How To Become a TCG Master. (I Don't mean " Grand Puba")

kawaii_Mew

I'll never forget..as long as I wear it.
It does'nt matter which deck you use in play or which Pokemon. It's how you play the game. If you rely on the deck too much, you'll surely lose. It's skill you need on this game and a little bit of luck. Take advantage of your own skill and your own strength. Of course I'm not saying , that the deck's not important, It really is. But practice your strength and work on your weakness. That's how you can be an expert. Never give up.
That's to my Point of view. Post to this topic You're point of view.

In a different analogy...

A warrior is worthless without a weapon, but a warrior is only as good as his weapon allows it.

Now replace warrior with player and weapon with deck.

m0nster1nc, that sounds weird when you put it that way...
"A Player is *worthless* without his deck, but a Player is only as good as his deck allows him..."

The kind of say the same thing, I think it is supposed to be a contradiction in the actual saying...

You win by beating the competition...nothing more, nothing less. In otherwords, the deck that will win, is the deck that is superior to most of the other decks. I could win a flawless victory against 20-30 (mabye more) percent of the popular decks with a single card...so it does matter what you use, and how you use it, but more importantly the relation of what you use to what you face...

Whicker said:
This one's easy. You become a master of the TCG when you play like me.

/thread
Even though you don't play anymore :_.

Just practice and you'll get better. Then you get good, then you get great. It's quite elementary.

Arcanine out.

its realy based arround time spent on buying/building/playing over and over... thats what makes a good player.

I would have to say that to become te best you have to do three things in order of importance.

Most important: Build a good deck. Dependng on what cards you put in the deck you could be doing t2 60 and be set, or you could be still attacking with your basic, doing 20- damage. It's all in how you make the probability of getting all of the cards you need.

Second: Practice & Strategy. If you don't know how to use your deck, you'll do just as bad. If you have one energy and you play holon mentor and get no castforms (Example from a delta deck) then you obviously don't know the deck. Or if you were to play a transceiver for a Holon mentor when themajority of your basics were in your hand, the same thing applies.

Third: Luck. I cannot stress how important this is. It can make the difference from starting strong to straggling behind. In some cases it will make you lose the match. (My cities... 4 Bantte ex Prized. >.>)

Just follow the rules and get familiar with the decks in the format.
Be confident with your deck.Dont just build a deck because everybody is saying it is the best (im not saying that archetypes are bad).Build a deck with the pokemon you like and try to make the deck good. :D

Pokemon you like are good, nbut try finding pokemon that compliment each other, or that can be formatted into a strategy.

Back