Help How To Sell My Collection?

Miss Jenna

Aspiring Trainer
I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but as I'm looking for advice and not just selling my cards I figured this was the best place!

So like basically everyone, I collected Pokemon cards in the 90s and early 00s. I stopped when I was about sixteen. I've had this collection sitting in a box for ages, but now I am trying to declutter my life, so I want to sell them.

I have a friend pricing them for me right now, but I have a few cards worth 450 - 1000, though obviously they won't sell for that much. I have a few other interesting cards - first edition Pikachu, promo version of Articuno, first edition Girafarig, for example - but mostly but a lot of more common cards. My collection is around 250 cards.

As I'm brand new to the market, I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell this collection. Should I sell the high-priced items individually, and the cheaper cards as a set? Is Ebay the best market for this? I'm totally lost and could use some help! Thanks in advance!

I would recommend showing us some pictures if you want true pricing. Condition is everything. If you have loads of rare cards, consider selling them together. Don’t be too hasty though.

Just a follow up to @IronCow Tom , how familiar is your friend with the Pokemon Trading Card Game? Pricing cards can be difficult for people because the first thought some people get is "I'll go to ebay and see what they're selling for". You have to know exactly what version of a card you have before you can being trying to price things out.

as with the others. condition is everything. the cards (hopefully) are in pristine and mint condition.
were they stored in sheet protectors? were they in sleeves in hard side top loaders. ebay is a good start, just take a look a the sold cards and make sure your cards match the condition. typically NM or M. you can always try a card show or a local / regional pokemon event where there might be vendors. just make sure you know the true value of your card and what percentage of that you are willing to accept. whether its cash or trade. good luck.

Back