Hows PL:AoA?

reclaimer94

Grass Pokemon Master
i havn't been on in a while, and i didn't see the verdict on it, so:

How is the new set? Does it have good cards in alot of packs? Whats the chance of getting and X, Arceus, or other good rare?

and most of all, is it worth buying a few packs?

It's worth buying a few packs. The Arceus cards, (who have their own sub-set), sometimes are the RH cards that come in the packs. You get the full set in a box, (all 9), and about 3 LV.Xs in a box. Gengar LV.X is the most valuable and most wanted card in the entire set, and it's not bad to say the least. I would get a couple.

Well, it all depends on what your looking for.

To highlight the good cards;

-Spiritomb
-Expert Belt
-Gengar X
-Salamence X
-Luxray

But it has lots of decent cards.
The arceus cards are better for collection. I have yet to see a good deck in person.

Its worth getting some packs.

I got 1.5 boxes. One of the best sets lately IMO. If you're building Arceus like me, a box will get you pretty well started.

besides the list shadoworganoid posted, Charizard, kabutops/omistar, cherrim, sceptile, and raticate are all reasonably good. Froslass+SSU+BTS might be useable for something too.

I think that actually in some packs the Arceus are the rares and in some they're the reverse holos.

Meaty said:
I think that actually in some packs the Arceus are the rares and in some they're the reverse holos.
Actually, the Acreus cards are always the rev holo, just like the Rotoms. And is it worth it to get some packs? Definitely yes.

i've opened 8 packs of arceus before and got like one lv.x, two arceus, and like three holo. it has more holos and lv.x's than the other platinum sets, i think. i might be wrong.

I think it's actually better to just buy singles unless you plan to play arceus. there aren't too many staples, and you are going to end up wiith some junky rares. I think singles are best for this set.

What Julicoolo said. If you buy a box, all your going to get is a bunch of Arceus. The Lv. X are pretty common in this set anyway, so singles are best.

Getting a bunch of Arceus isn't a bad thing :) XD

Definitely get a box. Expert Belt is a wonderful addition to many decks, and there are many decks that have potential (Mothim, Tangrowth, Salamence, Curse Gengar, Gliscor, Probopass, Arceus, Charizard, Luxray and Raticate). Since the set is so small (111 cards), your bound to get many multiples of cards that you want.

Bippa201 said:
Getting a bunch of Arceus isn't a bad thing :) XD

Definitely get a box. Expert Belt is a wonderful addition to many decks, and there are many decks that have potential (Mothim, Tangrowth, Salamence, Curse Gengar, Gliscor, Probopass, Arceus, Charizard, Luxray and Raticate, Toxicroak). Since the set is so small (111 cards - including the 3 Shinies and 9 Arceus. Otherwise, it's only 99.), your bound to get many multiples of cards that you want.

It's definitely not a bad set to buy IMO. There are a lot of good and nice rares in it. Even though some(perhaps most?) of the rares are not really playable at the moment, it is still a good set to at least collect... :)

starcharge said:
Actually, the Acreus cards are always the rev holo, just like the Rotoms. And is it worth it to get some packs? Definitely yes.

That's odd, I thought I remember once pulling a reverse holo along with an Arceus in a pack at the prerelease. But then again, I remember my friend getting an Arceus Lv.X and an Arceu in the same pack so the Lv.X was the rare and the Arceus the reverse.

If you're allowed to cherry pick the packs go with Zapdos and Grass Arceus, those usually have some of the good chase Rares, Uncommons, and Commons. Credit goes to iceman92 and tcgbreaker for the info.

I just recently pulled a Salamence Lv. X, Charizard Non-Foil, Spiritomb (Reverse Foil), Shiny Bagon, 1 Expert Belt (traded sorta), Toxicroak (Reverse Foil), and Gengar Lv. X which I recently traded for a Tangrowth Lv. X.

Back