XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

Okay, this definitely was worthy of the title "scoop of the century".

Wow, this is the craziest thing to happen to Pokemon since... ever.

This is...horrible.

As someone who pretty much likes all new additions (with very few exceptions)...this is just terrible. Are the names truly "Mega____?" One of the reasons i've always preferred Pokémon over Digimon is the lack of prefix+base name. Even if these are just form changes...why?

Do. Not. Want.

Okay, I have to admit it: this is awesome, and I hope every Pokémon will get a Mega form.

FT10 said:
sohrin305 said:
I am going to add to this. It would be really awesome, in my opinion, to only allow one megastone per party. Like in a battle, you can only have one of your pokemon evolve into a mega. This adds depth to the gameplay as you won't know which Pokémon has the megastone.

Maybe they will have a quest line for getting each individual Pokemon their Mega-item. Torchic comes with the Blazikenite/Blaziken Knight, but perhaps you have to talk to this new character, Koruni, to find out how to obtain the specific Mega item for each Pokemon. Also, they could involve the whole bonding-with-your-Pokemon mechanic. Maybe the Pokemon who likes you the most is the only one who can use the Mega item. I am not sure, but I believe GF would put limitations on how many/which Pokemon can use the Mega items and become a Mega-lution.

I hate being in this state of confusion. Your above ideas seem reasonable enough, but there are too many unanswered questions. Will all Pokémon be getting a mega evolution? Legendaries don't seem to be excluded from it if Awakened Mewtwo is a mega. If not, how will the game's plotline justify seemingly random Pokémon getting a mega evolution and not others. Is the evolution permanent? Is it an in-battle effect? Do stats and/or typing change too? Does the mega have to evolve from the final Pokémon in its evolutionary line, or the middle one (Blaziken to MegaBlaziken, or Combusken to MegaBlaziken)? Lastly, how will the games justify these mega evolutions suddenly being available now, but not earlier in the pokemon canon?

Given the fact that we have a MegaBlaziken, and there's going to be an online Torchic distribution, maybe the items needed to evolve will be restricted to event-only status?

I would assume that the changes are permanent because in one of the trailer Mewtwo-A seemed to use a brand new move that could very well be exclusive from regular Mewtwo.

I've actually completely come round to it now! The shock has completely worn off.

I hope they really are only temporary in-battle things and that they're still balanced despite they're 'mega-ness'.

jdivinity said:
The whole Mega evolution concept reminds me of an extremely talented Fakemon artist who made "Dark Evolutions" for the final evolution of the starters and I'm trying to find them as I type this but I saw them over 4 years ago so I have no idea if the artist deleted their account or not.

Are you perhaps talking about Darksilvania, who has an account on Deviantart?
Edit: Seems like @Drokas already answered you. XD

I've never truly bought into the theme of genetics for Gen 6, but the revealing of mega-pokémon changes things for me. Maybe only a small percentage of all the Pokémon who can achieve mega level (but still a larger percentage than shinies or Pokémon infected with Pokerus) have the genetic potential to undergo a mega evolution. They'll be considered fringe pokemon on the evolutionary scale, and maybe Team Flare's plan will be to isolate and market/sell this genetic potential.

Back