• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydraboar [Hydreigon/Emboar]

mtracy3543

Aspiring Trainer
As the time for a new prerelease approaches i believe there is a new deck in the making. A card coming possibly from the next american set, Hydreigon may make a difference to the format and then again it may not, but i have decided to make a deck list around it but some of you dont know what it does, here is the english translation:

Hydreigon – {D}– HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Aura
All Energy attached to this Pokemon becomes Darkness Energy.

{D}{D}{D}{D} Dangerous Blade: 60 damage. Choose 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 40 damage to each of those Pokemon (don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench).

Weakness: {F}(x2)
Resistance: {P} (-20)
Retreat: {C}{C}{C}

Other cards that i'll be including in this deck list are:

Super Rod - Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Pokemon Catcher- Trainer

Switch your opponents defending pokemon with one of his/her benched pokemon.

Now onto my deck list:

4-2-4 Hydreigon
2-1-2 Emboar
1-0-1 Samurott
1 cleffa
2-2 ninetales

22 pokemon

4 pokemon collector
4 pokemon communication
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 junk arm
3 pokemon catcher
3 energy retrieval
1 super rod
4 rare candy

28 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

10{R}

Strategy: Cleffa is the starter it is used to usually hand refresh and help set up hydreigon and emboar. Samurott is a tech, hydreigon loses to donphan and seeing as how i can abuse emboars ability to power him up to 1 shot a donphan is great. Emboar is my all around energy accleration. Ninetales is my overally draw power allowing me to abuse the energy retrievals even more.leave comments on what you think.

This looks like it could be a fun deck with the use of Hydreigon. My concern would be the lack of draw in this deck. Strategies like this work well because you can keep using a draw engine like Magnezone or Ninetales to keep putting those Fire energies into your hand. You're also running three stage 2s which is quite clunky. I would go:

-1-0-1 Samurott (Lose some clunkiness and a few clever maneuvers with your other Pokemon should help with Reshiram and Donphan)
-1 Flower Shop Girl (FSL, never found this to be a great card. The cards you put back into your deck will be difficult to get back into your hand, especially because you'll have to mind your stage 2s while you do so)
-3 Copycat (Helps Yanmega and you'll have Ninetales, so it's fine)
+1-1 Ninetales (Roast Reveal is your friend)
+1 Energy Reveal
+3 Fire Energy (For exploitation of Emboar and Ninetales- and, in effect, Hydreigon)

I didn't realize how heavy of a hitter hyd is. I think with enoigh rare candies and switches if you pair it up with a 2-1-2 ttar prime line and reduce hyd to maybe a 3-1-3 to make room for the switches and candies you cold have a really good tank/damage spread deck. If emboar and even ninetails sits the bench the whole game the darkness howl wont hurt your damage out put. Emboar has 150 HP anyway so ninetails is the only one in danger of knock out. Just ad a few seeker maybe. Mandubuzz for even more snipe and taking advantage of darkness howls great damage spread. This is the deck I'm building when the nee set coomes outou

Unfortunately, I'm almost sure Hydreigon won't be in Emerging Powers, but will most likely be in our November set. So still a tad longer wait. But I'm extremely excited for all the deck variants that it will make. I def. see it with Mandibuzz or T-tar, and I like the idea of Emboar. Good luck on the deck, it looks good!

Thanks T I mean its an overall good card pairing it with emboar is really the best option ya know being able to place them where ever is what really matter otherwise gatr prime would be another viable option and as long as it is released soon It wouldn't matter to me.:)

i made a hydra boar deck a while back. maybe you should check out this link:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97955

this list was made when the first few Red collection cards where released, so it's not that great a list, but it should give you some ideas

You have too many pokemon collector in my opinion, you have coverage for 12 and have 10 basics.
And you need more cleffa. Cause you can't just asume you'll always draw the one.

Id say
-1Pokemon Collector
-1 Junk Arm

-2 Cards

+1 Tyrouge
+1 Cleffa

Also with such a high retreat I'd try to fit in a switch or two

you should look into adding special dark energy...might as well use on for turn's attach and inferno fandango the rest and you'll still be set up energy-wise in one turn and you'll do 70 to defending pokemon instead of 60. then next turn add another special dark. oh what was that? 70 then 80? 2-hit machamp, your biggest enemy instead of doing 60 then 60 then....3-turn knockout? takes to long. plus power and/or special dark energies.

you'll also be running through those 10 fire energies quick while burning some with roast reveal...but with the retrievals and super rod, I'd say adding special dark energies would be more important than more fire energies.

Ghost Bear said:
you should look into adding special dark energy...might as well use on for turn's attach and inferno fandango the rest and you'll still be set up energy-wise in one turn and you'll do 70 to defending pokemon instead of 60. then next turn add another special dark. oh what was that? 70 then 80? 2-hit machamp, your biggest enemy instead of doing 60 then 60 then....3-turn knockout? takes to long. plus power and/or special dark energies.

you'll also be running through those 10 fire energies quick while burning some with roast reveal...but with the retrievals and super rod, I'd say adding special dark energies would be more important than more fire energies.

Special Dark energy wouldn't work here because Hydreigon's Ability would change Special Dark into regular darkness energy.

Back