. and i wouldn't use pont because you have 4 n, which is enough right there, i'd probably use a super rod and sage's training. you could also use juniper if you wanted.

thanks for the comments i have now taken out ursaring and drudigon and pont for 2rehiram 1cleffa and 2junk arm 2catcher 1colector 2dce

Back